Basic Draft Question

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Basic Draft Question

#16 Post by Borealis »

Bulldozers wrote:... he must be related to that famous left-hander Henry Wiggens, who authored one of the best baseball books ever, Bang the Drum Slowly.
Wow... There's a flash from the past, taking me back to the early 70's - or was that the late 60's? They made a movie of that, did they not?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Arroyos »

Borealis wrote:
Bulldozers wrote:... he must be related to that famous left-hander Henry Wiggens, who authored one of the best baseball books ever, Bang the Drum Slowly.
Wow... There's a flash from the past, taking me back to the early 70's - or was that the late 60's? They made a movie of that, did they not?
Yup, the movie's from 1973, with MIchael Moriarty and Robert DeNiro. I show it to my Baseball Lit class every spring. I think it's still one of the best baseball films. But the novel, by Mark Harris, is brilliant.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#18 Post by KenH »

Bulldozers wrote:But with the younger Wiggins out of the picture, Yuma may have to break all its rules and draft an infielder first.
The drama rises! Who will it be?!?!
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Malts
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#19 Post by Malts »

How did this happen?

http://www.pebabaseball.com/reports/new ... 13559.html

Get drafted, play in minors for 3 years, then get drafted again after going back to college?
Ryan Vail
Madison Malts

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”