Quick draft pool question

Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

Quick draft pool question

#1 Post by Vic »

Hi folks -

Quick question: are the pitcher and batter draft pools linked to from the league home page the actual pools that will be available in-game? If so, when do they actually show up? (Right now, the draft pool is just grayed out in the game program).

And, yes, my interest in researching the draft pool may have something to do with the fact that virtually every player in my minor league system is assessed as “May be overmatched at this level” ...

Thanks!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Quick draft pool question

#2 Post by Wind Dancers »

During the next sim (Wednesday) the draft pool will be revealed and everything will be updated. I will also be uploading the pool to StatsLab so that people can start making their draft lists.

The pools listed right now are incorrect.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#3 Post by Vic »

Thanks, Dylan!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

Last night, Dylan, RJ and I painstakingly worked through the Draft Order to assure we have the correct order. We began with the normal base order. Then we subtracted the votes from the teams that signed Qualifying Free Agents. These teams were NO, Canton, FLA, AUR, Hartford, OKA, Scottish, Reno, NO and OKA. Only Reno's pick was protected, so the other 9 teams lost their 1st round pick, while Reno loses their 2nd round pick. Supplemental picks were added between the 1st and 2nd rounds, in order of record. The effect of this is a condensing of those rounds. Last year there were 34 first round picks. This year just 21. The disparity comes from the messed up 2026 draft - some of you may recall - newbies, just shudder...

We had a list of 7 unsigned draftees from 2027, and the rule reads that a team receives a pick in the same slot +1, so the key element here is not so much what round you selected in, but what was your overall pick number. For instance, San Antonio had the 9th pick in the 2nd round last year - but there were 40 picks in the 1st and Supplemental rounds (San Antonio's being #49) - so that pick translates to the 19th in the second round in this years draft - #50 overall (#49 + 1). Compensation Picks were received by San Antonio (2), Florida, San Juan, Crystal Lake (2) and Palm Springs.

We lastly added in the traded picks. Yuma will be on the clock a lot.

There are still three Qualifying FAs left that could delete picks from teams and add to the Supplemental round. Of course there is still plenty of time for trading, so the final-final order is still to be determined.

The draft order is up to date both in-game and in StatsLab, and the Draft Pool has been released, and is in StatsLab as well. You can now begin building your draft lists. For those of you new to the PEBA, we use StatsLab to draft - so don't build a list in-game and expect that to be enough. There is no way of exporting an in-game list. There are strategies for getting information out of the game and imported into StatsLab - the trick is getting the player ID's.

Dylan has been working on the draft pools to assure that they are much closer to (if not) identical than we've had in the past. This will hopefully be a huge help. Should you find any inconsistency's, please bring those to our attention.

We are pleased to have this hammered out at the start of the Draft process, so that we can leisurely begin planning our lists now and not feel rushed. The Draft will be Saturday 2/16 and Sunday 2/17, beginning at 10am PT/1pm ET, as has been our tradition. I remind you that attending our Live draft is a requirement and one of the CP earning activities. It's usually a fun time and a good opportunity to chat with each other, plot trades, coups, or delivering pie to Kentucky or rabbits to Palm Springs...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by Wind Dancers »

I can also confirm as of this morning, that we have the draft pool in Statslab and ready to go. The pool was exported/imported directly from what we see in-game so it is the same, no more missing players! Also, ratings in Statslab now reflect what we see with OSA in-game. While I personally trust a scout more than OSA, at least Statslab and OSA will look the same.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Lions »

Wind Dancers wrote:I can also confirm as of this morning, that we have the draft pool in Statslab and ready to go. The pool was exported/imported directly from what we see in-game so it is the same, no more missing players! Also, ratings in Statslab now reflect what we see with OSA in-game. While I personally trust a scout more than OSA, at least Statslab and OSA will look the same.
This is tremendous. Thanks for the work that went into this!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#7 Post by KenH »

Amazing amount of work, guys. I'm sure I speak for the other GMs when I say how grateful I am that you put in so much work to make things go smoothly! ;-D
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Arroyos »

Yeah, what he said. (Thanks for speaking for me, Ken.) :grin:
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Borealis »

When it comes to building lists and importing them into StatsLab, the key element is to download the draft list from the Team WarRoom in StatsLab - and click the 'Show PID' button - this will give you all the players with their IDs and a collection of ratings data from OSA. Do with it what you want... manipulate it as you please - but the key thing when it comes to importing the list back into StatsLab is to have those ID numbers - as a matter of fact, all you need is those ID's in the order you like!

Note: I do believe they are separate Batter and Pitcher lists...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Lions »

Borealis wrote:When it comes to building lists and importing them into StatsLab, the key element is to download the draft list from the Team WarRoom in StatsLab - and click the 'Show PID' button - this will give you all the players with their IDs and a collection of ratings data from OSA. Do with it what you want... manipulate it as you please - but the key thing when it comes to importing the list back into StatsLab is to have those ID numbers - as a matter of fact, all you need is those ID's in the order you like!

Note: I do believe they are separate Batter and Pitcher lists...
The export from the StatsLab warroom are separate, but you import it back into StatsLab as a combined list of ID's.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Borealis »

Thanks Frank for that additional tidbit - I had just assumed that... :-B
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Denny »

Great job to put in all the work to have the draft pool ready in advance! :clap:

Of course I will almost certainly put off creating my list until the last minute anyway... :bunny:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”