Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2028, Season 22

Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2028, Season 22

#76 Post by Fishermen »

Best sim of the year, 5-1, and top of the Seaboard too :clap: 2027 IL Royal Raker winner Luis Cedeno picks up the first IL Batter of the Month award for 2028 and leads all of PEBA with 10 homers and 31 RBI
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#77 Post by Vic »

The Harpoon is on point!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#78 Post by Zephyrs »

C'mon man. Reno is where hitters come to crater. Pedro Ferringo has a .494 OPS. Is there a BABIP curse on my bats?
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#79 Post by Borealis »

After a quick jump out of the gates, rookie LF Ricardo Zamora is 6-53 (.113), with 20 K... In that same period, rookie 1B Jose Torres is 20-53 (.377) with 6 HR, 15 RBI and only 9 K... How's that for the Neat and Not So Neat...??

John Turner's last couple of outings have been ragged, after a solid start, and with Carlos Rivera ready to come off the DL, Aurora will through him in as a 6th starter, which, along with an off day, will give Turner an extra two days off before facing the Evil Evas...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#80 Post by Wind Dancers »

Toyama is in the middle of a heated battle for worst team in the league at the moment, but at least some things have been going right. 'Fudd' Martinez struggled during his first week in Toyama but rebounded with 8 hits and a 6 game hit streak this sim which included 2 triples. He's still not very happy with the trade but the playing time should certainly be a plus. The Wind Dancers continue to lead the league in Bullpen ERA (1.73) and Stolen Bases (49), but we expectedly lost Tadamasa Hashimoto for the season with partially torn UCL. His contract has been heavy for a while now but with a vesting option coming next year, this injury marks the end of his plagued 7 seasons in Toyama.

Down in the minors, winter ball attendee Daichi Chishu (AA) has been electric sporting a 1.60 ERA, 1.0 BB/9, and a hefty 1.7 WAR in 7 starts. The former 3rd rounder in 2026 could actually end up a decent rotation option is he keep this trajectory and stays healthy. 1B Fransisco Alejandrez (A) is also on fire hitting .345/.446 in 15 games, but at only 20 it's hard to call him up. Beppu City (23-9) and Takaoka (8-7) are both sitting at the top of their divisions and Yokohama (18-14) is currently 2nd. So at least the future is looking bright.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#81 Post by MikeB »

When it comes to flash in the pans, Mike Rose - a HR in each of his first seven games. Last 30 games: 2 doubles, 1 triple. I am sensing he is turning into a trivia question.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#82 Post by Reg »

Welp ... turns out this might be an expensive off-season signing....

Valentim Ornelas, just 6 starts into his 5-year/$50 million tenure as a Trendsetter, suffers a pretty severe elbow injury, and is out until at least early-2029 :-o

The rest of the pitching staff pulled through and got the team the win vs. Hartford that day, but this leaves a big hole in our rotation.

Taking his place will most likely be Rocky Medina, who has been effective as a reliever so far this year. The 2022 New Orleans first-round pick is a relative newcomer to PEBA, having only made his major league debut a year ago, and has only 7 big-league starts to his name so far.

A 6-game home-at-home set versus London is on the cards this week. Despite being ravaged by injuries, London has put up a good fight so far this year, hanging in there with a 13-19 record. We expect a tough week!
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#83 Post by Reg »

Coqui wrote:When it comes to flash in the pans, Mike Rose - a HR in each of his first seven games. Last 30 games: 2 doubles, 1 triple. I am sensing he is turning into a trivia question.
Let's hope he doesn't just turn into that trivia question! That was one of the most beastly weeks in PEBA history! Surely he can recover some of that again.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#84 Post by Lions »

Coqui wrote:When it comes to flash in the pans, Mike Rose - a HR in each of his first seven games. Last 30 games: 2 doubles, 1 triple. I am sensing he is turning into a trivia question.
Who holds the longest consecutive games Home Run streak in the Imperial League? Mike Rose
Who holds the longest consecutive games Home Run streak in the PEBA? Alex Bothwell

In 2026, Bothwell homered in 8 consecutive games between July 31 and August 8.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#85 Post by Borealis »

I bet 3 of those 8 were against Aurora...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#86 Post by Fishermen »

Another winning sim (just), note to team - must stop giving up early three/four spot leads in the opening innings; you can't pull them all back. Two pitching injuries, most severe to Harpoon Ace Zambrano but thankfully only for a month, 38-yr-old Garcia will have to spend next week battling his sore elbow. He did all right with it in his last game last week.

Not impressed to have lost the final game of the week thanks to seven runs conceded in the top of the 10th
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#87 Post by Denny »

So I failed to do my export last sim and the Codgers took 3 out of 4 games in Aurora 8-o Does this team do better without my direction!? :-[

We'll see, as I have gone ahead and done my export for the coming sim... :angelic-green:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#88 Post by Borealis »

For a week that had the Borealis playing from amongst the worst to the best, the Neat and Not So was quite... quite...
- A trip to Canton is always a tricky one, and losing the opener 3-1 was proof of that concept - especially when 2019 2nd rounder Orlando Garcia held the Borealis to just 2-hits! Harder still, was 'Terror' Diaz holding the Longshoremen to just 3-hits in his 7 IP - but coupled with 3 BB, gave Canton all their runs by the time the second inning finished... Not So Neat...
- Carlos Rivera made his second Season debut - his first lasted all of 1-out, as he came off the rehab assignment at AAA, and although he gave up 7 H and 3 BB, he was effective enough to give up just 2 R in his 4.2 IP - and earn another start. Meanwhile, former-Aurora farmhand, Ray Graham (who has had a very nice career for himself) would take the loss as Zamora's double and Britt's homer would be key hits...
- Moving ahead - the definition of Not So Neat at all, is scoring 11 runs on 17 hits and losing - especially when you have an 11-4 lead. That's how the Aurora-Shin Seiki series began - a series that was one that had a little bit of every thing - Slug fest (both teams homered 3 times), the 14-inning nail-biter (the slumping Ricardo Zamora's lead-off homer in the 14th - 6th of the season, but first since 4/16, was the game winner), and the eternal pitchers duel ('Chief' and the 'tall as hell' Mario Barrios equally tough), as a 2nd inning run holds up for the Evil Evas... Winning a game on the road against the streaking Evil Evas is a plus - so we'll just call an 18-16 series final score a Neat...
- Paul Carlisle, 7-21, 6 R, 3 HR, 7 RBI definitely gets the Uber-Neat Award for the week...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#89 Post by Borealis »

OH!!! And maybe Neatest of all was out-homering the opponents (and Shin Seiki 4-3) 8-3 on the week - I think it's been a long time since I could last say that! The addition of the two power-hitting rookies certainly has helped some toward kicking Aurora out of the SL Power Cellar...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#90 Post by Denny »

Codgers wrote:So I failed to do my export last sim and the Codgers took 3 out of 4 games in Aurora 8-o Does this team do better without my direction!? :-[

We'll see, as I have gone ahead and done my export for the coming sim... :angelic-green:
So this question was answered conclusively, as the Codgers under my guidance went 0-6 that sim :-x

So for this past sim, I made only the most minimal changes....and Palm Springs won all 7 games! I guess GM inattention must be our strategy going forward :-B
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”