Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2028, Season 22

Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2028, Season 22

#286 Post by Arroyos »

Badgers wrote:I have 7 guys up for FA who qualify for compensation offers. Even all together, they're not worth the $15.1 qualifying offer!
I'm fortunate to have only 2 guys who qualify, but I wouldn't pay either one of them more than $1M to pitch next season. I'm hoping they'll get contracts elsewhere and leave Yuma forever!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#287 Post by Borealis »

Ok... it may not be neat - but I got ahead of myself - Arbitration Hearings will be Monday, 5/13...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#288 Post by Lions »

The Canton Longshoremen finished 6.5 games out of 1st place this year. That's the closest they've ever finished! After finishing 7.5 games out last year, they've now got two seasons of finishing within 10 games of 1st place. That's not something you can say for San Antonio or Kalamazoo. Or even Palm Springs, despite them making the playoffs 6 times. The only time Yuma finished within 10 games of 1st place, they won their division. If you want to talk about short time teams, then Tempe falls into the same category.

So... congrats to Canton on the long slow march!

Postseason Trivia Time!
I've spoilered the answers below, so make a guess and assume any posts after this one may contain answers.

Each of the following teams have a different number of postseason appearances. Can you put them in the right order?

- Arlington, Bakersfield, Canton, Crystal Lake, Duluth, Fargo, Florida, Kalamazoo, Palm Springs, Reno, West Virginia

0 - Canton
2 - Kalamazoo
4 - Reno
5 - Fargo
6 - Palm Springs
7 - Duluth
8 - West Virginia
12 - Arlington
16 - Bakersfield
18 - Florida
19 - Crystal Lake

There are currently 6 teams that have now made exactly 8 postseason appearances in the PEBA. Can you name them?
Hint: Only half of them played in all of PEBA's 22 seasons.

Charleston, Kentucky, London, New Jersey, Shin-Seiki, West Virginia

Rob Raines hit 6 home runs in the 2028 postseason. There are 4 players who've hit more in a single postseason. Three of them came this decade. Can you name any of them?

7 - Sok-man Yi - 2010 - CL
8 - Danny Burton - 2025 - FLA
7 - Andres Hernandez - 2027 - SS
7 - Don Mercer - 2028 - SCO

Leonard Carver won 6 games in the 2018 postseason. Markus Hancock won 22 in his career. This year, three players won 3 games. Can you name them?

FAR's Noboru Imai, WV's Clayton Lewis, and SCO's Allen Guthrie

How many times did Markus Hancock win more than 3 games in a postseason? Once - in 2013 with Tempe

This year's Bureaucrats made the postseason with just 84 wins on the year. Only two teams have ever made it with fewer victories. Can you name the SL team that made it with a .500 record?

Duluth - 2022

The player with the most All-Star appareances without making the postseason and the player with the most games played without appearing in the postseason both played for New Orleans. They were even All-Stars in the same season when the team won less than 70 games. Can you name them?

Dave Nash and James Heard
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#289 Post by Borealis »

Awesome Trivia!!

I had #1 mostly right - had a couple of flip-flops... Got the Markus Hancock 3 win one, too...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#290 Post by Denny »

Very pleased to get Roberto Carrión signed on the salmon-and-green dotted line. I don't know if any other teams were in on him or not, but he was our top target. The plan is to put him in the rotation despite his having just two pitches, a la Xavier González last year.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#291 Post by Alleghenies »

Codgers wrote:Very pleased to get Roberto Carrión signed on the salmon-and-green dotted line. I don't know if any other teams were in on him or not, but he was our top target. The plan is to put him in the rotation despite his having just two pitches, a la Xavier González last year.
He was on my radar. Nice signing.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#292 Post by Vic »

He was on the Scottish radar, too. We made an offer, but wasn’t attractive enough, obviously. Well done!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#293 Post by Denny »

Thanks guys....you have validated my GM instincts :geek:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#294 Post by Borealis »

Here's something Neat - we are done with the short sims!! If things run as planned, there will be no more short sims until we reach the Draft (tentatively scheduled for the end of July)!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”