Migration to v19

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Migration to v19

#46 Post by Wind Dancers »

Zephyrs wrote:What is really weird is that peba1 doesn't exist on my pc. It shows up in game but I cannot locate it anywhere. When I click on "open folder" in the load screen, it says ootp saved games peba1 is unavailable.
Yea that's odd. Go to the OOTP start screen, click Settings>Open folder containing saved games. That should be the main save location for all of your games. Feel free to screenshot it or something and I can take a look.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#47 Post by Zephyrs »

Here are the screenshots:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#48 Post by Wind Dancers »

Odd, I would probably recommend making a copy of that folder with the league in it, then completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Then put that folder back in.

I'm not sure where else it would be pulling saved data from. And in fact, that "New Game" doesn't show up either, which I'd assume is a single player game. Do you own the game as a standalone or through Steam?
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#49 Post by Zephyrs »

stand alone
Joined September 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#50 Post by Wind Dancers »

There's not a ton else I can think of to do, but try these separately:

1. Manually create a PEBA.lg file in the ootp19 saved games folder and try importing the 18 version again to "PEBA" just to see what will happen. If that doesn't work, you can always try to delete that folder and see if it lets you import.

2. Check around outside of the saved_games file. Make sure there isn't a PEBA folder sitting around the main directory where saved_games is.

3. Try importing it again and giving it a different name (PEBA2?) and see if that shows up.

Make sure you save or write down the exact error you get when things don't work.

I can't think of any other way of fixing it other than a fresh re-install to reset your directory.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#51 Post by Borealis »

Man... this is certainly a drag - I'm sorry it's been so difficult, Scott. Thanks Dylan for helping troubleshoot this!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#52 Post by Zephyrs »

I finally got everything to work!

Thank you Mike and Dylan for your help. I had to delete and reinstall the game.

Now I can enjoy looking over my roster and hoping none of my players cratered in talent. But then again, there wasn't a ton of talent to begin with.
Joined September 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#53 Post by Wind Dancers »

Zephyrs wrote:I finally got everything to work!

Thank you Mike and Dylan for your help. I had to delete and reinstall the game.

Now I can enjoy looking over my roster and hoping none of my players cratered in talent. But then again, there wasn't a ton of talent to begin with.
When all else fails, a reinstall usually fixes it!

There were definitely some visual rating changes because of how OOTP 19 formulas look at certain abilities. None of the behind-the-scenes ratings changed, just how they are viewed.

I will add as a note to everyone. Though I do not look at stars (generally not the greatest measurement of accuracy) OOTP did change how they work a bit. In 18, pitchers were rated in comparison to ALL pitchers in the league. In 19, those ratings are compared to Starters and Relievers separately. So now the stars will properly show the difference between a 5 star and 2.5 star closer for example. You will also see starting pitching star ratings go down as they are no longer being compared to "inferior" relief pitchers.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#54 Post by Borealis »

That's great news Scott!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#55 Post by Denny »

Both the Codgers and their puppet franchise Amsterdam have successfully exported in OOTP19! :clap: Glad everyone else's problems so far have been ironed out.
Wind Dancers wrote:I will add as a note to everyone. Though I do not look at stars (generally not the greatest measurement of accuracy) OOTP did change how they work a bit. In 18, pitchers were rated in comparison to ALL pitchers in the league. In 19, those ratings are compared to Starters and Relievers separately. So now the stars will properly show the difference between a 5 star and 2.5 star closer for example. You will also see starting pitching star ratings go down as they are no longer being compared to "inferior" relief pitchers.
Thanks for mentioning this. I was puzzling over the drop in stars of Palm Springs' big FA signing Xavier Gonzales....in addition to only comparing against other starters, I bet the new starter formula dings guys who have just two pitches and/or low Stamina.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#56 Post by Akira »

Zephyrs wrote:Here are the screenshots:
Glad you got it working. Looking at your screen shots it seems you were looking at the wrong folder. It is under the "Documents' folder, not the C:/Program files folder.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#57 Post by Zephyrs »

Akira wrote:
Glad you got it working. Looking at your screen shots it seems you were looking at the wrong folder. It is under the "Documents' folder, not the C:/Program files folder.
OOTP18 was in Documents, OOTP19 is in Program Files. I have no idea why they switched.
Joined September 2010
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#58 Post by Akira »

Zephyrs wrote:
Akira wrote:
OOTP18 was in Documents, OOTP19 is in Program Files. I have no idea why they switched.
There are OOTP files under Program Files, but the file that needs to be pointed to to migrate is still under Documents.

Documents > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 18 > saved_games > PEBA.lg > world.dat

The game will create a new folder there for 19.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#59 Post by Wind Dancers »

Not necessarily. While it's default location is under My Documents, OOTP occasionally has a habit of not using that location. For example, my OOTP 19 files are on my 2TB data drive instead of my SSD where My Documents is. On the other hand, my 18 files WERE under My Documents.

It all depends on where your file was first installed, in this case, his was just listed under Program Files instead of My Documents. There is/was a big with 19 that caused this to occasionally happened on install.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#60 Post by Reg »

Finally got my copy of v19 set up.

When I try to export, I get this message :

Anyone know what might be causing this?
Admittedly, I haven't exported in a while...
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”