Migration to v19

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Migration to v19

#31 Post by Reg »

I still have v18 installed. I can try and zip a fresh PEBA.lg v18 file this evening (1 sim or so behind) and make it available.

Then it's just a matter of importing to v19, and 'download latest league file' to bump up to the latest sim.

Stay tuned.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Borealis »

I am trying to upload a zipped version of the full PEBA.lg folder - it's a bit big (1.5 GB), but it has updated caps, logos and jerseys - I have gone through and deleted all the useless files for teams like Chicago College... Definitely trimmed a LOT of fat from those folders. I will also upload later zips of those folders, too... Will be working on the ballpark issue over the weekend...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Borealis »

After a 30"+ upload to the same location that is pointed to by the old link in the forum header, it doesn't seem to want to DL - IDK... Kinda over my head there... So I'm uploading to a Google drive, for now - that helped some (Greg? Patrick?) previously...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by Borealis »

OK Scott... Try this link - it'll be a lengthy DL (30"?), but I hope this works for you (and others who are having difficulties)...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lil7_ ... xZ0PihShcr

Fingers Crossed...
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#35 Post by Zephyrs »

Ughhh! Downloaded,extracted and nothing there.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by Borealis »

Zephyrs wrote:Ughhh! Downloaded,extracted and nothing there.
Nothing? It took half an hour... there better be something there... :-o

I'll try myself to work backwards...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by Borealis »

I'm unsure to what went wrong for you, Scott. I just DL'd it from the link I posted upstream and named it 'test.lg' and it started right up with no problem - including carrying over the small changes to the International feeder leagues...

Aside from trying again, maybe Dylan might have some ideas - or if your v18 won't import into v19, maybe wait for Reg to load a new copy of v18 and try from scratch...

Otherwise, I fall back on the 'is your computer plugged in?' level of trouble shooting - what version are you using? Did you follow the directions listed below?
Commish Mike wrote:Be sure to follow these instructions:

Open OOTP 19 and near the bottom is "Import OOTP 18 Game". It will pop up with the (clumsy) screen to select the OOTP 18/PEBA 'world.dat' file. You'll be asked to name your 'new game' - call it PEBA and away you go. It took awhile, but it seemed to work fine. You can then import the updated file as usual.
I'm sorry you're having difficulties - We'll figure it out, that's why we've set aside the time to be able to iron out these issues.
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#38 Post by Wind Dancers »

Delete any PEBA files you may have moved into 19. Then try to troubleshoot where you are having the problem.

1. Try importing in 19 again, and make sure the file you select is the World.dat file in the PEBA folder, and make sure it's from OOTP 18.

2. If that doesn't work, go into 18, and download the latest file there. THEN, try to import into 19 again.

3. If those don't work, I am zipping my file right now and will post it here and probably at the top of the homepage. It looks like Michael's file was missing a lot of interior folders so I'm going to package the entire thing. It's going to be huge, but it should be updated.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by Borealis »

Wind Dancers wrote:Delete any PEBA files you may have moved into 19. Then try to troubleshoot where you are having the problem.

1. Try importing in 19 again, and make sure the file you select is the World.dat file in the PEBA folder, and make sure it's from OOTP 18.

2. If that doesn't work, go into 18, and download the latest file there. THEN, try to import into 19 again.

3. If those don't work, I am zipping my file right now and will post it here and probably at the top of the homepage. It looks like Michael's file was missing a lot of interior folders so I'm going to package the entire thing. It's going to be huge, but it should be updated.
What folders were I missing? I zipped the PEBA.lg folder, so if there’s things I’m missing, then we have problems... :-o
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#40 Post by Zephyrs »

I may be having extracting issues. I am not getting all the files when I extract Mike's zip files I get error messages and very few files show up. I also somehow corrupted my OOTP18 file. I am going to try and manually download a new 18 file and then work on importing through 19 again.

Is the homepage file for 18 or 19?
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Borealis »

That should be 18...
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#42 Post by Wind Dancers »

Alright, here is a FULL league file ready to be extracted into the 19 saved games folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ojCh_ ... sp=sharing

As for extracting, I highly recommend downloading 7zip and using that as opposed to just using the default windows extract. https://www.7-zip.org/

It's a big file so it may take a bit of time to extract.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#43 Post by Zephyrs »

I must be doing something wrong but I am at a total loss.

I downloaded Dylan's file and it is the same as Mike's. Nothing shows up after extracting. I am using 7 zip. I get a bunch of cannot locate file errors when extracting.

I downloaded a new OOTP 18 file and then imported from 19. It kept telling me the name PEBA already exists despite deleting it from my saved games folder. I told it to import to peba1 and it worked. Only now the game date is May 24, 2027 and it says "error: could not open archive file" when I try to download from withing the game. What is ever stranger is that I cannot find a peba1.lg folder in saved games but it shows up when I open OOTP19.
Joined September 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#44 Post by Wind Dancers »

Zephyrs wrote:I must be doing something wrong but I am at a total loss.

I downloaded Dylan's file and it is the same as Mike's. Nothing shows up after extracting. I am using 7 zip. I get a bunch of cannot locate file errors when extracting.

I downloaded a new OOTP 18 file and then imported from 19. It kept telling me the name PEBA already exists despite deleting it from my saved games folder. I told it to import to peba1 and it worked. Only now the game date is May 24, 2027 and it says "error: could not open archive file" when I try to download from withing the game. What is ever stranger is that I cannot find a peba1.lg folder in saved games but it shows up when I open OOTP19.
Just to clarify, you deleted all of the PEBA files from 19 correct? If it's saying that folder already exists, there may be a lingering file somewhere. Also, make sure the league isn't doubled up in a file. Sometimes when you extract/import, it will set up the file like PEBA.lg>PEBA.lg>Files.
You want to make sure it's set up as PEBA.lg>files or it won't show up in saved games.

The old file you downloaded, has the old Accounts file in it, which doesn't have the updated FTP info to download the file. I've attached our new file to bottom of this post, paste this in the settings folder of the league file and you should be able to download. Naming it peba1 won't actually affect the league itself, just it's naming on your computer. After you add that file, you should be able to download and get caught up.

I would search around your 19 saves_games folder to try to find and delete that lingering PEBA.lg file. Once that is gone, you should be able to rename the "peba1" file.

Account File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M7i-LJ ... sp=sharing (Don't need to extract)
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#45 Post by Zephyrs »

What is really weird is that peba1 doesn't exist on my pc. It shows up in game but I cannot locate it anywhere. When I click on "open folder" in the load screen, it says ootp saved games peba1 is unavailable.
Joined September 2010

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”