Playoff Roster

Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Playoff Roster

#16 Post by Morris Ragland »

Yes, we can give playoff teams waiver exemptions.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Borealis »

Commish wrote:We can work around it. I can give them all food poisoning, which will allow you to shift them to the playoff DL. They would not be eligible until the next series (technically), but we can dodge that too if we have to.

Suffice it to say, these are not circumstances I had foreseen.
But is this a wise move? It's documented that 'injury time' is a cumulative thing, and can we conclusively say that 'making a player sick/injured' won't have a long-term effect? I really don't understand the rationale behind ditching playoff rosters to begin with? They are there for a reason, and most of our 'potential playoff' teams are run by long-standing GMs...

And speaking of long-standing GMs, was there an attempt to contact Duane before using the nuclear option on his team? Was it really necessary for the sake of moving forward to totally disrupt a playoff team's roster like that? I know I'd be pretty angry, and I'm sure there are others here who'd have felt the same way... it's not like KTY is an orphan team. Duane is one of our two longest tenured guys - nearly from PEBA Day 1, and he certainly deserves a bit more respect.

I hate being like that, but at a time where we are struggling, member-wise, we should not be ignoring the needs of our longstanding members. I truly appreciate the hard work that goes into running the league - I know I would flounder miserably, so I am greatly appreciative.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#18 Post by Alleghenies »

Borealis wrote:
Commish wrote:We can work around it. I can give them all food poisoning, which will allow you to shift them to the playoff DL. They would not be eligible until the next series (technically), but we can dodge that too if we have to.

Suffice it to say, these are not circumstances I had foreseen.
But is this a wise move? It's documented that 'injury time' is a cumulative thing, and can we conclusively say that 'making a player sick/injured' won't have a long-term effect? I really don't understand the rationale behind ditching playoff rosters to begin with? They are there for a reason, and most of our 'potential playoff' teams are run by long-standing GMs...

And speaking of long-standing GMs, was there an attempt to contact Duane before using the nuclear option on his team? Was it really necessary for the sake of moving forward to totally disrupt a playoff team's roster like that? I know I'd be pretty angry, and I'm sure there are others here who'd have felt the same way... it's not like KTY is an orphan team. Duane is one of our two longest tenured guys - nearly from PEBA Day 1, and he certainly deserves a bit more respect.

I hate being like that, but at a time where we are struggling, member-wise, we should not be ignoring the needs of our longstanding members. I truly appreciate the hard work that goes into running the league - I know I would flounder miserably, so I am greatly appreciative.

I agree with you on this. Also you make a very valid point about Long term effect on injuries. As you can see my post from earlier.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Denny »

I wouldn't have a problem with the new playoff roster rules if they had been announced previously, so that everyone knows up front. Sounds like in this case either it never got announced, or some people missed it--I know that I personally was not aware the rules had changed.

The one thing I dislike most in PEBA (and I think many other owners feel similarly) is surprises--changes being made or decisions taken without letting everyone know in advance. Sometimes it can't be avoided, but it's something I think we should strive to minimize as much as possible.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#20 Post by Alleghenies »

Any update?
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”