The Planetary Extreme Baseball Alliance Forums
http://pebabaseball.com/boards/

Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21
http://pebabaseball.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10518
Page 10 of 22

Author:  Zephyrs [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Leones wrote:
I'm also not able to get the latest league file. Get the no new file is available message.


Same

Author:  Borealis [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

To roll back to the draft pick conversation, and the 'fear' over selecting Impossible guys - our #1 pick, pitcher Miguel Torres, who wanted $1.12M, we offered $1.3M, knowing he really wouldn't take $1.12M and those Impossible guys usually give you one shot - and he accepted! My experience is Impossible guys aren't really all that impossible...

Author:  Leones [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Leones wrote:
I'm also not able to get the latest league file. Get the no new file is available message.


Works fine now. Thanks!

Author:  Longshoremen [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Are the Longshoremen contenders? It's late June, and at present we are tied for the last wild card spot and a game out of the lead in the Great Lakes Division. That's pretty heady stuff for a franchise that has never made the playoffs in its history and that has only finished with a winning record once and with a .500 record one other time.

:shock:

Author:  Bulldozers [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

The mood in the Yuma front office was buoyed this week by exciting news from Kivalina, where this year's #1 draft pick, Joe Arnold, threw a PERFECT GAME in his first professional start!

To top off the good news, five days later this year's #30 pick, Josh Cheney, threw a shutout!

Author:  Wind Dancers [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Any chance of getting a Statslab update for All-Star voting? The game is coming up next week and I don't want to miss out on a month of games for voting.

Author:  Zephyrs [ Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Borealis wrote:
My experience is Impossible guys aren't really all that impossible...


I have to wonder if this applies to historically bad teams as well.

Author:  Codgers [ Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Zephyrs wrote:
Borealis wrote:
My experience is Impossible guys aren't really all that impossible...


I have to wonder if this applies to historically bad teams as well.
Hard to know....I'm sure players' enthusiasm varies for different teams.

Author:  Borealis [ Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Codgers wrote:
Zephyrs wrote:
Borealis wrote:
My experience is Impossible guys aren't really all that impossible...

I have to wonder if this applies to historically bad teams as well.
Hard to know....I'm sure players' enthusiasm varies for different teams.

We shall see... The two guys I've signed already didn't need much above their ask - past Impossible guys would have said no to those kinds offers - so who knows. I have one last draftee - a HS kid, who's Impossible, I waited until I signed the others first before making him an offer, so now he has an 'Ask offer' - what he wants ($2.8M, well above slot). I haven't sweetened the offer - if he walks, oh well, he was a 2nd rounder, so there's always comp next year...

Author:  Bulldozers [ Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Zephyrs wrote:
Borealis wrote:
My experience is Impossible guys aren't really all that impossible...


I have to wonder if this applies to historically bad teams as well.

That's always been Yuma's experience. We've signed every player we made an offer to just by matching or exceeding their requests. Even the ones who claimed to be "impossible."

Author:  Borealis [ Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

What's Neater than a 7-0 week, including a 3-game sweep at Canton - a place we probably have been swept more than have swept? Mike Britt's 300th career HR, that's what!!! and to top it off, that homer was also his 1,000 RBI!!! Both are good enough for 17th on the All-Time PEBA list...

As we near the mid-point of the season, are we going to have three teams from the Rising Sun in the playoffs? Could be...

Down on the Farm
2027 Top pick, SP Miguel Torres made his first start a solid one, with 8, 2-hit innings with 12 K (1 BB) v. Atsumi... Neat!! 3rd rounder Tim Wilson is 2-0 in his 2 GS, 15.2 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 11 K... but his 7 BB keep it from being Neat - just neat... 2nd rounder C Yato Shirane is off to a quick start with a .341/.451/.512, with more walks than strikeouts - as a matter of fact, he already has as many walks as he had all college season... Neat!! And, just for fun, 8th rounder Chris Ferguson is 1-0, 18 IP, 14 H, 3 R, 25 K, 9 BB in 3 GS... That's not too shabby...

The lone 'Impossible' draftee has yet to decide on his 'ask' offer...

Author:  Wind Dancers [ Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Toyama continues to stagnate and inches closer and closer to an actual rebuild.

Jose Escobido has returned to the lineup after missing 8 weeks with shoulder inflammation. Coming with him is once-upon-a-time starter Tadamasa 'Six Pack' Hashimoto. Six Pack has struggled heavily with injuries over the past 3 season, his most recent being a partially torn labrum. After spending sometime rehabbing in Yokohama, Hashimoto and his $18,000,000 contract are being given a shot in the pen where the reduced workload could help him stay healthy.

The highlight of this past sim is rookie Ramiro Salinas stealing 4 bases in a single game against Kalamazoo. Unfortunately, we lost our starting SS Edison Terry for 6 weeks with a partially torn labrum.

Author:  Sandgnats [ Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Riddled with injuries and my awesome bullpen from last year is tanking it this year. Just glad to see the rest of the Great Lakes Division is keeping pace with our below average June. Hopefully after the break I will have some key players back from the DL. This has been a very interesting season so far.

Author:  Warriors [ Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

After a nervous first half, we are at the top, not sure for how long. Schneider is doing amazing again and glad as Mercer is injured. He is on pace for better year than last year. Hope we can pick up the ace on pitching and do better.

Author:  Wind Dancers [ Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Wind Dancers wrote:
Toyama continues to stagnate and inches closer and closer to an actual rebuild.

Jose Escobido has returned to the lineup after missing 8 weeks with shoulder inflammation. Coming with him is once-upon-a-time starter Tadamasa 'Six Pack' Hashimoto. Six Pack has struggled heavily with injuries over the past 3 season, his most recent being a partially torn labrum. After spending sometime rehabbing in Yokohama, Hashimoto and his $18,000,000 contract are being given a shot in the pen where the reduced workload could help him stay healthy.

The highlight of this past sim is rookie Ramiro Salinas stealing 4 bases in a single game against Kalamazoo. Unfortunately, we lost our starting SS Edison Terry for 6 weeks with a partially torn labrum.

Right on cue, Hashimoto pitches 2/3 of an inning after his return from his rehab assignment and he goes down for 2-3 months with elbow inflammation. He just cannot catch a break and I cannot cut him until the end of next season. Toyama hasn't actually been too bad despite sitting in 4th in a very tough Rising Run division.

Page 10 of 22 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/