Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

#301 Post by Duane »

anyone hear anything????
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#302 Post by kiersteadmo »

Gents,

The deafening silence is not a good thing and I think we need communication or people will just move on....
Mark Kierstead II
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#303 Post by Denny »

I doubt very much that the league is "dead". We just had a well-attended Winter Meetings not long ago, and the Commish was discussing ideas for realignment with us--not the sign of a moribund league. Although the lack of communication is a bit frustrating, let's not give up on anything just yet.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#304 Post by Arroyos »

Down here in Yuma, we call this Nap Time. The desert winds blow cold, the tumbleweeds tumble and we stay huddled in our trailers with the heaters on high, sipping Cuba Libres. Is spring here yet?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#305 Post by Evas »

I'm starting to get concerned.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#306 Post by Borealis »

Simple 'Head's Up' messages, with a brief description of what's going on would be so helpful, and calm the fears of the group. I know life gets in the way for all of us, but I am perplexed by how seemingly difficult it seems to be to communicate regarding delays - I'd rather hear 4 times in a week the reason for a delay, than silence. 30 seconds on a cell phone is about all it would take...

As far as our being 'dead', I don't think we are there. It seems like we need someone who can either, a) sim when the commish can't, or b) more efficiently trouble-shoot the problems that crop up. I have neither the experience in 'a)' nor the confidence in 'b)', but at this point I would consider learning.

Our League File has had a lot of hands on it by now, and I'm pretty sure that many of the 'annoying' problems (like League History confusions) have come from that fact.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#307 Post by Wind Dancers »

Borealis wrote:Simple 'Head's Up' messages, with a brief description of what's going on would be so helpful, and calm the fears of the group. I know life gets in the way for all of us, but I am perplexed by how seemingly difficult it seems to be to communicate regarding delays - I'd rather hear 4 times in a week the reason for a delay, than silence. 30 seconds on a cell phone is about all it would take...

As far as our being 'dead', I don't think we are there. It seems like we need someone who can either, a) sim when the commish can't, or b) more efficiently trouble-shoot the problems that crop up. I have neither the experience in 'a)' nor the confidence in 'b)', but at this point I would consider learning.

Our League File has had a lot of hands on it by now, and I'm pretty sure that many of the 'annoying' problems (like League History confusions) have come from that fact.
The problem is, we have talked about delegating roles to people for a while now but nothing has ever been done. It sucks that we have been talking about what to do with the open teams but in reality, we haven't had a good recruiting effort in a long time. I completely agree that real life always comes first, but we have a few GM's here that have volunteered to help out with a lot of the work and nothing has been done. Simming, uploading, and updating reports/statslab is (I do it all in another league) it can just be a little time consuming especially with a big file.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#308 Post by Evas »

Well, thank you for everything Morris. You've done a ton for PEBA. Hopefully some time and less burden will see you head back our way again.

So where do we go from here?
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#309 Post by Borealis »

Well... it seems as if someone needs to step up to the plate, if our league is to survive - and in a 'full circle' kind of a way, I'll give it a shot - as long as no one else with a better grasp of the process wants to. I'd need lots of help and understanding - but if you are reading this, then I'm guessing you are as invested in the League as I am. I would be the definition of Newbie, but like many of us, I don't want to see this die. Not without a fight, anyway... if Morris can get us through the CP/Rule 5 date (maybe even to the preseason date), I'm sure that would be helpful.

I believe that at some point, a Commish 'to do' list had been developed, to guide one through the year. If that could be passed this way, that would be a great help. There are also chores that (as Dylan mentioned earlier today(?)) we'll all need to share. And, of course, many other things...

Let's discuss transition - no matter which direction it takes...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#310 Post by Wind Dancers »

If you wanted to take the leadership role Michael id be glad to assist you. I co-run another league and have a good grasp on a lot of the technical items and such. I’m also experienced with the website/statslab portion of the league (transitioning to StatsPlus may not be a bad idea). I think its important to get full access to all PEBA properties to we can start recruiting and getting new GMs in.

Also, big thanks to Morris for running things. It can be draining running a league and taking some time away from the league can be refreshing. Hopefully we will see you back even if it’s just to check in.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#311 Post by Borealis »

Thanks Dylan - those things would be an awesome help!! I know a few of us are also in the WBH, and as great as StatsLab is (and I don't know what's messing us up there), StatsPlus is very good - especially from a draft perspective.
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#312 Post by Arroyos »

WAIT! Some of you got a message from Morris? I didn’t. Is it posted somewhere?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#313 Post by Wind Dancers »

Bulldozers wrote:WAIT! Some of you got a message from Morris? I didn’t. Is it posted somewhere?
He posted in the announcements section of the forum.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#314 Post by Akira »

Thanks for the response Morris and for all you've done. You got us through a rough patch. Michael, we'll help in any way we can even if it's with our patience. Thanks for stepping up.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#315 Post by Alleghenies »

Morris,

Thanks for everything. You did a great job and I hope that things settle for you and you get some Morris Time.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”