#91 Post by kiersteadmo »

Yeah, I did have it but I delete messages/emails after I read them :evil:
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

#92 Post by Borealis »

Warriors wrote:Yeah, I did have it but I delete messages/emails after I read them :evil:
Hey Kevin!!! I found it and sent a link to your aol account you've listed in StatsLab... You'll have to update in game - but it's the best I can do...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#93 Post by Coqui »

I will put up a trade post, but the Longshoremen would be open to trading the #3 overall pick. We are not interested in moving down for more picks. We would be interested in good, cost-controlled young hitters, and/or in getting a high (or multiple low) first round picks in future drafts.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#94 Post by Morris Ragland »

Evas wrote:Sorry to pester - but any chance we could get that league file updated?

I'm dead in the water.
What's happening when you try to update in-game?

Announcement Center link now leads to the May 24th, 2027 league file.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#95 Post by Evas »

Commish wrote:
Evas wrote:Sorry to pester - but any chance we could get that league file updated?

I'm dead in the water.
What's happening when you try to update in-game?

Announcement Center link now leads to the May 24th, 2027 league file.
I am back up and running now thanks to Mr. Topham.

For the record, when I tried to update in game using the Jan 4th file it said I had the latest file.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#96 Post by Borealis »

Good to hear Kevin!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#97 Post by Borealis »

Well, thanks to Dylan for updating me on Aurora's status and Morris for making the needed changes, Aurora is back up and running - Thanks Guys for your help!!

The Borealis are following their traditional script - an ok April (14-10) followed by a strong May (18-4 thus far), highlighted by a current 7-game win streak that included a 4-game sweep at YUM! that included a 15-inning win.

Aurora is currently sitting in an offensive range they are not used to - 8th in runs scored and 6th in average. The early season injuries to Pope - who had all of 7 AB before he hit the DL, Flores (missed 4 weeks) and Carlisle (he'll miss three weeks before returning) have forced the bench to step up. While Lawrence Justice continues to show his value off the bench (he's hitting .314 in 121 AB), CF Nick Heath (.209), former #1 'Fudd' Martinez (.188), and Yorie Yamasaki (.185) have stymied the offense. Pope took a week at AAA, hit .364, and will be back this week. The infield has been, partially just as inept as Loetzsch and Boswell are a combined .214.

At least Britt (.287, 8 HR, 29 RBI), Ferringo (.327, 13 SB) and Flores (.333, 6 HR) are pulling their weight.

Pitching is literally dragging this team along as they've given up the fewest runs with the starters (#2) and relievers (#1) heading the ERA class. 'Tugboat' was shifted to the DL with a back injury of indeterminate length. Edgardo Diaz, who held the short straw after spring training and the 'Chief' signing, has filled in for an injured Rivera (who continues to struggle) and now for 'Tugboat', is 4-0 with a 1.31 in 5 starts - 25 K, 7 BB in 34 IP - and only 1 HR; Rivera has coughed up 8 in 23 innings - and a bullpen spot in his near future... barring Randy Smith's return... Though swingman Tomas Moya - who got an emergency start this past week to extend the rotation and keep folks in rotation spot - held Bakersfield to a run on 4 hits over 6.1 IP...

What's on Tap:
Aurora brings their streak home to The Front Range against the 'Gnats and Dinos. Thanks to leading the league in walks and homers, the 'Gnats lead the SL in runs - that'll be a good challenge for the Borealis rotation - with Provost, Nieves and Snow lined up. Crystal Lakes pitching numbers suggest that this should be a spirited series. Like the Borealis, Fargo's offense has struggled, but their pitching looks to have kept them more competitive thus far than their record show.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#98 Post by Borealis »

We really hate playing in Okinawa... Shia always give us fits in Japan...
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#99 Post by Leones »

Well that's annoying... after updating the league file and starting work on signing draftees the list show the last two guys are impossible to sign. Which is weird becuase every year I deliberately weed those impossible to sign guys out of my lists. Either I missed these two or something got out of snc with the game. Nonetheless I hope they enjoy mulling over the $1 signing bonus offers. Pretty sure those guys won't be with the club anytime soon. :)
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#100 Post by Evas »

Took a few injury blows this past sim. Decided to give some kids a shot rather than look externally. Long time prospect Howard Joyce will finally make his debut next sim and Errol Landry will get another look at 2B in the bigs.

Landry will get a long look while 3B Webb is on the DL. I'm hoping he finally gets some level of traction in the majors. If he manages to OPS .700 the 2B job is his moving forward due to his glove.

Joyce is probably only up for 2-3 sims until Sadatake Sato comes back from the DL. But if Joyce makes an impact, maybe Sato spends another couple weeks rehabbing in AAA. I'd love for him to push me in to making some hard choices.

Meanwhile in AAA SP Victor Latham and RP Hideyori Tanaka are both hopping off the DL on to likely extended stays in rehab. Hopefully they both regain their form shortly. They both very much available if anyone is interested, btw...
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#101 Post by Sandgnats »

Leones wrote:Well that's annoying... after updating the league file and starting work on signing draftees the list show the last two guys are impossible to sign. Which is weird becuase every year I deliberately weed those impossible to sign guys out of my lists. Either I missed these two or something got out of snc with the game. Nonetheless I hope they enjoy mulling over the $1 signing bonus offers. Pretty sure those guys won't be with the club anytime soon. :)
I also tendered a couple $1 offers too Patrick! ;-D
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#102 Post by Akira »

Sandgnats wrote:
Leones wrote:Well that's annoying... after updating the league file and starting work on signing draftees the list show the last two guys are impossible to sign. Which is weird becuase every year I deliberately weed those impossible to sign guys out of my lists. Either I missed these two or something got out of snc with the game. Nonetheless I hope they enjoy mulling over the $1 signing bonus offers. Pretty sure those guys won't be with the club anytime soon. :)
I also tendered a couple $1 offers too Patrick! ;-D
And 1 here, after Statslab selected my last pick which of course was "impossible" to sign.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#103 Post by Leones »

After reviewing the draft list it's evident that the flub was mine. Looks like the list was filtered for pitchers only when I was making the list of impossibles. Looks like I need some new shoes. This pair has a bullet hole in 'em. !+)
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#104 Post by Alleghenies »

Ipicked the wrong weekend to get migraines. While I am cutting EVERY guy that was drafted and it won't really hurt my team, we need to do something about statslab so the picks aren't so bad. It is ridiculous how bad the picks are. A team like Reno or Yuma (not picking on you guys) who are rebuilding this would destroy their rebuilding.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#105 Post by Sandgnats »

Quietly Kevin just signed CF Jerry Long to a $99M 6 year extension. :clap:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations