Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

#211 Post by Alleghenies »

Commish wrote:Tie-break sim.

We'll advance once participating GMs have exported.
Exciting.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#212 Post by Borealis »

Super Tie-Breaker, to be exact!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#213 Post by Leones »

Is anybody else seeing Disabled List weirdness? I've got a guy [D. Henderson (NAS A)] with 0 INJ time left and 0 DL time left who the game won't me activate from the DL.. There are also nearly a dozen other guys with 0 DL time left who also can't be moved. Something is really off in our game file.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#214 Post by Borealis »

I have noticed anything Patrick - although, all my DL guys are long-term guys...

Boy... Aurora sure picked the wrong time to have possibly their worst month in our tenure - The lone bright star will be the Japanese Behemoths will have to knock each other around (seeing one wins the wild card) - not that the 'Gnat-Warrior winner will be a piece of cake for our floundering team (8-4 v. Duluth, but 5-1 of that was April/May; 7-5 v. CL)...

Losing former-Ghost Domingo Gutierrez, who was having an amazing season, certainly hurt the offense, Although 'Fido' Castro certainly did take notice during his benching and picked up the pace... Speaking of injuries: River Pope picked up in the last game a DtD that'll last 3 weeks - effect listed at minimal, but... Man...

It took a year, but the Schneider-Flores trade finally balances out, as Flores (despite his own injuries) finished the year at .320, 19 HR and 46 SB - and only 1 E and 15 assists in CF - all numbers we had hoped for when we made the trade to replace Mike Hale (now in Havana)...

Flores wins the SL Batting title by a fraction over Pedro Ferringo - both finish at .320 if you round up, but River Pope who's 438 AB aren't enough for his .349 to qualify, would still win if you add the 28 AB (to a total of 466, which Myers has) - making his average .328...

Of note, Teddy Loetzsch (a Trader Matt fave...) had 13-3B in his first four years of ML ball (in 1,043 AB), then goes psycho and sets the PEBA record - twice!, with 16 triples this year - That was something Neat for down the miserable stretch... and for the first time in 5-years, Paul Carlisle didn't hit 24-HRs...

I've my theories on the season's demise, but I'll save them for another time...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#215 Post by Morris Ragland »

Leones wrote:Is anybody else seeing Disabled List weirdness? I've got a guy [D. Henderson (NAS A)] with 0 INJ time left and 0 DL time left who the game won't me activate from the DL.. There are also nearly a dozen other guys with 0 DL time left who also can't be moved. Something is really off in our game file.
I've looked at this. It doesn't appear to be a league file issue, but a playoff roster rules issue. I believe this should clear itself up once we're beyond this tie break sim and into the playoffs proper.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#216 Post by Sandgnats »

CL exported and ready to go.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#217 Post by kiersteadmo »

exported
Mark Kierstead II
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#218 Post by Sandgnats »

We need to advance the simulation one more day so that playoff rosters can be set. Right now the number of active roster players has been dropped but there's no playoff Roster rules set... or have we forgone those rules now? Normally you should not have to waive players that were called up during the roster expansion to send them back down in order to set the playoff roster?
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#219 Post by Alleghenies »

Good luck guys in the playoffs.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#220 Post by Duane »

Commish wrote:A new league file is up on the server and is ready to be downloaded. The date is October 5, 2027.

Sim Notes:

On to the Wild Card round. We'll sim the first three games once exports from participating GMs are received.

Kentucky had to be reorganized to accommodate the dozens of players whose DFA time ran out.
This is B.S. I do not know why it was decided to advance extra days, my system was set to co incide exactly with sim cycle, 3 games left and 3 days left on DFA. RUnning the AI organize not only took care of DFA but completely F'd up my system including the active roster.

Not happy, I don't have time for this BS
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#221 Post by Wind Dancers »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Commish wrote:A new league file is up on the server and is ready to be downloaded. The date is October 5, 2027.

Sim Notes:

On to the Wild Card round. We'll sim the first three games once exports from participating GMs are received.

Kentucky had to be reorganized to accommodate the dozens of players whose DFA time ran out.
This is B.S. I do not know why it was decided to advance extra days, my system was set to co incide exactly with sim cycle, 3 games left and 3 days left on DFA. RUnning the AI organize not only took care of DFA but completely F'd up my system including the active roster.

Not happy, I don't have time for this BS
I don't believe the sim ran extra days. I think the final regular season sim was split in 2 and then there needed to be a tiebreaker sim.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#222 Post by Duane »

... and with the tiebreaker it is an extra day, not on the regular sim cycle, therefore not giving me chance to address DFA .

seriously, unless you look at the transaction log you have no idea how this killed my org - Active roster, DL, pitching staff, batting orders, everything. This is BS!!!
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#223 Post by Wind Dancers »

I understand that, but it's not like a decision was "made". A tiebreaker sim was required for seeding and for us to be able to advance into the playoffs. If you had players with 3 days left on DFA, you should've just moved them off as they would've been eligible to come off of DFA/Waivers at that point.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#224 Post by Borealis »

Wind Dancers wrote:I understand that, but it's not like a decision was "made". A tiebreaker sim was required for seeding and for us to be able to advance into the playoffs. If you had players with 3 days left on DFA, you should've just moved them off as they would've been eligible to come off of DFA/Waivers at that point.
Well, technically, two decisions were made - to run the tie break sim once all 4 GM's had exported... a decision was also made to run AI on KTY instead of (potentially) making contact with Duane. The sim, would have been held up by the transaction needs, at which point we could have waited.

Although, as I think about it, maybe a KTY export at that point (once the games were played) couldn't be imported... if so, lesson learned (?) - put an extra day in there for teams to adjust rosters??

(Although)(Although) I suppose written instructions could have been acquired, as it's starting to feel like to me that it was a lose-lose situation?
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#225 Post by Alleghenies »

Wind Dancers wrote:I understand that, but it's not like a decision was "made". A tiebreaker sim was required for seeding and for us to be able to advance into the playoffs. If you had players with 3 days left on DFA, you should've just moved them off as they would've been eligible to come off of DFA/Waivers at that point.
But it wasn't on the schedule and no real heads up notice was given. I see why KTY is mad. Maybe an email to him or the league saying we are running an extra sim by this day, please make sure all is in order for your rosters.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”