Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

#16 Post by Arroyos »

According to the predictions, the Yuma club has an outside chance of setting a new record for number of losses. Back in 2012, we had an amazing year, finishing with only 26 wins and 136 losses. I think with a little tweaking, maybe a brilliant trade or two, we could take a run at that total again.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#17 Post by Zephyrs »

Bulldozers wrote:According to the predictions, the Yuma club has an outside chance of setting a new record for number of losses. Back in 2012, we had an amazing year, finishing with only 26 wins and 136 losses. I think with a little tweaking, maybe a brilliant trade or two, we could take a run at that total again.
Reno will own Yuma in 2027! Mark it down!!!! :smile:
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Arroyos »

Zephyrs wrote:
Bulldozers wrote:According to the predictions, the Yuma club has an outside chance of setting a new record for number of losses. Back in 2012, we had an amazing year, finishing with only 26 wins and 136 losses. I think with a little tweaking, maybe a brilliant trade or two, we could take a run at that total again.
Reno will own Yuma in 2027! Mark it down!!!! :smile:
If that's the way you feel about it, Scott, why not buy my entire starting lineup for a mere 5 million plus a couple draft choices?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#19 Post by Wind Dancers »

The injuries are coming in hot & heavy with Tadamasa Hashimoto partially tearing his labrum alongside a pile of day-to-day injuries. Hashimoto sat out a little less than half of 2026 with an assortment of injuries, but this will send him to the DL for 3 months.

The good news is we have a draft pool and can begin planning!
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#20 Post by kiersteadmo »

I am really happy how Schneider has started off and the team seems to be doing really well.
Mark Kierstead II
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#21 Post by Alleghenies »

Things are moving along for WV. My team is performing as expected. Hoping to make a trade or 2 soon as I have too many SP and utility IF's.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#22 Post by Wind Dancers »

Wind Dancers wrote:A few Wind Dancers were finally released from our sponsored hospital ward ahead of spring training. It was good to see the likes of Takeuchi, Hashimoto, and Thompson finally recover from an injury-riddled 2026.

I'm looking forward to a fun season, though I don't think it will be too fun once we start losing games.
How poetic, all three of these guys are now back on the DL for the start of the season. Thompson for a few weeks, Hashimoto for a few months, and Takeuchi for the year will make this an interesting season once again.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#23 Post by kiersteadmo »

Wind Dancers getting hit hard already. Hopefully, they recover and with injury setting now low maybe they are either injury prone or just pure bad luck...
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#24 Post by Wind Dancers »

Bad news is Takeuchi tore his UCL, good news is he somehow improved his movement according to my scout.

Apparently that ligament was holding him back.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#25 Post by kiersteadmo »

Good luck everyone, hope we all have a great season. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark Kierstead II
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#26 Post by Denny »

Warriors wrote:Wind Dancers getting hit hard already. Hopefully, they recover and with injury setting now low maybe they are either injury prone or just pure bad luck...
I have been wondering about this. Even though our injury setting is lower now, perhaps all the players who got hurt last year are now considered more injury prone by the game due to their 2026 injuries....in which case we will still experience an elevated number of injuries (for those players) this season. I hope that's not the case, but it certainly could be.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#27 Post by Wind Dancers »

Codgers wrote:
Warriors wrote:Wind Dancers getting hit hard already. Hopefully, they recover and with injury setting now low maybe they are either injury prone or just pure bad luck...
I have been wondering about this. Even though our injury setting is lower now, perhaps all the players who got hurt last year are now considered more injury prone by the game due to their 2026 injuries....in which case we will still experience an elevated number of injuries (for those players) this season. I hope that's not the case, but it certainly could be.
To be fair, Hashimoto and Takeuchi were both looking injury prone for a few years so I don't think they are good examples. But it would certainly make sense for players that got hurt last year to be more prone this season, regardless of the change. It should still be fewer injuries this season, but the prone guys will likely own their own hospital bed.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#28 Post by Duane »

wow ... pre-season predictions are nuts ... 322 stolen bases 8-o 8-o 8-o
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#29 Post by Borealis »

Borealis are pleased with the course of the spring - an SL best 16-8 will do it for you, but also...

- Mike Provost - not a contract year, but he holds an option for next season and he pitched as if it were a contract year: 16 IP, 9 H, 0 BB, 19 K and a 0.00 ERA - can't ever recall having a pitcher do that!
- The starters: Provost, Rivera (1.69), Diaz (2.25), Tugboat (2.81), Snow (2.81) - and 'Chief' Nieves, 2.25 with 9 K, 1 BB and the question of what to do when all 6 starters were outstanding... Could a 6 man rotation be in the works??
- Not so neat was the bullpen where aside from 'Stork' (2.92), struggles abound - including Dan Field - acquired from Crystal Lake in a winter trade - 10.2 IP, 15 H11 K, 7 BB and 8 runs - though it was 2 of his 5 appearances that stunk...
- 'Fido' Castro led the hitters with a .541, Britt had 4 homers and 14 RBI... Theron Boswell had a hopeful spring (.321)...
- For reasons that make zero sense, coming off a SLCS appearance and with a 100 FI and a high Loyalty, season tix sales were down 10% - that 50¢ price increase was that burdensome?? Really??
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#30 Post by Wind Dancers »

Do we have someone in charge of updating Statslab and reports? With the season starting tonight, it would probably make sense to get these updated and then hopefully after future sims.

Toyama is ready for the daunting task of an opening 4 game series against Shin Seiki. We've dropped ticket prices this season in anticipation of a struggle this year placing us in the bottom 4 in the SL according to last season's prices. Interestingly enough, Yuma had the highest ticket prices in the league last season with a whopping $45 a pop while London charged an affordable $15.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”