Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#406 Post by kiersteadmo »

I want to thank Aurora for the close series as I was worried we might not get past you as I was with Evas. Again it was our hitting that allowed us to win late in the games. Good luck

I have exported
Last edited by kiersteadmo on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#407 Post by Borealis »

Congrats to Mark and the IL Champion (no spoiler here)!!! We couldn't handle the Warriors all year, and truthfully we found ourselves torn with rooting for the Evas in that series. I curse the AI pulling 'Tugboat' after only 97 pitches and a 3-hitter after 8 IP - Gray certainly picked the absolutely worse time to decide to SUCK!!! as he had two really bad blown saves in this series. I don't think the fans on The Front Range are going to be happy...

We will have a PEC of longtime GMs, so that's exciting - someone deserving will hoist the trophy this year!!!

Meanwhile, there's a long-time Auroran SS on the current free-agent list, as Nick Giles has already been released - his team option clearly already declined... Too bad you can't just release guys who won't be vesting without the game wanting to charge you for those vesting years - 'Javelin' has been on the DL all year, and certainly didn't vest...

Counting the days until spring training...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#408 Post by Sandgnats »

Wow there are so many good story lines for this playoffs... Kentucky pulls off two series in games 7s in a row! San Juan surprises all. Duluth breaks through and keep the SL Title in the Midwest. I do sense one team of destiny... but I will keep my mouth shut. :-x

Good luck guys! :clap:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#409 Post by Sandgnats »

Smart move with the Vesting Options Mike. You make good use of them.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#410 Post by Duane »

Congrats to Havana for taking this to game 7 after trailing 3-0. We have seen this before with Florida toying with Ky and turning it on to wash the dugouts with us. I have no ide what to think or do about playing a team we have NEVER faced before - and especially without our one true ACE and also without the reigning Royal Raker who were both lost months ago. :-P :puke-front: !+)

We are welcoming back "Cheese" Chesney and Gil Sterling from the DL ;-D :clap:

Any and all suggestions and scouting reports are more than welcome :lol:

Good luck Duluth, please make sure the grounds crew provides a perfect playing surface, we are very beat up after Florida and Havana injuring several of our guys.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#411 Post by kiersteadmo »

Duane,

Best of luck also. I have done a few scouting reports and I worry about how many bases you will steal :P, I have a few pitchers who are hot right now and The hitters that usually do well did not do well last series so hopefully, they pick it up. I do notice you are getting caught off guard a little as many of your guys are not rested as well as I had an extra day or 2 to rest.

I have been lucky as no major injuries all season as well as playoffs.
Mark Kierstead II
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#412 Post by Duane »

Sandgnats wrote:Smart move with the Vesting Options Mike. You make good use of them.

How does vesting work? What actually is it - time???
Duane

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#413 Post by Wind Dancers »

With the current website having some issues and the archive slow, I put the archived constitution (Sept 2017) in a google doc for anyone that needs it for the upcoming offseason. It's a quick fix until the website is fully operational again.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KHr ... sp=sharing

Also, Lorenzo Amador and Pablo Prado have officially hit the free agent market. My fans had a collective heart-attack when they were released, but $20mil a piece for a team struggling financially is an easy cut to make.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#414 Post by Leones »

Thoroughbreds wrote:Congrats to Havana for taking this to game 7 after trailing 3-0.
Good luck Duluth, please make sure the grounds crew provides a perfect playing surface, we are very beat up after Florida and Havana injuring several of our guys.
Thanks Duane. I hadn't had a chance to download the league file yet so I'm still in the dark about whatever happened. With the website AWOL it'll have to wait until this evening. I guess the cnage to the rotation worked out for game 6. Nice. We really needed that playoff money. Good luck with the Championship Series!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#415 Post by Borealis »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Sandgnats wrote:Smart move with the Vesting Options Mike. You make good use of them.

Vesting options are when certain criteria are put forth that must be met for the option to be picked up - like a batter must have, say, 400 AB. If he does, he has a contract for the following year, if not, he's a free agent - though I suppose you could negotiate an extension that would absorb a vesting option if you really wanted to.

So, 'Javelin' Peterson has a vesting option for next season and 2028, where he needs.... 30 games finished (which I always thought meant saves, but I guess not?). He had a season ending injury in spring training, so he obviously finished no games, so his contract doesn't vest, and he'll be a free agent. With his expected salary at $17M for 2027 and 2028, we are more than happy to see that off our books at this point. But we have to wait until the offseason begins to realize that financially...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#416 Post by Duane »

ooooooo thanks. I really haven't used it since not fully understanding. :geek:
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#417 Post by Sandgnats »

Wind Dancers wrote:With the current website having some issues and the archive slow, I put the archived constitution (Sept 2017) in a google doc for anyone that needs it for the upcoming offseason. It's a quick fix until the website is fully operational again.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KHr ... sp=sharing

Also, Lorenzo Amador and Pablo Prado have officially hit the free agent market. My fans had a collective heart-attack when they were released, but $20mil a piece for a team struggling financially is an easy cut to make.
Thanks for posting the rules Dylan!

We have had quite a few contract extensions that are not compliant with the rules lately.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#418 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:
Thoroughbreds wrote:

Vesting options are when certain criteria are put forth that must be met for the option to be picked up - like a batter must have, say, 400 AB. If he does, he has a contract for the following year, if not, he's a free agent - though I suppose you could negotiate an extension that would absorb a vesting option if you really wanted to.

So, 'Javelin' Peterson has a vesting option for next season and 2028, where he needs.... 30 games finished (which I always thought meant saves, but I guess not?). He had a season ending injury in spring training, so he obviously finished no games, so his contract doesn't vest, and he'll be a free agent. With his expected salary at $17M for 2027 and 2028, we are more than happy to see that off our books at this point. But we have to wait until the offseason begins to realize that financially...
Yes, Mike is a master at using them to his advantage. He is right you can extension over the option if you need to, but that usually does not make sense.

Our constitution sets forth the minimal/maximum stats that can be used for Vesting Options.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#419 Post by Borealis »

A 2-2-2-1 playoff structure? How does that work, and how did that even become an option? I’d sure have been upset if I didn’t have home field in game 7....
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#420 Post by Sandgnats »

Mike it's still the same 2, 3, 2 home away schedule as always. Morris is just running the simulations 2 games, 2 games, 2 games and 1 game.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”