Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#676 Post by Zephyrs »

I have so many holes to fill in order to reach my nearly impossible goal of playing 500 baseball but, too many of these Premadonnas refuse to bring down their asking price so that I can properly budget for the long term, when my team might possibly but, not really, almost, have a chance to add a key piece in the future, at an inflated price, to get us over the top and make the playoffs in 2031.

Psst.....quality run on sentence rant! :angry-cussingblack:
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#677 Post by Evas »

This part of the off season is always a little tedious. A lot of pointless standoffs with players asking for silly deals.

Oh a mid 30's player is asking for $6MM, that's pretty reasonable... but he wants it for 5 years. OK. Guess we'll wait a few more sims to come to something reasonable...
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#678 Post by Wind Dancers »

I like the independent league veterans who want $15mil+ when they could MAYBE be mid-rotation on a bottom of the standings team.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#679 Post by Borealis »

Wind Dancers wrote:I like the independent league veterans who want $15mil+ when they could MAYBE be mid-rotation on a bottom of the standings team.
Who are already 34 and want 6 years...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#680 Post by Sandgnats »

oh the WIL....
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#681 Post by Arroyos »

Zephyrs wrote:I have so many holes to fill in order to reach my nearly impossible goal of playing 500 baseball but, too many of these Premadonnas refuse to bring down their asking price so that I can properly budget for the long term, when my team might possibly but, not really, almost, have a chance to add a key piece in the future, at an inflated price, to get us over the top and make the playoffs in 2031.

Psst.....quality run on sentence rant! :angry-cussingblack:
Scott, I share your pain, but I see part of your problem. You've accumulated too many of the PREmadonnas, so they only play ball as well as Madonna did before she spent 6 months training for the film A League of Their Own.

What you need, obviously, is to sign a few more POSTmadonnas. Or maybe just fewer madonnas would do the trick. Think there are any prime Dons on the waiver list?

Your pal in the basement,
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#682 Post by Wind Dancers »

I've said it before but I need to say it again after this past sim, Neo-Tokyo is going to have one hell of a roster here soon. Top-tier prospects, and this past sim they signed 27yo Luigi Bright whose been excellent. As the team directly above them in the Rising Sun, it seems I get to be the first that gets rolled over. It's good to see some of these rebuilding teams starting to ramp up again.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#683 Post by kiersteadmo »

Bright was a good pickup and his price dropped a bit, I was tempted to offer him a deal but went in another direction. Neo-Tokyo looks really good.
Mark Kierstead II
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#684 Post by Akira »

Warriors wrote:Bright was a good pickup and his price dropped a bit, I was tempted to offer him a deal but went in another direction.
His ratings are pretty good (except his movement) but his stats are outstanding. To get him in his prime was something I couldn't pass up and worth the extended contract at a pretty decent salary. He actually wanted 8 years but that's against our new rules so glad he accepted.
Warriors wrote:Neo-Tokyo looks really good.
In no small part to the acquisition of 3B Guillermo Justavo from Duluth, filling our most glaring weakness with an MVP caliber player in his prime. We're not there yet, though.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#685 Post by Coqui »

Well, the Longshoremen are in a holding pattern, trying to retain fan interest and not lose too much money as we wait for $60+M in salary to go off of the books this year. An attempt to compete by signing stars to overpriced contracts was a .500 batting average. Chris Long (3 years, $90M . . . for an injury prone and fielding heavy 3.0 WAR over the first two seasons) was a bust, while Emilio Manuel (3 years, $75M. . . for an offense heavy 3.3 WAR (he's mostly DH'd) has worked out better, if still not cost-effective. Long's OPS+s have been 65 and 86, Manuel's have been 113 and 124.

We added Alexander O'Neal in hopes of bringing new life to an inconsistent, sputtering offense that has been the main culprit in the Logshoremen's malaise of the past few years. Given the hitter-friendly Svab Memorial Stadium, the Longshoremen's pitching performance (11th of 14 teams in runs allowed) is middling. The offensive performance (12th of 14) is horrendous.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#686 Post by Borealis »

Dang - This sim is like National Letter of Intent Day - Free Agents flying out the doors...

And that's an OUCH, looking at the 2027 Schedule: September has Aurora facing 6 straight against the Evil Evas, then 6 games with Duluth, 6 with the Codgers and 3 with the 'Gnats - better put the peddle to the metal to start the year...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#687 Post by Dinosaurs »

Welp, I'm going to have to buy my owner a few rounds of Scotch for dropping the big bucks on two $20 million dollar a year deals.....
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#688 Post by Sandgnats »

Dinosaurs wrote:Welp, I'm going to have to buy my owner a few rounds of Scotch for dropping the big bucks on two $20 million dollar a year deals.....
You're definitely all in this year!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#689 Post by Borealis »

Dinosaurs wrote:Welp, I'm going to have to buy my owner a few rounds of Scotch for dropping the big bucks on two $20 million dollar a year deals.....
Yikes!! That's a huge gamble for the Dino's!! $40M for 78 years of ball player... :shock:
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#690 Post by MikeB »

I need to fire my accountant. He didn't prepare me for the radical drop in my finances Feb. 1.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”