Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#31 Post by Denny »

Yes, with the way injuries are occurring this season I think the secret to making it through is going to be depth, depth, and more depth. Also possibly depth could be a factor :-?
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#32 Post by kiersteadmo »

I think another pitcher or 2 got season ending injurys again.
Mark Kierstead II
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Ghosts »

Sheesh.... a 14 month arm injury to our long reliver/spot starter - not a key contributor but.. this is going to be a really long season.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#34 Post by kiersteadmo »

I am really happy with this sim as teams signed some really good players.

Tony Figueroa signed with West Virginia. I offered him a contract but wanted way too much and like 5 years. Glad he got picked up.

Ieyoshi Ishikawa signed with us, I purely signed him as contact hitter, I was surprised he had not gone sooner but his age might be a factor.

Ricardo Aguilar signed with Amsterdam, Really glad someone picked him up, I really forgot about him as a comp pick because I had signed my other players. He also signed for a bargain also.

I really look forward to the season starting now :)
Mark Kierstead II
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#35 Post by Alleghenies »

Warriors wrote:I am really happy with this sim as teams signed some really good players.

Tony Figueroa signed with West Virginia. I offered him a contract but wanted way too much and like 5 years. Glad he got picked up.

Ieyoshi Ishikawa signed with us, I purely signed him as contact hitter, I was surprised he had not gone sooner but his age might be a factor.

Ricardo Aguilar signed with Amsterdam, Really glad someone picked him up, I really forgot about him as a comp pick because I had signed my other players. He also signed for a bargain also.

Ishikawa was injured all off-season. I think you will be very happy with that signing though. He is a solid player. I enjoyed him in my lineup.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#36 Post by kiersteadmo »

Yeah, I saw that he had a week left and figured worth the risk.
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by Borealis »

We threw Figueroa a few bones, hoping to maybe grab a RHB, but he did want a lot more than we wanted to spend.

Good news, Aurora-wise, is we at least got through the spring with just one serious injury...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#38 Post by Nigel »

Warriors wrote: Ricardo Aguilar signed with Amsterdam, Really glad someone picked him up, I really forgot about him as a comp pick because I had signed my other players. He also signed for a bargain also.
I was in on Aguilar too, I could have done with a lefty, but he kept on messing with my offer. Liking it, wanting more, liking it so I didn't hold out much hope
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#39 Post by Alleghenies »

Borealis wrote:We threw Figueroa a few bones, hoping to maybe grab a RHB, but he did want a lot more than we wanted to spend.

Good news, Aurora-wise, is we at least got through the spring with just one serious injury...

I may have paid Figueroa a little to much, but now my lineup minus my catchers is pretty solid all the way through. Lujan, Mercer, Vesquez, Dwyer, Figueroa, Davis, Arai (pretty underrated SS), Flores when he comes back...
So a lineup that was hard to get out last year is even harder :-). Especially with Figueroa at the top of the order as an On-base machine for Davis and Mercer to drive in.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#40 Post by kiersteadmo »

Figueroa wanted 16.7 mil over 6 years... We passed
Mark Kierstead II
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Duane »

Alleghenies wrote:
Warriors wrote:I am really happy with this sim as teams signed some really good players.

Ishikawa was injured all off-season. I think you will be very happy with that signing though. He is a solid player. I enjoyed him in my lineup.
Ky was in on Ishikawa, just can't commit much as he wanted
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#42 Post by Duane »

Alleghenies wrote:
Borealis wrote:We threw Figueroa a few bones, hoping to maybe grab a RHB, but he did want a lot more than we wanted to spend.

I may have paid Figueroa a little to much, but now my lineup minus my catchers is pretty solid all the way through. Lujan, Mercer, Vesquez, Dwyer, Figueroa, Davis, Arai (pretty underrated SS), Flores when he comes back...
So a lineup that was hard to get out last year is even harder :-). Especially with Figueroa at the top of the order as an On-base machine for Davis and Mercer to drive in.
Arai was in Ky for a while - has great D but continuously under-performed with the bat. Sakei did the same as well so we are going with 2 rooks at 2B and SS
Duane

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#43 Post by Alleghenies »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Alleghenies wrote:

Arai was in Ky for a while - has great D but continuously under-performed with the bat. Sakei did the same as well so we are going with 2 rooks at 2B and SS
He has had 2 excellent seasons in a row...
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#44 Post by Ghosts »

One sim late on this, but we did bring back SP Seon-chin Pak for 1 year at $3.8M. That's a steep pay cut from the $10M he made last year for us. He was 13-12 with a 3.13 ERA and 1.12 WHIP last year and threw 6 complete games (3 shutouts). His personality is questionable, and his ratings have never been good but the new rating system really has him looking bad on paper. There's also the factor that he's a SP with only 2 pitches. But that hasn't stopped him so far.... maybe there's a bias against knuckleballers... he is a lefty with a 9 rated knuckleball. Maybe the story aligns with him just being underappreciated by talent evaluators despite getting results. I'm really curious to see how his performance is, and we're lucky enough that he'll slot in as our #5 SP this year. I really only signed him due to concerns over the amount of injuries to pitchers I have been seeing.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#45 Post by Duane »

2026 Preseason predictions in Statslab have the F-Heads in last place of the IL Dixie with an 82-80 record :clap: ;-D ... AND New Orleans winning the division at 92-70 :-P :shake:
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”