Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#691 Post by Denny »

I'm a little disgusted to see Víctor Carrillo sign with Okinawa for 3 years @ $12.5M, when I had offered him 3 years @ $15M (his asking price) and he told me I was, quote, "way off on the money", and needed to come up with more cash. So much for being high in Loyalty.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#692 Post by Evas »

Dinosaurs wrote:Welp, I'm going to have to buy my owner a few rounds of Scotch for dropping the big bucks on two $20 million dollar a year deals.....
Congrats on landing Gilbert Murray. He was a monster for the time I was able to have him on the field last season.

I was in for a while, but his injury history scared me off from going too big. Less than 400 PA over the last 2 years is a bit scary.

But the injury setting are going to be reduced for 2027, so it might not be as risky as it seems.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#693 Post by Alleghenies »

Evas wrote:
Dinosaurs wrote:Welp, I'm going to have to buy my owner a few rounds of Scotch for dropping the big bucks on two $20 million dollar a year deals.....
Congrats on landing Gilbert Murray. He was a monster for the time I was able to have him on the field last season.

I was in for a while, but his injury history scared me off from going too big. Less than 400 PA over the last 2 years is a bit scary.

But the injury setting are going to be reduced for 2027, so it might not be as risky as it seems.
I was in on him too, but his injuries scared me.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#694 Post by John »

Wow. Those two big contracts last sim just made the Dinosaurs a lot better. And at only two years each, they're extremely reasonably from a team perspective. Thinking this may be the year Fargo makes a move in the Great Lakes Division.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#695 Post by Zephyrs »

Well I am pleased that the demands came down for our targeted free agents. We signed 6 free agents to what we see as reasonable contracts and all should be significant improvements over what we trotted out last season. :bang:
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#696 Post by Akira »

Coqui wrote:I need to fire my accountant. He didn't prepare me for the radical drop in my finances Feb. 1.
My owner actually increased payroll by $6 million...now that all the big FAs are gone.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#697 Post by Zephyrs »

Akira wrote:
Coqui wrote:I need to fire my accountant. He didn't prepare me for the radical drop in my finances Feb. 1.
My owner actually increased payroll by $6 million...now that all the big FAs are gone.
My "team" is projecting a 10 million drop in revenue due to a severe decrease in season ticket sales. My plan is to ignore that shit and over spend on a temporary basis (no long term contracts) in an effort to get some wins for the fans. I am hoping that we get close to .500 baseball and the fans like it enough to come out and watch.
Joined September 2010
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#698 Post by Dinosaurs »

John wrote:Wow. Those two big contracts last sim just made the Dinosaurs a lot better. And at only two years each, they're extremely reasonably from a team perspective. Thinking this may be the year Fargo makes a move in the Great Lakes Division.
Yeah I was initially trying to grab Mercer and was in on him until the asking price jumped above $35 million, and then was left with a pile of cash that needed to go somewhere so I figure if I can get at least 6 WAR out of the both of them, I'd be about breaking even on the cash spent.

Adding Rains creates a slog of left handed 1B/DH types on my roster, but he's probably playable regardless of pitcher handedness.

The Dinosaurs will score runs this season, the big question will be if the back end of the rotation and the bullpen will take steps forward or not as they are filled with a number of young players.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#699 Post by MikeB »

Akira wrote:
My charitable new owner apparently doesn't consider me a charity case. Although he doesn't seem to mind taking a loss, considering he transferred $5m to the development budget giving the team a negative $4.49 for the season.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#700 Post by Zephyrs »

I challenge you to find a free agent signing with better facial hair!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joined September 2010
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#701 Post by Sandgnats »

Zephyrs wrote:I challenge you to find a free agent signing with better facial hair!
Scott, you're the man! We need to consider CP rewards for best facial hair of the year.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#702 Post by Alleghenies »

Happy I got Hou Hao on a minor league contract. I know not a major signing, but my scout really likes him and my last one did too.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#703 Post by kiersteadmo »

Signed Bullfrog to an extension, He came down drastically from his 20 mil year demand he was asking for all last season.
Mark Kierstead II
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#704 Post by Reg »

I was able to sign Vincent, Mercado and Watanabe for fairly cheap (It is the Trendsetters' method after all).

I do have some money to spend, so if someone has some contracts to burn, I might be interested. Particularly Catcher or Infielder. :D
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#705 Post by Zephyrs »

Your sad fact of the day - PEBA has 20 years of history and Reno has finished 4th, 5th and 6th (thank you Yuma) in all but three seasons. The Zephyrs finished 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd in seasons 2017-2020 (all playoff appearances). I have devoted a considerable amount of time in hopes of finishing in 3rd pace this season. Sad.
Joined September 2010

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”