Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#91 Post by Zephyrs »

I am a little excited. Reno will debut 3 top prospects this sim. Jude 'Freak' Bowles will be in the rotation while RF Rowan 'Bleeder' Stuart and C Roberto Jiménez will both be in the line-up. Who knows, maybe we can look back at this point as when things turned around for the Zephyrs. Losing is getting old.

Oh, and we brought back a familiar face Smooth!
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#92 Post by Alleghenies »

Not very happy with my team at the moment. Hitting sucks when we need it. I may need to shake things up.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#93 Post by Ghosts »

A painful 4-3 sim for the Bears. In a 3-2 win over the Dinosaurs, SP Seon-chin Pak strained his shoulder and will be out 2 weeks. In relief came out emergency SP Yoichibei Sakai who tore his biceps and will be out 3 months. We had SS Javier Torres who was hitting .391 have a 5 week day to day injury. What's weird is he kept playing through it, and now I'm curious as to whether I should let him play it out or put him on the DL as a preventive measure.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#94 Post by MikeB »

My team is wasting good pitching right now. I'd like to say my hitting can only get better but the offense was even worse two years ago when I took over so it's fresh in my memory. Plus when someone gets hurt, I've got guys who are barely AAA quality in the lineup. At least I've stocked up on draft picks.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#95 Post by Sandgnats »

Congrats to former Sandgnat Manuel Corona of West Virginia for his 200th win and Rob Raines for his 2500 hit!

Our short stop Orlando Barron commits 6 errors this month. Has high ratings on defense and fielding and is more than half-way to his 10 errors all last season... what the...
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#96 Post by kiersteadmo »

Decent sim , Pitching is getting better and hitting getting their.
Mark Kierstead II
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#97 Post by Denny »

Sandgnats wrote:Congrats to former Sandgnat Manuel Corona of West Virginia for his 200th win and Rob Raines for his 2500 hit!
Impressive milestones for both! I'm sure they are both headed for the PEBA Hall of Fame eventually. :clap:

Meanwhile, a good sim for Palm Springs, taking 3 of 4 from Reno and 2 of 3 from NT despite missing some of our best pitchers and hitters, has us in pretty decent shape as April draws to a close. A much sterner challenge next week though, as the Codgers face Shin Seiki and the original Evil Empire in Aurora....will be a lot more difficult to smoke-and-mirrors our way past those two I suspect. :-o
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#98 Post by Borealis »

Plenty of Neat on the Front Range as Aurora enters the week, ends April, and opens a series with Duluth at Northern Lights, on an 8-game win streak - with a shot at 20 wins for the season's first month - but no one at Aurora HQ is taking anything for granted against the revenge-minded Minnesotans...

- Clark Snow continues to shine in his new digs and with a pair of starts for the week he threw 10.2 innings (pitch counts keeping the innings down for now), struck out 17 and walked just a pair - and allowed just a pair of ER. He's 3-0 with a 1.12 ERA... 'Terror' Diaz also has started strong - perhaps spending all of last season at AAA was just what he needed, he went 13.2 innings in his two starts v. Canton and Reno, earning a pair of W's (he's 4-0), allowing just 1 run (he has a 0.68 ERA), 9 K, 3 BB... John Gray - taking over at closer with 'Javelin' out for the year, has 6 saves on the season and 19 K, 1 BB in 10 IP - and has yet to surrender a run...

- Amongst the exciting games of the week, Bill Carter's 2-run triple gave the L-men a short lived 2-0 lead in the 6th against 'Tugboat' (5 H, 1 ER, 7 K in 6 IP) - but this was Paul Carlisle's day - a 2-run HR in the 6th to tie the game, which would go 11 innings, where he would send fans home happily with a walk of HR in the bottom of the 11th for a 3-2 win... The next day in Reno, Ramon Leach would touch Carlos Rivera for a 2-run homer in the bottom of the 1st - one of five hits he'd allow, and the only runs in 7 innings of work. But Aurora continued to show clutch hitting, with Carlisle's 2-out single in the 4th splitting the lead and Mike Britt's 2nd HR of the year with 2-out and Pedro Ferringo on base would give Aurora the come-from-behind 3-2 win...

- Of note offensively: DH Pedro Ferringo is hitting .386, has scored 15 runs and stole 7 bases - filling in quite well at the top of the order for the missing Pope... Carlisle has 4 HR, 15 RBI and a .317 average... New CF Tomas Flores (who has started all 20 games even though he's scheduled to be off every 7 days) is hitting .312, but his 17 K is disturbing... rookie Manny Castro is holding his own at .295, while fellow rookie catcher/part-time DH Domingo Gutierrez is searching for more than .240... Another rookie, LF 'Fudd' Martinez, filling Pope's roster and LF spot (with Lawrence Justice also on the DL) is hitting a not too bad .273 - but Not So Neat is his 11 K in 33 AB...

What's on Tap
After hosting Duluth, the Codgers come to Northern Lights for 3 before Aurora heads onto the road to face Canton and Duluth.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#99 Post by MikeB »

London's sweep of Havana a couple sims ago has made things interesting in the Trans Atlantic. My guys seemed to have righted themselves by winning two series this sim. Unfortunately the injuries are piling up and Velázquez is down for four months. Needed him healthy but didn't expect it after he missed much of the last two seasons. The e.r.a. of my starters is 2.87 so that's a big chunk lost on what has been my team's bright spot.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#100 Post by kiersteadmo »

Had a really good sim, Taking the series from Aurora and Okinawa. Has a blow out loss to Provost and then gained it back 2 games later with Nieves , who after seeing our starters not doing well picked up he slack.

Some quiet news as we extended Barry Wallace to an 8 year deal, I figured if we gave him incentive his bat would pick up and it sure has worked.

Upcoming we have Yuma, and not to bury the team but we do intend to take all 4 games. Any loss to Yuma would not look good on our team.

Then we have Aurora again, I am sure this next series will be tougher so I am adjusting my lineup for better match-ups.
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#101 Post by Wind Dancers »

Hartford had an April to forget, sitting at 10-15 we just haven't been able to settle in. A 2-10 away record shows how badly we are struggling away from Mack Stadium. A 3-3 double series against Florida this past sim hopefully is the first step to winning some games.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#102 Post by Zephyrs »

Of course it is still very early but I cannot remember the last time we were 2nd in runs scored.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#103 Post by Denny »

Very pleased with how Palm Springs' sim went--going 3-3 against SS and AUR was a much better outcome than I had feared! It included an epic 17-inning battle with the Evas which was exciting to see, even though the Codgers eventually came out on the short end; and the doughty salmon and green took the series in Aurora two games to one, even managing to hang a loss on the fearsome Mr. Provost :shock:

Overall the club is in pretty good shape at the end of April despite numerous injuries, something that has rarely been the case for us in the past. Of course we didn't have many games against the top-ranked teams; I suspect May may be a tougher challenge.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#104 Post by Ghosts »

In the Desert Hills, 4 teams are seperated by 5 games, all of which have winning records. The Bears have pulled to 1 back of Aurora after another sweep of the Gnats, who we are now 6-0 against. NEAT!! Props to Reno too - they have won 12 of 13!!!!!
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#105 Post by Wind Dancers »

Hartford continues to be a dumpster fire. Walter Daniel is out for 7 weeks, Carlos Ryan is stringing together day-to-day injuries, and Luis Cedeno is struggling.

And I don't know if it's just me, but my scout hates this draft class. Only 9 guys over 2 stars.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”