Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#151 Post by Borealis »

IDK, that seems to happen every year - like last year, when Greg of WV wanted to draft someone no one heard of (and I drafted him and traded him for a guy I was going to draft) - I can't find the guy now because the histories are incomplete...

I do see StatsLab has finally been updated...

EDIT:
Well, at least it's in progress - I see no players! How did you see them, Patrick?

(EDIT)(EDIT):
OMG - there's like 600 RP in this class... And half the number of batters from last year - as per OOTP; I guess that relates to Patricks comment?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#152 Post by MikeB »

Am wondering about potential ratings in Statslab. I can't find a match to OSA in-game at any level. I now feel autopick is going to do better than me, although the class already has me leaning toward rolling a couple picks to next year anyway.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#153 Post by Duane »

Since it's the day before the draft and we still can't do lists (or can we? I checked this morning) Maybe this is the year we ALL do auto-pick???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#154 Post by Leones »

Statslab was up when I made my lists. (Wed night as I recall) I've got my draft list completely ready and sorted. It'll be very intersting to see how these picks pan out.

Looks like the draft pool in statslab is back up. Even, or especially, if you're planning on auto drafting try to find a player or two that you like and make a tiny list for round one of those. Make it fun
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#155 Post by Ghosts »

Bakersfield and their 15 picks in the first 8 rounds has run out of time to make a list. I'll be on autopick.

Bummer.......................................
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#156 Post by Borealis »

So the frustrating part is that StatsLab is listing what I assume is all eligible players, while OOTP is only showing college players with 4-years of college - a quick look seems to show no early entry players - and that looks to be a lot of players - the first few that come up in StatsLab alpha batter list are not on the OOTP list - which is ridiculous!!! The work to hunt these players down is unreasonable - especially when the StatsLab ratings are so bizarre - one of the top rated players in the draft within OOTP is rated near the bottom in StatsLab.

Ho is StatsLab knowing these early entry types are eligible and OOTP doesn't?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#157 Post by Duane »

Leones wrote:Statslab was up when I made my lists. (Wed night as I recall) I've got my draft list completely ready and sorted. It'll be very intersting to see how these picks pan out.

Looks like the draft pool in statslab is back up. Even, or especially, if you're planning on auto drafting try to find a player or two that you like and make a tiny list for round one of those. Make it fun
At 10am today (Chicago time) the draft link said there was no draft scheduled. Yes it opens now. I guess this means I will be busy tonight. Will attend day 1 but will not be home day 2 (Sunday)
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#158 Post by Denny »

This all makes me suspect StatsLab (and probably OOTP) is still a work in progress while our esteemed Commish is still busy trying to get these issues ironed out.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#159 Post by Borealis »

I am going to TRY to get a list of ID numbers for the entire StatsLab draft class, and sync it with the entire under-25 player list from OOTP, with OSA ratings for the main categories, so that we have a fighting chance - unfortunately it'll likely be late for most of the east coast guys, and just kinda late on the Best Coast...
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#160 Post by Leones »

Borealis wrote:I am going to TRY to get a list of ID numbers for the entire StatsLab draft class, and sync it with the entire under-25 player list from OOTP, with OSA ratings for the main categories, so that we have a fighting chance - unfortunately it'll likely be late for most of the east coast guys, and just kinda late on the Best Coast...
I can post a list of players with matching player ids tonight. Still at work it'll be about two hours. csv format ok? I'll check back in when I get home...
Patrick Hildreth

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#161 Post by Wind Dancers »

List for the first few rounds are done and I will be there tomorrow. There is definitely, some hidden talent hidden on the OOTP list so the draft class isn't too awful. At first it felt like these were players who were unsure if they were going to declare when the list was released, but it wouldn't make sense for them to do so a week before the draft starts in-game.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#162 Post by Borealis »

Oh, and did we have games played last night?
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#163 Post by Leones »

Here's a list. Some of the player positions may not match how they are listed in ootp (the list reflects the position at which the player has the highest rating). Hope this is useful to somebody ;-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrick Hildreth

kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#164 Post by kiersteadmo »

We should update the draft list as I have traded my fist few rounds away and i was getting messages about trading them when i do not have them anymore :) ;-D
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#165 Post by Wind Dancers »

I'm not sure which draft order is correct. In-game, I don't have a first-round pick but I can't figure out who Toyama would've signed in the offseason to lose it.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”