Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#316 Post by Borealis »

Aurora hobbles into the post-season, despite the record (110-52, although in-game, out Info/History pane shows us at 108-54) and a season-ending sweep of the Evil Evas. We certainly don't look forward to meeting up with Duluth in the near future - they pounded us in the penultimate series for 9 homers in the 3rd game of the series!!! Not Very Nice...

Aurora welcomes back Carlos Rivera, from the DL, and they will chance it by throwing him into the fray... The bullpen continues to be shaky, so he's likely to work out of the 'pen in the stead of one of the unreliable AAA relievers who've made the 'pen... less reliable...

Also of concern is the lack of a second CF on the roster - and with Tomas Flores out for the haul, who takes his place - a AAA CF with little experience, or 'Fudd' Martinez, who hit .234 in his first 69 major league games this year - though he did steal 25 bases in 28 attempts, but he doesn't play CF...

In a peculiar twist, the last two games were not started by the scheduled starters - 'Tugboat' and 'Mister' Jones. Don't ask me why, but for some reason the computer/AI started relievers instead - I sure hope it was some bug-a-boo that has vanished - I'll be pretty perturbed if 'Train Arollin'' and 'Tugboat' don't start the playoffs for us...

What's on Tap:
Aurora was 8-8 v. Crystal Lake and, in an odd twist, played fewer games against division foe Palm Springs, whom Aurora was 7-5 against. Maybe we can get StatsLab up and running soon...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#317 Post by Wind Dancers »

A positive 3-3 week for Toyama to wrap up the season shows just how poor 2026 has been. At 74-88 and with a handful of key players at the end of their contract, there will be a shake-up during my first Toyama offseason.

The recurring positive this season ended as such, Jose Escobido won the SL batting championship with a hefty .354 avg and .412 obp. His average was actually the highest on all of PEBA despite 6 injuries for the 35-year-old. #1 goal for the offseason is to make this team financially stable as we are overspending massively on scouting and development.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#318 Post by Reg »

Anyone willing to post final standings here? No game access for a little bit... :D
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#319 Post by kiersteadmo »

Same,

l moved cities and no internet for a few days.
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#320 Post by Wind Dancers »

2026 Final Standings

Imperial League

Seaboard Division
West Virginia (x) 100-62
Arlington (z) 94-68
Hartford 78-84
Amsterdam 55-107

Dixie Division
Florida (x) 103-59
Kentucky (z) 101-61
San Antonio 83-79
New Orleans 81-81

Trans Atlantic Division
Havana (x) 82-80
San Juan 71-91
Scottish 62-100
London 62-100

Sovereign League

Great Lakes Division
Duluth (x) 97-65
Crystal Lake (z) 91-71
Fargo 87-77
Kalamazoo 72-90
Canton 60-102

Desert Hills Division
Aurora (x) 110-52
Palm Springs (z) 94-68
Bakersfield 89-73
Reno 60-102
Yuma 54-108

Rising Sun Division
Shin Seiki (x) 96-66
Okinawa 84-78
Toyama 74-88
Neo-Tokyo 68-94
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#321 Post by Sandgnats »

Thanks for posting it! Having a little trouble downloading the game for some unknown reason.

Well CL, since I joined as GM, has gone from 89 to 90 and now 91 wins. Duluth jumped us in those last two years in the standings. A little nervous with the injuries without a full staff into the post season. Mr. Dole will be happy for that playoff money! Interested to see where the revenue sharing will go this season and how the league overall revenue and attendance has been. I'll run those numbers after the post-season.

Great season to all with the adversity and changes of the new version.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#322 Post by Wind Dancers »

Agreed, hopefully we can bring in some new gm's to fill the vacant slots in the offseason as well. It's been a bit quiet around here lately.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#323 Post by Reg »

Wind Dancers wrote:Agreed, hopefully we can bring in some new gm's to fill the vacant slots in the offseason as well. It's been a bit quiet around here lately.
Agreed. Having a full compliment of GMs would be great fun!
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#324 Post by Duane »

Dang it ... still can't de-throne the F-heads ... put up 101 wins they put up 103 :puke-front:
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#325 Post by Leones »

Thoroughbreds wrote:Dang it ... still can't de-throne the F-heads ... put up 101 wins they put up 103 :puke-front:
Life is good in the Trans Atlantic where a mere 82-80 record takes the crown. :-B Good ole Havana, meeting the minimum standard for some time now.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#326 Post by Denny »

Very pleased to see the salmon and green make a playoff return in the SL! I have to say that despite all the injuries, things actually broke very nicely for Palm Springs in 2026--the team won 94 games, finishing 8 wins above its projected Pythagorean record (typically the opposite is the case for us) and even had enough cushion to rest a few starters over the final week. Couple that with Felipe Días' MVP turn in the All-Star Game and it has been one of our most satisfying seasons.
Sandgnats wrote:Well CL, since I joined as GM, has gone from 89 to 90 and now 91 wins. Duluth jumped us in those last two years in the standings. A little nervous with the injuries without a full staff into the post season.
Just looking from the outside I was surprised CL did not win more games, but I am probably discounting the effects of injuries to important Sandgnat players....Shin Seiki and Bakersfield were the only opposing teams whose injury situations I was following somewhat closely. Well done to make the playoffs regardless, as there were other clubs hanging in there to the very end--Bakersfield, Okinawa, even Fargo made a nice run to the finish.

RJ, do you know who you are planning to start in the wild-card series? For Palm Springs' part, we are planning to go with:
Game 1: Edgardo Guerra
Game 2: Víctor Carrillo
Game 3: Félix Garza

Then we will see how the situation stands from there.

EDIT: I switched Guerra and Carrillo--for some reason OOTP had Carrillo pitch three days ago even though I had removed him from the rotation :-[
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#327 Post by Dinosaurs »

Codgers wrote:Very pleased to see the salmon and green make a playoff return in the SL! I have to say that despite all the injuries, things actually broke very nicely for Palm Springs in 2026--the team won 94 games, finishing 8 wins above its projected Pythagorean record (typically the opposite is the case for us) and even had enough cushion to rest a few starters over the final week. Couple that with Felipe Días' MVP turn in the All-Star Game and it has been one of our most satisfying seasons.
Sandgnats wrote:Well CL, since I joined as GM, has gone from 89 to 90 and now 91 wins. Duluth jumped us in those last two years in the standings. A little nervous with the injuries without a full staff into the post season.
Just looking from the outside I was surprised CL did not win more games, but I am probably discounting the effects of injuries to important Sandgnat players....Shin Seiki and Bakersfield were the only opposing teams whose injury situations I was following somewhat closely. Well done to make the playoffs regardless, as there were other clubs hanging in there to the very end--Bakersfield, Okinawa, even Fargo made a nice run to the finish.

RJ, do you know who you are planning to start in the wild-card series? For Palm Springs' part, we are planning to go with:
Game 1: Edgardo Guerra
Game 2: Víctor Carrillo
Game 3: Félix Garza

Then we will see how the situation stands from there.

EDIT: I switched Guerra and Carrillo--for some reason OOTP had Carrillo pitch three days ago even though I had removed him from the rotation :-[
Yes I was quite happy with a 6-0 final week sim for the Dinosaurs. Hoping to build on the first winning season in a while going into next season.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#328 Post by Sandgnats »

Hey Sorry a little late to the party Denny. This is shaping up to be an interesting series. Multiple injuries all around for CL. CF Jerry Long is out this series. DH Rob Raines is banged up but out there anyways against his little brother Royce.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#329 Post by Denny »

Sandgnats wrote:Hey Sorry a little late to the party Denny. This is shaping up to be an interesting series. Multiple injuries all around for CL. CF Jerry Long is out this series. DH Rob Raines is banged up but out there anyways against his little brother Royce.
Yes, Rob's grand slam seemed to have an effect in Game 2 :shake:

We'll see how things go tonight. I still think the balance is in favor of the Gnats here...we'll see if we can get something going over the next two games in Crystal Lake. For the Codgers, the ex-Floridian Félix Garza will take the mound in Game 3, while Luis Monsalve, a little-known product of the Palm Springs system who did well this season, will be thrown into the fray in Game 4.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#330 Post by Sandgnats »

Codgers wrote:
Sandgnats wrote:Hey Sorry a little late to the party Denny. This is shaping up to be an interesting series. Multiple injuries all around for CL. CF Jerry Long is out this series. DH Rob Raines is banged up but out there anyways against his little brother Royce.
Yes, Rob's grand slam seemed to have an effect in Game 2 :shake:

We'll see how things go tonight. I still think the balance is in favor of the Gnats here...we'll see if we can get something going over the next two games in Crystal Lake. For the Codgers, the ex-Floridian Félix Garza will take the mound in Game 3, while Luis Monsalve, a little-known product of the Palm Springs system who did well this season, will be thrown into the fray in Game 4.
Are you ready for Game 5 Denny!? Oh my! Nice win in the top of the 9th to force game 5 back in Palm Springs.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”