Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#331 Post by Alleghenies »

While my AAA team choked in the playoffs Congrats to my Maine Lobsters winning their 2nd Championship in a row and 3rd in 4 years.

Now time for some PEBA playoff baseball for Virginia.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#332 Post by Denny »

Sandgnats wrote:
Codgers wrote:
Sandgnats wrote:Hey Sorry a little late to the party Denny. This is shaping up to be an interesting series. Multiple injuries all around for CL. CF Jerry Long is out this series. DH Rob Raines is banged up but out there anyways against his little brother Royce.
Yes, Rob's grand slam seemed to have an effect in Game 2 :shake:

We'll see how things go tonight. I still think the balance is in favor of the Gnats here...we'll see if we can get something going over the next two games in Crystal Lake. For the Codgers, the ex-Floridian Félix Garza will take the mound in Game 3, while Luis Monsalve, a little-known product of the Palm Springs system who did well this season, will be thrown into the fray in Game 4.
Are you ready for Game 5 Denny!? Oh my! Nice win in the top of the 9th to force game 5 back in Palm Springs.
I think we all suspected this would be a close series and it surely has turned out to be that! I'm glad I am not watching the replays in real time--I would be a nervous wreck X-I Thank heavens for Thomas Woods; he has been huge for Palm Springs so far.

I am envious of the Gnats' seemingly endless supply of healthy top starters. Tatsui Kouno would probably be the #2 in Palm Springs....Crystal Lake can run him out fresh as a daisy for Game 5, or go back to McNeil. Meanwhile we have no choice but to send Guerra back out to the mound for the deciding tilt.

In the series civil war of brother against brother, I would have to give the nod to big bro Rob over Royce these first four games. Will one of them come up big in Game 5? We'll have to tune in Monday at 8:05 Pacific to find out!
:chatter: :clap:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#333 Post by Sandgnats »

Hey Denny! Still haven't decided who to put out there for game 5. I've studied the stats and there's plus and minus to any decision we make.

Agreed with the Raines brothers! Could this be the time that youth prevails? All good things do come to an end eventually. The Gnats clutch luck will eventually run out. I'll be biting my nails or what's left of them until game time!

I do like the additional playoff money with these extra games ;)

GO GNATS :clap: :chatter: :slugger: :clap:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#334 Post by Duane »

T-breds get some much needed rest thanks to a first round 3-game sweep ... 3 second-basemen have been on DL or playing injured so we were forced to use Barton from AAA to start the games in that series.

Top starter 'Slayer' will not see any action this post season and neither will 2025 Royal Raker Pedro Rodriguez out since July 1st. It has been our depth that brought us this far.

SS-A Barrow is still alive despite playing in single digit conditions, can they get to Hawaii?
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#335 Post by Sandgnats »

Thoroughbreds wrote:T-breds get some much needed rest thanks to a first round 3-game sweep ... 3 second-basemen have been on DL or playing injured so we were forced to use Barton from AAA to start the games in that series.

Top starter 'Slayer' will not see any action this post season and neither will 2025 Royal Raker Pedro Rodriguez out since July 1st. It has been our depth that brought us this far.

SS-A Barrow is still alive despite playing in single digit conditions, can they get to Hawaii?
Wow single digit playing conditions!
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#336 Post by Duane »

YEP NO JOKE... LAST 2 GAMES THEY PLAYED AT HOME 2 DEGREES 13MPH WIND AND 6 DEGREES 21MPH WIND ... AT LEAST IT WAS SUNNY
Duane

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#337 Post by Sandgnats »

Thoroughbreds wrote:YEP NO JOKE... LAST 2 GAMES THEY PLAYED AT HOME 2 DEGREES 13MPH WIND AND 6 DEGREES 21MPH WIND ... AT LEAST IT WAS SUNNY
How the hell did any runs get scored! They must have played in parkas!
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#338 Post by Borealis »

Thoroughbreds wrote:YEP NO JOKE... LAST 2 GAMES THEY PLAYED AT HOME 2 DEGREES 13MPH WIND AND 6 DEGREES 21MPH WIND ... AT LEAST IT WAS SUNNY
Mokule'ia's last home game it was 24.4º...

Celsius... For the math challenged, that's 76º F...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#339 Post by Duane »

Sandgnats wrote:
How the hell did any runs get scored! They must have played in parkas!
The Barrow team has Polar Bear skin coats dyed in team colors with an extra large logo.
Borealis wrote:
Mokule'ia's last home game it was 24.4º...

Celsius... For the math challenged, that's 76º F...
That's great .... if you like that kind of weather ..... :bang: :bang: :bang:
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#340 Post by kiersteadmo »

I am hoping Duluth can take advantage of the injuries that Evas has and pull out a winning series. They spanked us 9-3 head to head during the season.
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#341 Post by Borealis »

Another exciting chapter in the Aurora-Crystal Lake Saga is about to begin... It's been a weird season on The Front Range, so we have no expectations...

We are all locked and loaded for the sim, btw...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#342 Post by Alleghenies »

3-Peat for Single-A Rosarito Monjas Del Vuelo. Article coming out in next day or 2....
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#343 Post by Alleghenies »

Sandgnats wrote:Hey Denny! Still haven't decided who to put out there for game 5. I've studied the stats and there's plus and minus to any decision we make.

Agreed with the Raines brothers! Could this be the time that youth prevails? All good things do come to an end eventually. The Gnats clutch luck will eventually run out. I'll be biting my nails or what's left of them until game time!

I do like the additional playoff money with these extra games ;)

GO GNATS :clap: :chatter: :slugger: :clap:

Looks like you chose right.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#344 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:Another exciting chapter in the Aurora-Crystal Lake Saga is about to begin... It's been a weird season on The Front Range, so we have no expectations...

We are all locked and loaded for the sim, btw...
Wow here we go again Mike. :slugger:
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#345 Post by Sandgnats »

Hey Denny. Congrats on a good season. I am really surprised that CL was able to pull out that series. I thought you had us.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”