Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#211 Post by Alleghenies »

I told Morris that we usually get 2 sims to do SA cuts from the draft.

I asked for our next sim to be 1 day shorter, this way we could have an extra sim to make changes.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#212 Post by Ghosts »

Yowza... one more pitcher out for the year and another on the DL...

Currently on the DL: #2, #,3, #4, and #5 SPs, Closer, and Emergency SP. And we can't hit... despite a 36-28 record, it's over.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#213 Post by kiersteadmo »

Bears wrote:Yowza... one more pitcher out for the year and another on the DL...

Currently on the DL: #2, #,3, #4, and #5 SPs, Closer, and Emergency SP. And we can't hit... despite a 36-28 record, it's over.

Damn man, That sucks , so sorry to see that
Mark Kierstead II
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#214 Post by Duane »

ooooooooo, so the voodoo is working. That Maes thing last season
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#215 Post by Ghosts »

Thoroughbreds wrote:

ooooooooo, so the voodoo is working. That Maes thing last season
He's the only healthy one!

Womack joined the majors last sim and Harris looks like he might next sim. Gonna have 3 rookies in the rotation.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#216 Post by Coqui »

So, the Longshoremen's 2024 first rounder (the #3 overall pick), Mark Ray will be making his debut against the Akira in the first game of the next sim. The 23 year old has rocketed through the Longshoremen system after sitting out his first professional season while recovering from rotator cuff surgery, making only 19 starts:

2025 (Full A): 7 GS, 2-3, 3.47 ERA, 36.3 IP, 9 BB, 39 K
2026 (AA): 2 GS, 2-0, 1.38 ERA, 13 IP, 1 BB, 10 K
2026 (AAA): 9 GS, 4-2, 3.42 ERA, 55.3 IP, 16 BB, 53 K

The Longshoremen will go with a 6-man rotation for a bit and see how things shake out.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#217 Post by Wind Dancers »

Longshoremen wrote:So, the Longshoremen's 2024 first rounder (the #3 overall pick), Mark Ray will be making his debut against the Akira in the first game of the next sim. The 23 year old has rocketed through the Longshoremen system after sitting out his first professional season while recovering from rotator cuff surgery, making only 19 starts:

The Longshoremen will go with a 6-man rotation for a bit and see how things shake out.

Great to hear! Big injuries are usually a turn off for youngsters, but it's good to see someone recover well.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#218 Post by Coqui »

Wind Dancers wrote:
Longshoremen wrote:So, the Longshoremen's 2024 first rounder (the #3 overall pick), Mark Ray will be making his debut against the Akira in the first game of the next sim. The 23 year old has rocketed through the Longshoremen system after sitting out his first professional season while recovering from rotator cuff surgery, making only 19 starts:

Great to hear! Big injuries are usually a turn off for youngsters, but it's good to see someone recover well.
Thanks. His ratings aren't what they were when he was drafted, but his scouting report is as juicy as ever. I think we are still in the version-switch purgatory on ratings. Also, I just noticed that the Longshoremen have the top ranked prospect in the league. Are those new rankings as of post-draft? Sweet!
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#219 Post by Wind Dancers »

Yes, they are post-draft. I was surprised as well to see my 1st rounder ranked at #44.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#220 Post by Vic »

Claymore Cuts:

The Claymores were consistent, not very good in the latest series versus Kentucky. They held the line at 9 runs in all three games. You could just see their resolve when Kentucky got to 9...this far...no further. During the final game of the homestand, Cooper Scott ran around in his kilt screaming, "You may get nine, but never 10!!!" The crowd was less impressed than a Mikayla Maroney meme. Not to be outdone the offense scored 7 to Kentucky's 27. 4 of which came in a single game, which meant they were almost halfway to winning.

The second half of the week brought the return of current Scots GM Tanner to the stadium of his former New Orleans team. "Honestly, I still root for New Orleans, when we aren't playing against them. A lot of the players that are on the big league team were drafted on my watch and I have been keeping an eye on their progress ever since." Tanner explained he and Scott flew in the night before to have dinner with New Orleans owner Jack Cobb. "It was great to get the old gang together. I still love the Trendsetters and we had lots of great memories to recall. I even asked Cobb if he wouldn't mind letting me have the players I drafted...he wasn't too keen on the idea."

In the first game of the series, New Orleans won 5-3. The Claymores fought back and won the second game on a gem from staff ace Terry Dumont, who pitched a complete game shutout, as the Claymores pushed two runs across vs. John Turner a former Tanner first-round draft pick. "Turner pitched a good game but he left one up in the zone for Ferrell, who has been seeing the ball real well lately, and Ferrell deposited it in the stands," commented Tanner.

In other news, Marcos Uribe, the Claymores 1st round pick of 2026, is reportedly asking for a signing bonus of 5 million. Sources indicated the Claymore front office were loathe to match such a large bonus, especially for a player that isn't viewed as top-tier talent.
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#221 Post by Borealis »

Wind Dancers wrote:Big injuries are usually a turn off for youngsters, but it's good to see someone recover well.
I think they scare people more than they should - plenty of guys with early arm issues have long, fruitful careers: 'Gunner', 'Sawmill', Anastasio Lopez, 'Quagmire' - just to name a few who have passed through Aurora...

Neat:
- Taking 6 of 7 from the Bears - Always Neat, though they certainly have had their problems... Starting June 9-3...
- Mike Britt slowly getting back on track - average up to .259 with 11 HRs, though the average is the slowest of the starters... Britt is in the last year of his deal, and his ask isn't high, but he want's more years, so we'll see what can be done... Someone will need to leave to get any deal done...
- The outfield continues to excel: Pope (.373, but lacking ABs at the moment for League Leader - and All-Star, status... Keep an eye out next sim), Paul Carlisle (.321, 9 HR), Tomas Flores (.290, finally hit his first 2 homers, 15 SB) and if we count DH Pedro Ferringo (.345, 17 SB), that's a solid group...
- Rookie and former #1 (16th overall in 2023) 'Fudd' Martinez looks to be here to stay? He's hitting .259 with 14 SB. He's rotating in for Pope and Carlisle enough - we hope, to get him the ABs to continue his growth...
- Rookie catcher (10th overall in 2022) Manny Castro is hitting .277 with 7 HRs and 10 SB and fulfilling some of the expectations (as per the PEBA preseason predictions posted by some GMs)... The other rookie, Domingo Gutierrez is at .264, with a set of numbers that are pretty similar - aside from the K's...
- The, up to this point, bounce-back year by SS Teddy Loetzsch, who's hitting .294, with 9-2B...

Not So Neat:
- Another reliever goes down - Lando Lagerveld, who has been slowly showing signs of his original promise... Coupled with Pedro Vega's and 'Javelin's injuries the 'pen has a pair of untested rookies - Julio Martinez and Tomas Moya carrying the bulk of the middle relief work...
- The potential end of the road for long-time Borealis SS Nick Giles. He's totally lost his job and is hitting just .132 in 68 AB. His contract is set to expire - though there are two team options left on it, but its hard to imagine they'll be picked up...

Down on the Farm:
Thornton (AAA) and Gatineau (AA) are just kind of treading water in their respective divisions (3rd and 4th, respectively) and SLRC - despite a 19-26 record, are much improved over the past two years... Last years second of two 1st round picks, Ricardo Zamora, has made the jump all the way to AAA - almost more by necessity than achievement, but he's hitting .265 in nearly 100 AB, after starting the year at AA with a .316 in 19 AB... He's getting his playing time in RF with the hope of boosting his defensive abilities out there... SP Brandon 'Catfish' Waters (selected right in front of Zamora) had a solid Short A season last year and was promoted to A Ball, where he was 2-1 with 2.73 ERA in 4 GS - then he was promoted to AA where he threw all of 2.1 innings in his first start before sitting out 5 weeks with shoulder tendonitis, has returned from the DL and will make his 'second' start to begin the week... 2B Arthur Bonsall, 2nd rounder in 2025, is hitting .242 with 5 HR...

And... of course, the new crop begins soon, though top pick Rob Imhoff will still have 5 weeks on the DL... At least I don't think we messed up the DL/40-man roster issue this time!!

EDIT:
Oh, and our three HSers who we drafted in rounds 3-5 who were all listed as impossible to sign, all took offers that were just a smidge above their slot values, so they must not have had their hearts too set on going to college... SP Mike Gaselee will go into the rotation, Frank Evan's will come off the bench, with occasional starts at SS and DH, and RF Matt Davis will need another 7 weeks to overcome a broken ankle...
Last edited by Borealis on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#222 Post by Borealis »

Claymores wrote:In other news, Marcos Uribe, the Claymores 1st round pick of 2026, is reportedly asking for a signing bonus of 5 million. Sources indicated the Claymore front office were loathe to match such a large bonus, especially for a player that isn't viewed as top-tier talent.
I don't know if this is possible, but to be fair, is there a way that players be 'auto signed' for no bonus so that it is even across the board? My top three picks all signed with no apparent bonus - as I think happened for many teams, and to be honest, I don't think that was very fair - how ever it was that that came about. Especially when teams with $$$ such as Aurora, Bakersfield and Shin Seiki pay nothing and poorer teams (like Scotland?) have to offer up $$ to theirs...

Just my 2¢...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#223 Post by Vic »

Borealis wrote:
Claymores wrote:In other news, Marcos Uribe, the Claymores 1st round pick of 2026, is reportedly asking for a signing bonus of 5 million. Sources indicated the Claymore front office were loathe to match such a large bonus, especially for a player that isn't viewed as top-tier talent.
I don't know if this is possible, but to be fair, is there a way that players be 'auto signed' for no bonus so that it is even across the board? My top three picks all signed with no apparent bonus - as I think happened for many teams, and to be honest, I don't think that was very fair - how ever it was that that came about. Especially when teams with $$$ such as Aurora, Bakersfield and Shin Seiki pay nothing and poorer teams (like Scotland?) have to offer up $$ to theirs...

Just my 2¢...
I'm not too worried about it honestly, I just mentioned the amount more for the narrative than anything else... there are so many idiosyncrasies to OOTP that you could spend more time trying to fix the issues rather than just playing the game...besides I'm not poor, just talent challenged from the Front Office all the way down

:grin:
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#224 Post by Coqui »

Borealis wrote:EDIT:
Oh, and our three HSers who we drafted in rounds 3-5 who were all listed as impossible to sign, all took offers that were just a smidge above their slot values, so they must not have had their hearts too set on going to college...
And the counter example is Longshoremen 6th rounder Larry Hicks, to whom we offered $2.1M, $400K over his "ask", and he broke off negotiations. Don't let the door hit you in the keister on the way out, pal. :shake:
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#225 Post by Evas »

These injuries are bananas. I have 21 guys hurt in my organization right now. 3 have been lost for 9+ months in June.

It is getting hard to keep my minor league rosters filled to a usable level.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”