Winter Meetings, 2025

What possible days for the Winter Meetings are you able to attend? Click all that apply.

Poll ended at Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Sat., Sept 2nd
18%
Sun., Sept 3rd
18%
Sat., Sept 9th
32%
Sun., Sept 10th
29%
None of the Above
3%

Total votes: 34

Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Winter Meetings, 2025

#1 Post by Morris Ragland »

As we head towards the end of the 2025 season, let's look ahead to the Winter Meetings. While I don't have an off-season schedule hammered out yet, it does appear that the Winter Meetings are going to land on the weekend of September 2nd. I can moderate on either day, so I thought I'd poll the league as to what day works best.

For new GMs, a bit about the Winter Meetings. This is a non-mandatory live league event which begins at 1 pm eastern time and is held in the PEBA chat room, just click on the "PEBA Live Chat" link in the forums. This event runs for two hours. Every half hour I advance the sim one day.

What happens at the Winter Meetings?
  • (Good-natured) Trash talking and general chatter amongst the GMs.
  • Announcements that a certain player is being shopped, or that a team has a particular need that it’s looking to fill via trade.
  • Announcements of trades between GMs (made by me).
  • Free Agency updates every half hour sim.
  • GMs announce CP spending, if they wish (the CP spending deadline will be the following Monday).
  • Posting of news articles that appear in-game during these sims.
  • Rumor-mongering!
Most trade restrictions are lifted during the Winter Meetings as per Article VII, and trades executed during the Winter Meetings can earn GMs extra CP. A GM earns 25 CP for making at least one trade at the winter meetings involving a player from his 40-man roster or a Top 10 prospect. GMs negotiate trades in chat and enter the trade in the 'Completed Trades' thread as normal, but additionally send me a PM regarding their trade (one GM composes PM informing me of the trade, and the other GM replies via PM confirming the trade). I then announce the trade in chat.

Feel free to use this thread to ask any WM related questions, or to get some pre-WM chatter going.

I'll announce the real life date of the Winter Meetings in this thread on Monday, August 21st.

See you all in San Diego!
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Winter Meetings, 2025

#2 Post by Evas »

That is a very snappy logo. Nicely done.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

Bummer my wife is making me go to Denver that weekend. I will try to participate on my phone the best I can. I'll pass on some thoughts to the board on questions with our migration to OOTP18 that maybe we all can discuss then. Looking forward to another great season.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Leones »

Evas wrote:That is a very snappy logo. Nicely done.
Indeed! :clap:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

San Diego?? I guess we'll have to take that new, nifty Bullet Train to LA and Helicopter down... I'll miss the snow in Asheville...

(FYI, I have no preference...)
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by Morris Ragland »

Borealis wrote:San Diego?? I guess we'll have to take that new, nifty Bullet Train to LA and Helicopter down... I'll miss the snow in Asheville...

(FYI, I have no preference...)
I've been informed by the owners of the Grand Bohemian that they won't be done with renovations to the ballroom in time for the Winter Meetings this year. Expect a return to Asheville in 2026!

This year's festivities will be taking place in the Presidential Ballroom of the US Grant Hotel.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Ghosts »

San Diego? Are you guys coming to my house?

I voted for Sept 3.... I will be watching college football all day on the 2nd and am still debating whether I will go to the Trojans opener.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#8 Post by Morris Ragland »

Bears wrote:San Diego? Are you guys coming to my house?

I voted for Sept 3.... I will be watching college football all day on the 2nd and am still debating whether I will go to the Trojans opener.
Heh. Arkansas just happens to be idle that weekend, and New Orleans has a Thursday game, so no football for me.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Ghosts »

A bye in Week 1? That's odd, Trojans have the bye in the last week of season before (hopefully) the Pac12 title game which is also weird.

I probably won't go. We have Stanford and Texas at home in week 2-3. I won't miss those and 3 weeks in a row would be fun but don't want my fiancé to get sick of football in september. That said, even if it's Saturday I'll prob just be on my laptop for PEBA winter meetings doing both which would be fun.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Borealis »

Go Stanford...

Just saying...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Duane »

ummmmm I am not real excited about anything over LaborDay weekend. That is big project time for me and this year the plan includes remove and replace 2 windows, insulation, plywood, and tyvek on the 2nd floor street side. Plus many people travel on holiday weekends.

May I suggest the 9th???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#12 Post by Underground »

I am away from 2nd with no game access for a week so neither day works.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#13 Post by Morris Ragland »

Thoroughbreds wrote:ummmmm I am not real excited about anything over LaborDay weekend. That is big project time for me and this year the plan includes remove and replace 2 windows, insulation, plywood, and tyvek on the 2nd floor street side. Plus many people travel on holiday weekends.

May I suggest the 9th???
In light of this, I have changed the parameters of the poll. Just let me know the days you can attend, and we will hold the Winter Meetings on the day that gets the most votes. If your plans change between now and the 20th, you will be able to change your vote.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#14 Post by Morris Ragland »

Reminder: Voting closes at 1:16 pm tomorrow.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Evas »

The 9th would be the best for me. The first weekend is likely a no-go for me all together.

The second weekend is better, but I might have something planned for that Saturday that would keep me away at least all morning.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”