League Status?

Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: League Status?

#16 Post by Arroyos »

Alleghenies wrote:Crickets.....

Well an update with WV. This may be my ending of the league too. I am very discouraged by what has happened again in our league. With 4 board members, you'd think someone could have run the sims by now.
Patience, Greg. They are doing their best, and running a sym ain't no simple matter. A critical attitude doesn't help them at all.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Duane »

Well an update with WV. This may be my ending of the league too. I am very discouraged by what has happened again in our league. With 4 board members, you'd think someone could have run the sims by now.
I am not a simmer ... I believe only 2 members may run the sim. Also, the issue is not running the sim in general but fixing a schedule problem. They are working on it.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Ghosts »

Sounds like a file issue is the bigger issue... If it was just running sims, I'm sure someone would have stepped up. I have been acting Commish of a league before so I wouldn't even mind helping from time to time (once I get internet back), but I wouldn't be able to solve a file issue that's driven by our unique structure. We had it happen in the WBH before and just had to hang our file on an OOTP server for them to work on it. Ultimately it was fixed and they put a new file up for us to pull in but it did take some time. We're just lucky that OOTP has good customer service!
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Leones »

The state of the league file has been more worrying to me than the current situation with running the sim. I wonder if the files would get cleaned up when we migrate to OOTP18? Can't recall if we ever had a similar situation before.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Ghosts »

Leones wrote:The state of the league file has been more worrying to me than the current situation with running the sim. I wonder if the files would get cleaned up when we migrate to OOTP18? Can't recall if we ever had a similar situation before.
Agreed, there will always be someone to sim as long as there is interest from league members. It's a huge time commitment to those who do it, and from my experience it is a thankless position, but I've always been amazed that when leagues lose a simmer someone always seems to step up if it's a good league. It goes to show how good the PEBA has been and will continue to be based on how many people have picked up the torch to carry things forward. Thank you everyone!
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#21 Post by Alleghenies »

Bulldozers wrote:

Patience, Greg. They are doing their best, and running a sym ain't no simple matter. A critical attitude doesn't help them at all.
Bob,
I've been in league long enough I can be critical.
And the fact that we have a bunch of league memebers, but some can't sim well is just stupid and worthless.

Also this is nothing against the board members, they are great people. It is the structure and this isn't the first time or second time this league has had problems. This is also a testament to how great John Rodriguez was.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Borealis »

Let's go back to Duane's comment - it was a schedule quirk and not any problem with the Board. Could faster communication happen to clue us in? Sure, but everyone is no doubt doing their best. Life happens.

As for our league file issues, I think it's right to be concerned, and I think it's the multiple-migrations and multi-tiered structure and history that we've held onto 'in-game' that leads to some glitches. I also think that our well intended contraction didn't do us any favors - all schedule snafu's I think go right to the current PEBA size.

I'm definitely curious how the schedule problem was resolved.

Most importantly - we, as a group - and I mostly speak to our large veteran group, have survived far more serious issues over our leagues history, and this is but a blip. As long as we keep in mind that with computers, and life, sh*t happens and we remain dedicated to our common cause - and patient, it'll all be good!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#23 Post by Sandgnats »

:clap: Well said Mike!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#24 Post by Alleghenies »

Shisa wrote:Our immediate challenge is working around a scheduling quirk that began our postseason before all teams finished their regular season schedule. Reg struggled with this for a while, but a solution didn't present itself.

Dan will be taking a crack at it, when he has time, but he has real life concerns to attend to as well right now. If Dan isn't able to work a fix, we'll have to appeal to a higher power at Ootp.

We aren't in limbo, exactly, but we likely won't be able to move things forward for a few more days.

I did not see this post, I must have missed it.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#25 Post by Morris Ragland »

No problem Greg. Hang in there.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#26 Post by Sandgnats »

When is the deadline for the next upload for the next simulation?
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#27 Post by Underground »

I have finally been added to game, so hopefully this is a sign the league is starting to move again.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#28 Post by Denny »

Is the scheduling weirdness due to some kind of bug, and if so is it fixed in OOTP18? It would be nice to head this issue off at the pass before next season starts.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#29 Post by Alleghenies »

Codgers wrote:head this issue off at the pass.
I hate that cliche.

https://youtu.be/VjGW2WwDQhM
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#30 Post by Morris Ragland »

First, the good news. There's a little box that we can check to make players playoff eligible.

With respect to Mike Hale, I don't necessarily think the game was wrong to exclude him, however, in this case I can see where his GM would have thought placing him on the 7 day DL would not have affected his status, so I'll recommend that we wave the magic commish's wand and make him eligible. Since it has a bye, Aurora can add him to the playoff roster the sim after next (i.e., the second wild card sim).

Second, if all the wild card teams (Hartford, Kentucky, Bakersfield, and Crystal Lake) get their exports in, we'll go ahead and sim the first two games of the wild card series this evening. Otherwise, consider Sunday night your export deadline.

Third, if anybody else has issues with their team they want dealt with before the next sim is processed, shoot me a PM.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”