Status of league file?

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Status of league file?

#1 Post by Alleghenies »

Well here are a few things I have noticed and I am starting to think something my be hinky with our league file...And I think you and the rest of the board should maybe have Markus look into it as I am losing faith in our file and am going to start being more vocal about it..

Canton has no transactions recorded but I know they made cuts this last sim (sure other teams also, but since they had my Rule 5 guy,I have been following them).
A player on my team gets a 400K contract, when that isn't even legal.
No rule 5 players are being returned to the teams (which I reported in past).
Sometimes when players are cut, they aren't officially cut (off roster, but still in organization) and I have to recut them the next week even though in transactions it says they are cut (also reported in past).
If I am Evas declined to give a guy Barton M. arb and I think he tried to cut him, what happened while he wasn't on any of the teams rosters, they are still owned by your team so he got his arb number and then he wasn't even on rosters.

These are a lot of bugs popping up which I haven't seen in my own games....
Anyone notice other things?
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Status of league file?

#2 Post by Leones »

Yes we've noted some other oddities here:

http://pebabaseball.com/boards/viewtopi ... 25&t=10152
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Evas »

Alleghenies wrote:If I am Evas declined to give a guy Barton M. arb and I think he tried to cut him, what happened while he wasn't on any of the teams rosters, they are still owned by your team so he got his arb number and then he wasn't even on rosters.

These are a lot of bugs popping up which I haven't seen in my own games....
Anyone notice other things?
The Barton M. thing was some sort of glitch. I think he had a team option that I declined to pick up, but he wound up on my roster anyway. I wound up trading him, so no harm done in the end.

I'm not sure if there is anything to be done, really. I'm not surprised there are some issues with the league file being in season 20 or so. Plus we've restructured the league at least twice and have had half a dozen or so simmers.

We are using OOTP is pretty custom ways. Bugs are not that surprising. The best we can do is keep an eye out and stomp them out when we see them.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Ghosts »

I know I'm a newb here but we had similar issues in the WBH when I was in it. Same story - custom setup - our was with promotion and relegation so teams changing leagues every year. We did an expansion and did a contraction, and went through multiple simmers. I think when you have such a unique universe and a lot of changes it's going to happen from time to time. We just have to do our best to identify bugs and act in good faith to fix them as we see them.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”