Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#136 Post by Borealis »

Speaking about the draft - to get back on track...

Aurora's top two picks signed on the first try, as SP Brandon Waters and LF Ricardo Zamora signed for $1.12M and $2.1M, respectively. I do have to say that I hate how the game's transaction log states that they are 'demoted' when you move them off of DFA - it's not as if they're on the 40-man or any other roster...

The other three expecting bonuses have yet to respond - 2B Arthur Bonsall (easy), CF Joey Walker (hard) and SP Craig White (very hard - though he only wants $140K, we offered 240K...)...

Amongst the early results, 13th round pick, SP Volmer van de Loo went 4.2 innings in his debut, 2 H, and an unearned run, with 6 K and 3 BB... Also looking good as the Oceanic won both their games was 5th rounder from 2024, SP Jiro Oike, who also went 4.2, 4 H, 1 R, 3 K - and perhaps an early promotion to the train wreck that is SLRC...

Speaking of SLRC - we're so concerned about the poor play and attitude there that we are uncertain if we should start Zamora there - which would normally be our reference (in this instance), but fear the environment would be toxic to his growth...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#137 Post by Reg »

Borealis wrote:I can't speak for others, but I haven't been getting the emails when Reg runs the sim; not sure why, so I've been checking the forums at the time that I expect it's been run - and then I just keep checking. Also note the message here about the change in sim times...
That is actually something that Dan and I are currently working on. It seems that, whenever I run the sim, something prevents the email notification from being sent out.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#138 Post by MikeB »

Game also has a snafu saying need to sign guys by 7/05/2023
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#139 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:I can't speak for others, but I haven't been getting the emails when Reg runs the sim; not sure why, so I've been checking the forums at the time that I expect it's been run - and then I just keep checking. Also note the message here about the change in sim times...
I have set the forum to email me when Reg announces the file has been updated; I get an email that the thread has been updated. I have found this to be useful.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#140 Post by Duane »

Thanks RJ ... I think I will do the same
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#141 Post by Ghosts »

After losing 12 of 13, we juggled the lineup a little and got back on track with a 4-2 sim to pull back within a half game of Aurora. I think a Wild Card berth is a more realistic goal than the division, and even there, we're showing a lot of signs of slowing down. We have a big series with Palm Springs coming up as they've closed a lot of ground on us recently.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#142 Post by MikeB »

Seems the all-star voting is upon us and I might point out StatsLab isn't up to date on stats in the voting area (coughJorgecoughcoughNunezcoughshamelessplug).
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#143 Post by Reg »

Coqui wrote:Seems the all-star voting is upon us and I might point out StatsLab isn't up to date on stats in the voting area (coughJorgecoughcoughNunezcoughshamelessplug).
:lol:

Anyway, everything is up to date now!

We will give everyone until Tuesday evening to get their votes in for the all-star game (Wednesday will be needed to get the final list ready). The SL and IL All-Star teams will be announced in time for the upcoming sim on Wednesday evening, so go out and vote! ;-D
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#144 Post by Borealis »

A Neat Week for Aurora after the Debacle in Duluth...

- 4-game sweep of Okinawa that included a pair of extra-inning games - back-to-back, the first of which went 13, with Theron Boswell ending with a walk-off 3-run HR... the second one went 10, Shisa closer Gary Stanley blowing the save as Boswell tied the game in the bottom of the 9th with a triple, ruining an awesome day by Bill Lewis, then Boswell doubled in the 10th to win the game!

-Oh, BTW, Boswell for the All-Star game - his .335 is tops for Aurora, 3rd best in the SL... and .519 for the past sim...

- Aurora followed the Okinawa sweep with a sweep of the Yumans... The 7-0 week upped Aurora's lead in the DH to 3.5 over the Bears, and the recent strong play has coincided with a slump by the Evil Evas, and as we have just passed under the 100-games left mark, the once big deficit for Aurora is just a game...

- Also Neat was the remaining 3 draftees signing - all on the first offer, including 'Extremely Hard' to sign SP Craig White, Aurora's 5th round pick. It's nice when those guys only ask for $180K - it makes going overboard with your offer so much easier - $240K and a ticket to Hawaii - ThankYouVeryMuch... Aurora also signed one of the draftees they had left, high on the remainder of their draft board - LF Louis Chantler, out of Outback State

What's on Tap:
The Codgers come to The Front Range for four leading into the All-Star Game...

EDIT:
Oh... I did forget the one Not So Neat of the week: Mike Britt strains his elbow making a defensive play and will miss 5 weeks - the third straight year he's missed significant time due to injury... Teddy Loetzsch and Harley Schneider will get the first licks at 3B...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#145 Post by Duane »

Great news .......Ronald Lowry has his average up to .155 Is his time in Kentucky (and possibly PEBA) coming to an end?
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#146 Post by Sandgnats »

All good things...
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#147 Post by Leones »

Boy have we got a strange schedule. :) According to our team's home page (http://pebabaseball.com/reports/news/ht ... m_163.html) our next game is on Oct 13, then we apparently time travel back to July 8 for a two game series against San Juan. :-B
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#148 Post by MikeB »

We now have an inter-dimensional rivalry! See you on the other side of the wormhole.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#149 Post by Evas »

Pretty happy with my haul in international Free Agency.
  • SP Hyo-cheong Pak has #1-#2 SP potential and very good intangibles.
  • 1B Clyde Stinton seemed like the best bat of the crop this year. He needs to learn a position, but there's plenty of time for that.
  • C Barry Gillard could be a hidden bargain. OSA rates him as 9-9-7-6-7 offensive potential.
I missed out on SP Pedro Montés and RF Taylor Penaligan. I liked both of those guys. But at least missing out on them kept me just under the $2.8M cap.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#150 Post by Zephyrs »

My team sucks and there is no cause for hope in the near future.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”