Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#121 Post by MikeB »

Yeah. Team effort so far. Have five OFs hitting so have to return Rule 5 Chris Jensen to give myself a full contingent of pitchers for the long stretch coming up.

My most interesting stat:
Duane Higgins still leading my team in runs and RBI despite being probably my worst hitter so far (.228, .268, .389).

Breakdown:
Bases empty: .194, .233, .276
Runners in scoring position: .319, .370, .681
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#122 Post by Arroyos »

Coqui wrote:Yeah. Team effort so far. Have five OFs hitting so have to return Rule 5 Chris Jensen to give myself a full contingent of pitchers for the long stretch coming up.

Duane Higgins still leading my team in runs and RBI despite being probably my worst hitter so far (.228, .268, .389).

Breakdown:
If your WORST hitter is hitting .228, you got nothing to complain about. Yuma's lineup includes 6 hitters near or below .228.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#123 Post by Borealis »

Bulldozers wrote:
Coqui wrote:Yeah. Team effort so far. Have five OFs hitting so have to return Rule 5 Chris Jensen to give myself a full contingent of pitchers for the long stretch coming up.

Breakdown:
If your WORST hitter is hitting .228, you got nothing to complain about. Yuma's lineup includes 6 hitters near or below .228.
Ai-Ya!! That's enough to send a GM looney!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#124 Post by Arroyos »

Borealis wrote:
Bulldozers wrote:

Breakdown:
This GM is still trying to make some trades to reduce our budget and increase the talent in our minor leagues. Anyone interested?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#125 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:
Bulldozers wrote:

Breakdown:

And the damn injury bug!..... I guess that's what we get being a buggy team. Would be nice for my guys to show up at the park.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#126 Post by Zephyrs »

Our rookie manager keeps arguing for Héctor Rivera to go to the bulpen and I keep telling him I want him in the rotation. For cryin out loud Whitey, Rivera has a 0.30 ERA! And he is 3-0 as a starter. As you can imagine, I am not giving in on this.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#127 Post by Reg »

Zephyrs wrote:Our rookie manager keeps arguing for Héctor Rivera to go to the bulpen and I keep telling him I want him in the rotation. For cryin out loud Whitey, Rivera has a 0.30 ERA! And he is 3-0 as a starter. As you can imagine, I am not giving in on this.
Turns out, Whitey is quite the bossy-pants.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Kyle Miller
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#128 Post by Kyle Miller »

I find it interesting that Shen Seiki has played 6 less games than me, just about 60 games into the season, (ive played 63 they have 57) Not sure why the schedule would be so variable

Also I was stupid last sim and forgot to export... I sent all the draftees offers, i spent ample time in the file while writing the essay, but i forgot to hit the stupid export button (or my internet was bad when i did and it didnt take). :(. Whatever i still went 5-1
Kyle Miller
Toyama Wind Dancers
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#129 Post by Borealis »

It was 2,322 regular season PEBA games over 15 seasons - and for the first time in my tenure (I believe), Aurora was no-hit. 'Rainmaker' throttled the Borealis on a very uncharacteristic night when they struck out 14!!! times - Giles and Medrano 3 times each...

Want Irony?? SLRC was also no-hit - ON THE SAME DAY!!! by National City's 'Shark' Gamble, a 6th round draftee of Pam Springs last season...

Man...

Things got worse for Aurora, as in game 2 of the Duluth series they were held scoreless until a 9th inning 2-run homer by Carlisle tie the game - only to see 'Javelin' cough it up in the bottom of the ninth on a pinch hit hR by Paul Dillworth...

Game three was equally ugly, so a real wasted opportunity while K-Zoo swept the Evil Evas...

All in All... Not So Neat!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#130 Post by Wind Dancers »

As I had hoped, Harford went 5-1 this week against two of the weaker teams in the IL. Carlos Ryan has been playing like a man possessed earning the IL player of the week. Since slotting him in at 5/6 he has been cleaning up after the heart of the lineup which is any easy source of RBI's behind Cedeno, Edwards, Carver, Francis, etc. Mike Harris spent the week rehabbing in Lincoln and will make his return to Hartford this week which is a much-anticipated boost at the plate as he will likely return to the #2 spot in the lineup.

In draft news, 3 of my picks signed during the week while I also lost 1 due to his desire to attend college (Haywood Riley). I have 3 players left waiting for an answer, one of which is my first rounder, Ramon Guzman. Hopefully, he accepts this week so he can start getting reps in short-A.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#131 Post by Duane »

Harpoon wrote:As I had hoped, Harford went 5-1 this week against two of the weaker teams in the IL. Carlos Ryan has been playing like a man possessed earning the IL player of the week. Since slotting him in at 5/6 he has been cleaning up after the heart of the lineup which is any easy source of RBI's behind Cedeno, Edwards, Carver, Francis, etc. Mike Harris spent the week rehabbing in Lincoln and will make his return to Hartford this week which is a much-anticipated boost at the plate as he will likely return to the #2 spot in the lineup.

In draft news, 3 of my picks signed during the week while I also lost 1 due to his desire to attend college (Haywood Riley). I have 3 players left waiting for an answer, one of which is my first rounder, Ramon Guzman. Hopefully, he accepts this week so he can start getting reps in short-A.
There was a sim with draft negotiations? I can't find results
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#132 Post by Wind Dancers »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Harpoon wrote:As I had hoped, Harford went 5-1 this week against two of the weaker teams in the IL. Carlos Ryan has been playing like a man possessed earning the IL player of the week. Since slotting him in at 5/6 he has been cleaning up after the heart of the lineup which is any easy source of RBI's behind Cedeno, Edwards, Carver, Francis, etc. Mike Harris spent the week rehabbing in Lincoln and will make his return to Hartford this week which is a much-anticipated boost at the plate as he will likely return to the #2 spot in the lineup.

There was a sim with draft negotiations? I can't find results

Yep, the sim last night was the first week of draft negotiations.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#133 Post by Borealis »

Thoroughbreds wrote:There was a sim with draft negotiations? I can't find results
Hey Denny... Sunday night's sim (post draft) was the first where you could make your initial offers t your draftees who require bonuses. Last night's sim was the first with those results, plus it ran the first two days of the S A season...
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#134 Post by Duane »

I didn't get email and don't see anything in statslab. Didn't know it was run.
Yes, my draftee offers are placed - waiting to see results
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#135 Post by Borealis »

I can't speak for others, but I haven't been getting the emails when Reg runs the sim; not sure why, so I've been checking the forums at the time that I expect it's been run - and then I just keep checking. Also note the message here about the change in sim times...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”