Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#331 Post by Sandgnats »

CL is exported back to Florida and ready to go.

:catcher:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#332 Post by Duane »

(o) :angelic-green: :-S :puke-front: X-I :-{ :bunny:

Dang, wish I could see the results
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#333 Post by Sandgnats »

Congratulations to Ken (and Duane) for the victory. Those were some gut moves with putting pitchers out there on short rest to hold our offense to one run in the last 2 games. Much respect for that! Tough one run loss in game 6 and that was all my boys had left in the tank. My team exceed any expectations I had this year and went on a great run with exciting series. Oh and the extra playoff money will make Mr. Dole, my owner, very happy.

I want to thank everyone for an exciting season. We have a really strong community here and should be proud of it.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#334 Post by Duane »

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

IL RULES!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(official press release to follow shortly)
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#335 Post by KenH »

Wow guys. I have been distant this year due to some technical issues at the beginning and then some personal stuff in the middle, and then just... not having a great way to log on to sim at the end there but I'm blown away by the success of my Featherheads. I owe so much of the season to my friends who helped caretake the team during my extended absences, namely RJ (ironically enough) and Duane, who managed my team in the post season. You guys are awesome!

My MVP has to be Francisco Robles who came back on short rest in game 7 and threw the game of his life. I have to imagine that it was in no small part due to the crushing defeat he suffered against Aurora last year and the subsequent release from none other than the Gnats that lit that fire in his belly and allowed him to come up with the win in game 7. My other players were awesome… even though we were missing a third of our optimal line-up we still kept enough offensive firepower to come out with a win. Just amazing stuff.

With RJ being my main trade partner this off-season, it seemed fitting that we meet up in the championship as well. I'm amazed by how well RJ runs his team and the passion he brings to the league. So glad to have you in here, man. We were actually hanging out at the same event we were at last year during the contraction draft when we learned we would be playing each other in the championship. It’s been a crazy year since that draft – getting engaged and getting involved in like a thousand other things – that it kind of all starts to seem like a bit of a blur.

I appreciate all of you other GMs who keep this league thriving despite changes and hiccups. You guys are awesome as well.

This off-season I hope to get back into podcasting with RJ and letting us talk more about PEBA on a more consistent basis. Bloviation will be imminent.
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#336 Post by Leones »

Congrats to both clubs for a well fought contest. I'm especially keen on hearing a new podcast! ;-D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#337 Post by Zephyrs »

Arbitration is so frustrating. I really like BJ Gassaway and kinda like Sancho Yanez but both are pretty certain to get their walking papers soon. Gassaway is expected to receive 3.6 mill and Yanez 2.3 mill in arbitration. Why? Gassaway has averaged 1 WAR and Yanez has averaged 0 WAR. Both stink on defense are are below average with the bat. I have grown attached to them emotionally but my brain says "don't let the door hit you in the a$$." They are just not worth the money.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#338 Post by Evas »

Wow. Congrats on a hell of a finish, Ken.

I don't think many would have bet on FLA going in to the playoffs, but you proved them all wrong. What a great season.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#339 Post by Borealis »

Congrats Ken!! Well fought, exciting series - and congrats to the 'gnats for representing the SL so well!!

There will be a few members of the Borealis - longstanding members, who will be getting their walking papers in some capacity: Bryant Burris, who has a friendly team option, but the time has come for him to move on - despite the fine season he had (Sad!!!); Rusty Butler, who is arby eligible and had a great season as back up - and a pretty sizable arby estimate (no back-up catcher should be in the top half of a teams salary schedule); Mercado, who has never really seemed to click enough to warrant the playing time, and won't be offered arbitration (not Fake News)... Negrete, Hale and Toro are Free Agents - Negrete wants 'Tugboat' money, and Castro and Gutiérrez are ready for the big time and will share catching duties... Hale's demands aren't 'crazy', but the money ain't there this offseason (bad timing! Sad!!)... There are a few lesser names who won't be offered arbitration/contracts... I think...

The Big, early offseason questions will be: With Hale (presumably) moving on, will Pope move to CF full time and will 'Fudd' take over in LF? Will Jose Torres' excellent AA season result in a quick call-up to the Big leagues? The 3-5 rotation spots we very inconsistent - and cost Aurora in the end - where will help come from, and at what cost?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#340 Post by Wind Dancers »

Congrats to both teams!

With some careful negotiating, it looks like Hartford will field close to the same roster next season with a few call-ups from AAA. Most importantly, all of the core players including Ray Graham should be making a return while JUST staying under budget. Rumor has it Dwight Carver will be leaving Hartford to make room for Cedeno's move to Third.

On that note, since the season is over, are we able to post trades now?
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#341 Post by Morris Ragland »

Harpoon wrote:On that note, since the season is over, are we able to post trades now?
Trading will return with the upcoming sim. So, very soon.

You can, of course, negotiate trades any time you like.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#342 Post by Denny »

Congratulations to Florida....I thought they would need a rebuilding year in 2025 but obviously that was not the case! :grin:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#343 Post by Sandgnats »

I love Phil Burns comments about re-signing with Shin Seiki. "Phil just wants to get paid".

At least he's honest Kevin. I hate him and he hated me before we traded him to you.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#344 Post by kiersteadmo »

Sandgnats wrote:I love Phil Burns comments about re-signing with Shin Seiki. "Phil just wants to get paid".

At least he's honest Kevin. I hate him and he hated me before we traded him to you.

I laughed out loud
Mark Kierstead II
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#345 Post by Evas »

Sandgnats wrote:I love Phil Burns comments about re-signing with Shin Seiki. "Phil just wants to get paid".

That is a funny one.

He signed an very reasonable extension. The negotiations were pretty easy too. The only sticking point was my not being willing to guarantee him a starting spot.

I do like how silly OOTP gets at times.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”