Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#1 Post by Reg »

Noticed something neat from our latest sim? This is the place to post it!

Please use this thread for post-sim discussion only.

If you're having a technical problem with a new league file, do not post it here!
Post your tech issues in this thread. We will be monitoring it and will respond ASAP
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#2 Post by Reg »

Spring ball is here ! :D
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Morris Ragland »

:wave:
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

The Borealis start the spring off on a good foot with a 6-1 week, but the tough news - that'll make the Opening Day roster a tad easier to discern, is that Nick Giles is out 4-5 weeks with a broken thumb... Nick was 5-9 after 4 games... That makes Theron Boswell's Opening Day assignment clear - SS, and his first week in Aurora Blue - albeit a Spring week, had him 7-14, 2B, 4 RBI... Pope was 8-18 and Ferringo was 10-24... The Two-Headed Catcher v2.0 was a combined 5-12, 2-2B and 3 RBI... Not to be outdone, Jesus Negrete was a healthy 7-18, 2B and 6 RBI...

Not So Neat from the serious roster contenders were Loetzsch (3-16), Carlisle (4-21) and Justice (2-10). Harley Schneider was 4-18 but had one of Aurora's 6 HRs...

Of particular interest to the Borealis was the work of: Lando Lagerveld, who in his first start went 4 innings of 4 H, 1 R ball. For now we'll chalk up the 3 BB as spring training... Manual Galloca, 6.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R... 'Terror', 4.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#5 Post by Simon »

5-1 start for San Antonio, but record doesnt really concern us in ST.
What we're looking at is individual performance of players, and especially batters, because biggest changes happened (again) there. And it was our worst formation throughout the year too.

Most of my players did good to ok job, except Shoemaker who was on base once and on a walk. On the other hand im happy about Jose Cruz and his 1.310 OPS. Catcher position has been our worst since basically forever and we need Jose to play much better than last year if we want to see playoffs this year.

On pitching side of things our best starting pitchers didnt start any games yet, so its quite surprising we won 5 games without them. Bullpen did pretty good job.

Also two of our best prospects were invited to ST.
First one is SP Neely who started 1 game: 4 innings, 3 runs, 3 walks, no K and no decision.
The other one is CF Raul Ortega - 1 HR, 1 double and 1 walk in 3 started games. He already expects to play in majors, but i cant see that happening this year. Maybe ill give him few games in september.

Overall not bad start to the Spring for San Antonio. We might see one more free agent signed before Opening Day, but other than that we're pretty much set for the year.
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by Wind Dancers »

3-3 for Hartford, can't complain as I'm splitting time in the first few weeks to figure out positional races.
Overall the team has played well as they start to shake off the rust for the upcoming season.

In terms of batters, the core 4 are all hitting over .350 and I 've even had a few surprises so far in spring. AAA 1B Bob Jackson has 4 hits across 9 AB's and is leading the team with 2 SB's.
AA 2B Jack Allen, one of my top prospects, hit his first spring home run despite Power being his lowest attribute by far. He also has 4 hits over 11 AB's.

Pitching has been a bit shaky, but what's important is getting that pitch count up and ready for opening day.
3/6 of my spring starters have given up exactly 3 runs over 4 innings resulting in a 6.75 ERA. But new signing Jun'ichi 'Hobo' Yoshino allowed just 2 hits en-route to 4 shutout innings.
Prospect John Yates has also caught my eye throwing 4 shutouts innings in relief and grabbing his first win of the spring.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#7 Post by Morris Ragland »

Zero injuries. This is literally all I ask of a spring training sim.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#8 Post by Wind Dancers »

Shisa wrote:Zero injuries. This is literally all I ask of a spring training sim.

You better find some wood and knock on it!
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Reg »

For those looking for access to player and team stats from outside the game file, the HTML report is now up to date! :D
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#10 Post by Sandgnats »

Thanks Reg. The html is how I spend my time at work...
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Leones »

Me too! :smile:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#12 Post by Zephyrs »

Hope Springs Eternal! I am hoping the Zephyrs can transform into a .500 team this season. Our rotation should consist of some combination of Sato, Guthrie, Ladner and Hector Rivera. Lefties Michael Johnson and Jose Martinez will battle for the final spot. I am thinking that Martinez's control issues might play better in the bullpen. We have decided to move Jhong-shun 'Earthquake' Kong into the Closer role. Anyway, a few new faces for the pitching staff.

On the hitting/defense side, we have a ton of options to choose from on the spring squad. At catcher free agent acquisition Joe Johnson will hold down the fort until prospects Aisley and jiminez are ready (both look close). We will have Leach at 1B, Gassaway at 2B, rookie John Lawson at 3B and defensive whiz Troazo Kodama at SS. Gassaway plays questionable defense but the rest are pretty solid with the glove. I am hoping Kodama can hit a little better to compliment his great defense. For the outfield we are expecting good things from the trio of LF Reggie Meyers, CF Roy Meeks and RF Héctor Martínez. All three have not quite performed to the level of their potential.

We may look to grab a piece or two lingering on the free agent market if there is anyone left worth looking at but the team appears to be pretty well set.........PLAY BALL!
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Duane »

Still not a fan of V17 .... ST has come and completely ignored my rotation selections with Slayer starting games 1 and 2, Camacho games 4 and 6.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#14 Post by Alleghenies »

Thoroughbreds wrote:Still not a fan of V17 .... ST has come and completely ignored my rotation selections with Slayer starting games 1 and 2, Camacho games 4 and 6.
Use 7 day lineups and on option for subs, put no.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Duane »

Alleghenies wrote:
Thoroughbreds wrote:Still not a fan of V17 .... ST has come and completely ignored my rotation selections with Slayer starting games 1 and 2, Camacho games 4 and 6.
Use 7 day lineups and on option for subs, put no.
Really never had issue before without using 7-days .... accept last season the game kept forcing a change with my #1 and #2 starter reversing them.

========================================
fhomess wrote:
Saturday, February 8th, 2025
Kentucky Thoroughbreds: Signed free agent SS Ronald Lowry to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,000,000.
:cry:
sorry, we needed the backup after not extending 3 of 4 mid-inf (and both starting SS and 2B) Lowry still seems solid to teach a couple of kids
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”