Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#496 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:
Bears wrote:Rumor has it, the Borealis will need to change not only all of their signs but their methodology for assigning indicators and bluffs of all of their calls.
Which will be No Problemo, see we will have TWO Rookie catchers this year...
And the "Doberman" bark signals.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#497 Post by Ghosts »

I guess with a 9 day sim you can't place people on Waivers? We wanted to send Angel Lujan to AAA since he's making $5M and had option years remaining. His DFA time must have ran out due to the longer sim.... can I get some clarification on that? Seems like in this instance he could have been sent to AAA... maybe he had the right to refuse AAA assignment and did? In no case would I have released him, but I guess that's water under the bridge. Ugh, just frustrating that basically when I put him on Waivers 2 sims ago I basically had zero control to stop this, or did I?
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#498 Post by Morris Ragland »

Bears wrote:I guess with a 9 day sim you can't place people on Waivers? We wanted to send Angel Lujan to AAA since he's making $5M and had option years remaining. His DFA time must have ran out due to the longer sim.... can I get some clarification on that? Seems like in this instance he could have been sent to AAA... maybe he had the right to refuse AAA assignment and did? In no case would I have released him, but I guess that's water under the bridge. Ugh, just frustrating that basically when I put him on Waivers 2 sims ago I basically had zero control to stop this, or did I?
I had to release two players last sim. Both players refused demotion and both teams had full 40-man rosters, so my hands were tied. I simply had nowhere to put those guys.

I've edited the sim notes to reflect this.

I want everybody to understand that I consider releasing your players to be a last resort.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#499 Post by Arroyos »

Sandgnats wrote:
Borealis wrote:I think the Bears have been drinking that Yuman Agua... I've a SS available for your #1 pick if you want a player from Aurora...
HAHAHAHAHAHA

If Bob had a dollar every time we discussed Yuma water.......
Actually, Bob gets 33 cents for every bottle of Yuma water discussed on this website. He is rolling in pennies!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#500 Post by Ghosts »

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I should have anticipated this with the 7 then 9 day sim. He had options left so in retrospect, I think I could have tried to demote him before he cleared waivers, right? If I could have, that confirms that I'm dumb. Not my first roster F'up (Hall ineligible for playoffs last year) and I'm sure it won't be my last. :oops:
Dan Vail
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#501 Post by Alleghenies »

Bears wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I guess I should have anticipated this with the 7 then 9 day sim. He had options left so in retrospect, I think I could have tried to demote him before he cleared waivers, right? If I could have, that confirms that I'm dumb. Not my first roster F'up (Hall ineligible for playoffs last year) and I'm sure it won't be my last. :oops:

Even with option he had the right to refuse going down, so that wouldn't have mattered.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#502 Post by Nigel »

If he had option years left I don't get why you didn't just demote him? There was no need to waive him, he would have still refused the demotion but at least you would have found that out without having him on waivers
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#503 Post by Ghosts »

Badgers wrote:If he had option years left I don't get why you didn't just demote him? There was no need to waive him, he would have still refused the demotion but at least you would have found that out without having him on waivers
Yeah, I don't know I just missed it that he had options until after I had already waived him. I guess I assumed 30-something guy, I had to waive & DFA to try and demote. Argh, live and you learn, but if I had known he was gonna reject the demotion, I would have just kept him as my long man in the pen. Definitely didn't wanna lose his rotation depth and have to pay him.
Dan Vail
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#504 Post by Borealis »

The bad luck was that this was the Spring Training Sim and you could have just kept him on the roster until cut-down day - who knows, you might have needed him...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#505 Post by Alleghenies »

Badgers wrote:If he had option years left I don't get why you didn't just demote him? There was no need to waive him, he would have still refused the demotion but at least you would have found that out without having him on waivers
Players with option years can refuse to be demoted if they have ^. The Bears player did, so he couldn't have done anything different to send him down.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#506 Post by kiersteadmo »

Warriors wrote:David Uribes at 14.8 now, says he will resign for 9 to 9.5 mil a year ..... That is a keeper to me.

Now he is asking for 7.5m then lowers to 7 mil...

Is he realizing he might be getting old for the game :lol: :lol:
Mark Kierstead II
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#507 Post by kiersteadmo »

Injury bug had already hit several teams. 4 to 5 pitchers just this sim.
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#508 Post by Borealis »

I'm not sure which thread we are posting in now (in the past, the new thread begins Opening Day)... I had a big pre-spring thing near ready for posting, then my browser went - POOF!!

So, for now, the big news thus far has been Tomas Flores, Mike Hales replacement, via Duluth. He's hitting .560 (14-25) with 3 HR... 'Fudd' Martinez, getting his first look at Big League camp sits at .368... Newbie SP Clark Snow (from Amsterdam) has allowed 2 R over 8 IP, with 9 K... The other Amsterdam arm on the Front Range, Carlos Rivera, is looking more comfortable in Aurora Blue, with 0 R in his 8 IP... All Pretty Neat!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#509 Post by Morris Ragland »

Borealis wrote:I'm not sure which thread we are posting in now (in the past, the new thread begins Opening Day)...
I figured that we'd all have 2025 out of our systems by spring training.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#510 Post by Borealis »

Commish wrote:
Borealis wrote:I'm not sure which thread we are posting in now (in the past, the new thread begins Opening Day)...
I figured that we'd all have 2025 out of our systems by spring training.
Phew... so I can let go of SLCS Game 7...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”