Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#421 Post by Denny »

Was an almanac created at the end of the 2025 season? I seem to remember that commissioners had to do that at the end of previous years, but I don't know if it was directly related to history etc.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#422 Post by Morris Ragland »

Codgers wrote:Was an almanac created at the end of the 2025 season? I seem to remember that commissioners had to do that at the end of previous years, but I don't know if it was directly related to history etc.
Giving that a try.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#423 Post by MikeB »

Hate to say but I have some oddities on my roster. Won Il-Chon and Kyoichi Kato (who is someone else when you click on him) are taking up spots on my 40-man roster and there is no ability to place either on waivers. I also have a guy named Ishii DFA. None of these players existed previously. I also have guys who last played with MED? (AA) in 2023 in my minor leagues and Robin Baldwin showed up at Santa Domingo (apparently trying to sneak on to claim his vesting option despite me releasing him last year).
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#424 Post by Borealis »

Coqui wrote:Hate to say but I have some oddities on my roster. Won Il-Chon and Kyoichi Kato (who is someone else when you click on him) are taking up spots on my 40-man roster and there is no ability to place either on waivers. I also have a guy named Ishii DFA. None of these players existed previously. I also have guys who last played with MED? (AA) in 2023 in my minor leagues and Robin Baldwin showed up at Santa Domingo (apparently trying to sneak on to claim his vesting option despite me releasing him last year).
I've got a number of guys in my organization - especially at Mokule'ia, who I have know idea why they aren't with their actual teams...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#425 Post by Alleghenies »

I got a couple guys I don't know on my DFA list and when I click on them it lists a different player....
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#426 Post by kiersteadmo »

I had my minor leagues all set with full rosters now my AAA team has 35/27 players, The extra players are not even in our league and cannot removed or released
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#427 Post by Wind Dancers »

Also experiencing the same issues. Random players replacing my own in the minors, including my #1 pick in the draft last season who is now nowhere to be found.

OOTP also crashes when I try to open the player dev report.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#428 Post by Denny »

Seeing same oddities here. Also OOTP18 *quits* unexpectedly after downloading the new league file....I have to start up OOTP18 again and load the file, which has the new date and apparently all changes, but it still does not seem like proper behavior.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#429 Post by Sandgnats »

Alleghenies wrote:I got a couple guys I don't know on my DFA list and when I click on them it lists a different player....
Same here.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#430 Post by Morris Ragland »

Without specific names of players, I have no way of troubleshooting.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#431 Post by Morris Ragland »

Coqui wrote:Hate to say but I have some oddities on my roster. Won Il-Chon and Kyoichi Kato (who is someone else when you click on him) are taking up spots on my 40-man roster and there is no ability to place either on waivers. I also have a guy named Ishii DFA. None of these players existed previously. I also have guys who last played with MED? (AA) in 2023 in my minor leagues and Robin Baldwin showed up at Santa Domingo (apparently trying to sneak on to claim his vesting option despite me releasing him last year).
I don't see any of the players you mention, other than Baldwin. I don't see where Baldwin left your organization. If you DFA'd him, and his DFA time expired, then I would have dumped him on your AAA roster.

It sounds like you, and others are having trouble with corrupted league files.

The only working link for a current league file is this one:

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/peba ... EBA.lg.zip

Once you have this file installed, you should be able to update in-game.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#432 Post by Morris Ragland »

Codgers wrote:Seeing same oddities here. Also OOTP18 *quits* unexpectedly after downloading the new league file....I have to start up OOTP18 again and load the file, which has the new date and apparently all changes, but it still does not seem like proper behavior.
Denny, Ootp tells me that you've not made an export since the migration, so I don't think anything took there.

I think you need to scrap that league file entirely and download/install this one:

Then update in-game and see if you are seeing the same problems.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#433 Post by Morris Ragland »

Another thing we may be seeing in Ootp, and that I noticed with a couple of teams I'm looking at, is that those players that fell through the couch cushions in our organizations in v.17 showed back up in v.18 and had to be assigned in the organization before the sim could continue. They were typically placed on AAA rosters. This is actually a good thing, since v.18 seems to be fixing a problem we noticed in a prior version.

Check the history of your players, and you'll probably see them being acquired a while ago, and then nothing (Duluth AAA C Dan Sarazan is an example). If you don't want that player, you can simply release them.

If you're clicking on players and getting a profile for a completely different player, then you likely have a corrupt league file (a different issue), which unfortunately can only be cured by reinstalling the league file and updating again in-game. If problem persists, then we've got some other problem.

Again, this is the only working link for the PEBA league file:

Morris Ragland
Commissioner
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#434 Post by kiersteadmo »

my AAA team Rancine Lakers when hover over or click the following player are not the same

SP Bobby Budgel is instead C Dave Van Der Knaap of the Okinawa Shisa
SP Harry Dondale is instead SS Francisco Gonzales of Arlington
SP Cesar Torres is instead C Koto Hayashi RETIRED
RP Hector Rodriguez is instead 3B Carlos Alonso of Mauna Loa Vulcans Surf and Snow Amalglamation (A)
RP Shigeaki Sato is instead 2B Jose Cabrera of Barow Artic Blast Surf and Snow Amalglamation (A)
SS Roberto Chavez is instead LF Juan Andres of Ensenada Ceniccienta del Pacifico North American Farm team Association (A)
RF Asura Thako is instead SP Chong-chun Kim of New Jersey

My AA Team Mississauga Cherries
C Jean-Paul Deslaurier is instead 2B Tom Barfoot of Yasu Storks Surf and Snow Amalglamation (A) Now Asian as well

My A Team Rapid City Rushmore
SP Antonio Sanchez is instead 1B Harrison Fulcher of Laini City Pineapples Surf and Snow Amalglamation (A)
RP Guillermo Jimenez is instead SP Sojuro Nato of Chesapeake Bay Oysters Global Baseball Brotherhoob (AAA)
C Fransisco Aleman is instead C Steven Trease of Club Deportiva Zaragoza Toros
C Roberto De La Cruz is instead SS Herbert Bergin of Fargo
SS Jonh-pil Yi is instead SS Felipe Alverez of Yuma
LF Julian Montoya is instead 2B Don Prest of Wasilla Sledge Dogs Surf and Snow Amalglamation (A)

My A team Kailua Hanso
SP Juan Marquez is instead CF Casper Gray of Kingston Suns North American Farm team Association (A)
CL Keiji Hondo is instead RP Justin Saunders FREE AGENT
2B Pedro Regalago is instead C Clyde Lethbridge of Anchorage Mighty Moose Surf and Snow Amalglamation (A)
SS Tsuramatsu Sumita is instead SS Carl Lebel of Kenei Traders Surf and Snow Amalglamation (A)
CF Hector Alvarrado is instead SP Wesley Bridge of Kenei Traders Surf and Snow Amalglamation (A)

* DFA player not mine, I never had a DFA player

This is what I see going player to play on all my rosters
Last edited by kiersteadmo on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#435 Post by Wind Dancers »

Looks like I will need to redownload the file when I get home from work. The biggest name for me was 2B Ramon Guzman who is nowhere to be found. At least he shows up in the reports so I should still have him when I re-download.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”