Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#406 Post by Dinosaurs »

Sandgnats wrote:
wrote:
Skipping the draft seems like the cleanest solution. I'd be fine with that.
I second that.

I concure[/quote]

I feel bad for the rebuilding teams. This does hurt the "have nots" and helps the "haves".[/quote]

True that it doesn't help the rebuilding teams, but in general, unless a GM has been asleep at the wheel, you aren't going to typically find a "game changing" prospect.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#407 Post by Borealis »

Well, I'd be willing to negotiate with any of those teams that had an Auroran at the top of their list (not 'Fudd', he may be on our 25-man roster this year - though feel free to tempt me)...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#408 Post by Borealis »

Aaaaaaand.... Back to Baseball News...

There was a big list of retirees, and some big names hung up their cleats after this year...

Amongst those with a Borealis interest:
Bryant Burris - 2nd All-Time in saves; career Borealis
Miguel Salinas - one of the first big-ticket free agents we signed - and only Bear-to-Borealis I can think of
Al Edwards - loved this guy - until he wanted too much and Giles and Britt were set on the left-side
Scott Vinson - the 2nd Head of the original Two-Headed Catcher
'Quagmire' - greed drove him out of Aurora; had a No-No v. Tempe
Roger Bruce - (who brought 'Sawmill' to The Front Range)
Gerardo Rivera - (part of the 'Zoom'-Galvez deal)

Amongst the PEBA Big Names that jump out to me:
Hiroyuki Nii
Bryant Duncan
'Bingo'
Francisco Encarn
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#409 Post by Reg »

Borealis wrote:Aaaaaaand.... Back to Baseball News...

Al Edwards - loved this guy - until he wanted too much and Giles and Britt were set on the left-side
...and he was well-liked here, too. Sadly, he also eventually started asking for more $$$ than we were willing to pay him... Regardless, he was a great, dependable 3B.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#410 Post by Evas »

Bingo is a big one. Has to be in consideration for the HOF. 2,000 Hits and 58+WAR in 14 years is pretty solid.

Jay White is a guy I liked - was a great value for me for a couple seasons.

Nobuhito Hasegawa is a major one for old LRS GM's. He was the cornerstone of NII for many years and lead them the only year I lost the division while in the LRS, back when my brother was running the Ghosts. He dominated the LRS - dropping 64.4 WAR and a .318/.405/.901 line over 11 seasons

He finally got a crack at PEBA in his mid 30's. It didn't really work out as he was only an exactly (OPS+ 100) average hitter at that point. Still, his ratings seemed to hold up unnaturally well. I had coveted him for years (since the very start of the LRS) and finally had the stars align in 2024... he then proceeded to hit .160 for me in 57 PA. Anticlimactic to say the least. His career ended with a whimper, but to me he's a LRS HOF'er for sure.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#411 Post by Akira »

Evas wrote:Nobuhito Hasegawa is a major one for old LRS GM's. He was the cornerstone of NII for many years and lead them the only year I lost the division while in the LRS, back when my brother was running the Ghosts. He dominated the LRS - dropping 64.4 WAR and a .318/.405/.901 line over 11 seasons

He finally got a crack at PEBA in his mid 30's. It didn't really work out as he was only an exactly (OPS+ 100) average hitter at that point. Still, his ratings seemed to hold up unnaturally well. I had coveted him for years (since the very start of the LRS) and finally had the stars align in 2024... he then proceeded to hit .160 for me in 57 PA. Anticlimactic to say the least. His career ended with a whimper, but to me he's a LRS HOF'er for sure.
I actually traded with Nii for Nobuhito, giving up among other things a former 1st round selection- Kata Nakamura, who is at this moment a 36 y.o. FA demanding $24mil per. Hasagawa sat around all last season as a FA and I almost resigned him for sentimental reasons but thought better of it. Definitely an LRS HOFer.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#412 Post by MikeB »

Congrats to New Orleans on signing Heard. Odd because I sent two files since the last sim and neither seemed to get through. Heard was asking $23+m plus and I upped my offer to $21+m. He signed for $20m. Knowing NO was in, I assumed I wouldn't get him anyway, made a definite lower offer and mentally moved on (although it appears he was gaming me by asking that much). On the flip side, Rodriguez signed for less. I had upped my offer to him. Another FA I went in on shows no offer. He's still available so no harm. Just wondering if my file was corrupted or something.

Heard would have been nice. I was 5th in OBP and 11th in HRs last season but the increasing price plus the compensation pick made me think twice so not bothered about losing him. Just wish I would have pushed the price up more... :wink:
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#413 Post by Sandgnats »

Coqui wrote:Congrats to New Orleans on signing Heard. Odd because I sent two files since the last sim and neither seemed to get through. Heard was asking $23+m plus and I upped my offer to $21+m. He signed for $20m. Knowing NO was in, I assumed I wouldn't get him anyway, made a definite lower offer and mentally moved on (although it appears he was gaming me by asking that much). On the flip side, Rodriguez signed for less. I had upped my offer to him. Another FA I went in on shows no offer. He's still available so no harm. Just wondering if my file was corrupted or something.

Heard would have been nice. I was 5th in OBP and 11th in HRs last season but the increasing price plus the compensation pick made me think twice so not bothered about losing him. Just wish I would have pushed the price up more... :wink:
Big Shot loves to jump teams for the cash-money!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#414 Post by Alleghenies »

Coqui wrote:Congrats to New Orleans on signing Heard. Odd because I sent two files since the last sim and neither seemed to get through. Heard was asking $23+m plus and I upped my offer to $21+m. He signed for $20m. Knowing NO was in, I assumed I wouldn't get him anyway, made a definite lower offer and mentally moved on (although it appears he was gaming me by asking that much). On the flip side, Rodriguez signed for less. I had upped my offer to him. Another FA I went in on shows no offer. He's still available so no harm. Just wondering if my file was corrupted or something.

I've had that happen before. That sucks...

I have 6 offers out, but all guys decided to take their time to even give me an answer, so I must wait another sim.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#415 Post by MikeB »

It is odd because today I didn't realize this sim hadn't gone off and I went in game and downloaded the file. Usually it tells me that there is no new file but it gave me a new one and I already had downloaded and sent on Sunday. At first I thought I was in the new file but whatever the case, those changes didn't come out. Nor did the Sunday one. I didn't check the tracker so I will do that from now on. Could have been a game crash on my end and hadn't saved perhaps though I did send the file.

In any case, as I said I had moved on mentally from Mr. Heard and want to keep the four picks I have in the first couple rounds. Was more disappointed he went from $13m to $20m but I did like him more than the other deep class of FA DHs (I gave him the 3rd place vote for the Raker...so congrats to New Orleans. Poor Big Shot has yet to play a playoff game though. :P
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#416 Post by Morris Ragland »

There are other factors besides salary that go into free agent decisions.

Among them are the perceived competitiveness of the team, and club's proximity to a player's hometown.

The Coquis do have a built-in advantage when negotiating with Puerto Rican FAs.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#417 Post by Ghosts »

Alleghenies wrote:

I've had that happen before. That sucks...

I have 6 offers out, but all guys decided to take their time to even give me an answer, so I must wait another sim.
Yeah this happened to me too. I had about 4 offers out and they all disappeared when I downloaded the file on Sunday. I re-offered a few of them for this past sim but I didn't get a response and the offers are gone again. I think that my export went through because my ticket price changed but none of the guys signed, so no big deal. I should probably stop spending money anyways. In both the PEBA and IRL.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#418 Post by Wind Dancers »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but there appears to be a date issue with awards since they were announced in 2026.

With my player John Martin, it says he won the award in 2026 instead of 2025 as you can see in the picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#419 Post by Morris Ragland »

Harpoon wrote:I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but there appears to be a date issue with awards since they were announced in 2026.

With my player John Martin, it says he won the award in 2026 instead of 2025 as you can see in the picture.
Yes, fixing these dates will be on my maintenance list this weekend.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#420 Post by Morris Ragland »

Harpoon wrote:I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but there appears to be a date issue with awards since they were announced in 2026.

I took a crack at this, adjusting the award date to 12/26/25 for some players to see if that would fix it. In the news and history logs, the award years are all referred to as 2025. It's only the little dingus that thinks it's a 2026 award. I don't know how to fix that.

Also, the league history index has no information on 2025 awards. Another problem I don't know how to solve.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”