Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#391 Post by Ghosts »

Evas wrote:To me, this is a major issue. It blows up the long term plans of many teams.

If GM's can have their best prospects stripped because OOTP decided to change who was rule 5 eligible in between sims, I don't see what the point of teams doing all the planning that they do. It breaks the league.

If I had to guess the root cause, I think it might be that the rule 5 draft takes place in 2026, not 2025. Moving in to 2026 seems to have made a whole bunch of players rule 5 eligible.
Yeah I was meaning that I think it will ultimately get fixed by the PEBA powers.

Personally, my top 2 prospects are on the eligible list - I could be wrong but I am 99% positive they were not eligible last sim. I compared the reports to the in-game and they both went from 3 years of Pro Service to 4 years. However, they have both been in the minors for 4 years, not 3. So technically, in game is right? Maybe the year does not register until after the calendar flips?

Not sure how I was supposed to know that though by the letter of the law it might be true. I definitely wouldn't have traded my top OF and a young PEBA OF and then left my top 2 OF prospects exposed. Feels like if we can push the Rule 5 Draft back another sim that would be good. Although it doesn't solve the issue of I definitely protected some guys I wouldn't have knowing my pool of available players is bigger to protect, so now I guess the only solution is to place those players on waivers?
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#392 Post by Dinosaurs »

Count me in as well in having at least 3 really good prospects get bumped onto Rule 5 eligibility between this last sim. I'd vote to have it fixed if possible. Otherwise, I'd vote to just not allow for the Rule 5 draft this offseason as the cost doesn't outweigh the benefit due to this issue.
Last edited by Dinosaurs on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#393 Post by Ghosts »

Dinosaurs wrote:Count me in as well in having a player at least 3 really good prospects get bumped onto Rule 5 eligibility between this last sim. I'd vote to have it fixed if possible. Otherwise, I'd vote to just not allow for the Rule 5 draft this offseason as the cost doesn't outweigh the benefit due to this issue.
I think I would be on board with this. I didn't stand to lose anyone worthwhile (pre-chaos) and was hoping to snag someone but it seems like this would be the easiest fix. Any teams exposed just catch a break, no big deal.
Dan Vail
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#394 Post by Akira »

Evas wrote:To me, this is a major issue. It blows up the long term plans of many teams.

If GM's can have their best prospects stripped because OOTP decided to change who was rule 5 eligible in between sims, I don't see what the point of teams doing all the planning that they do. It breaks the league.

If I had to guess the root cause, I think it might be that the rule 5 draft takes place in 2026, not 2025. Moving in to 2026 seems to have made a whole bunch of players rule 5 eligible.
Exactly. My 2 top prospects all of a sudden became Rule 5 eligible. It certainly would break my organization... and my will to continue.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#395 Post by Borealis »

My advice is to not fret - I can't imagine anyone losing their top prospects - I'll confess, I did move Martinez, against the policy, just to be safe (I'm really sorry in advance Srs Board).
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#396 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis wrote:My advice is to not fret - I can't imagine anyone losing their top prospects - I'll confess, I did move Martinez, against the policy, just to be safe (I'm really sorry in advance Srs Board).
Civil disobedience! Shame Shame! :angry-cussingblack:
Dan Vail
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#397 Post by Akira »

Borealis wrote:My advice is to not fret - I can't imagine anyone losing their top prospects - I'll confess, I did move Martinez, against the policy, just to be safe (I'm really sorry in advance Srs Board).
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound threatening. It's just disheartening to see what seems to be a glitch creating havoc in my organization. Since it appears to be league-wide I feel pretty confident that it will be rectified.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#398 Post by Evas »

Dinosaurs wrote:Count me in as well in having at least 3 really good prospects get bumped onto Rule 5 eligibility between this last sim. I'd vote to have it fixed if possible. Otherwise, I'd vote to just not allow for the Rule 5 draft this offseason as the cost doesn't outweigh the benefit due to this issue.
Skipping the draft seems like the cleanest solution. I'd be fine with that.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#399 Post by Akira »

Evas wrote:
Dinosaurs wrote:Count me in as well in having at least 3 really good prospects get bumped onto Rule 5 eligibility between this last sim. I'd vote to have it fixed if possible. Otherwise, I'd vote to just not allow for the Rule 5 draft this offseason as the cost doesn't outweigh the benefit due to this issue.
I second that.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#400 Post by MikeB »

For a brief moment this morning, until stumbling onto this thread, I thought my RF problems were solved and his name was Fudd. :D None of my prospects were affected but I have no issue with dropping the Rule 5 this season.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#401 Post by Borealis »

Coqui wrote:For a brief moment this morning, until stumbling onto this thread, I thought my RF problems were solved and his name was Fudd. :D None of my prospects were affected but I have no issue with dropping the Rule 5 this season.
:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#402 Post by Morris Ragland »

I'll have a more thorough explanation in the morning, but we have a way forward. Rest easy.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#403 Post by Ghosts »

Should we spend time on exports? Or hold off for now?
Dan Vail
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#404 Post by kiersteadmo »

Akira wrote:
Evas wrote:
I second that.

I concure
Mark Kierstead II
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#405 Post by Sandgnats »

[quote=]

Skipping the draft seems like the cleanest solution. I'd be fine with that.[/quote]

I second that.[/quote]

I concure[/quote]

I feel bad for the rebuilding teams. This does hurt the "have nots" and helps the "haves".
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”