Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#466 Post by Duane »

Borealis wrote:Well, we can argue the new ratings scheme all we want (I'm having a hard time grasping the concept as it pertains to the minor league), and the big hits so many players seem to have taken, but one thing is for sure - those who have waited to sign free agents and extensions may benefit from that decision - Jesus Negrete (a shell of himself as the ratings now suggest) signs for half what he made last year, and we have our fingers crossed on an extension for River Pope that is significantly below his pre-migration ask... We're close with Britt, similarly, if we can agree on length...
Amen Mike, .... we as a group have been through many many 'OOTP improvements' and several which were not really. This too shall pass as we adjust our views. But as you stated, those (like Ky) who have not signed any FA may benefit from the conversion. We hope you are correct........... We have been so close for so long, time is running out on the team cernterpieces
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#467 Post by kiersteadmo »

David Uribes at 14.8 now, says he will resign for 9 to 9.5 mil a year ..... That is a keeper to me.
Mark Kierstead II
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#468 Post by Akira »

Warriors wrote:David Uribes at 14.8 now, says he will resign for 9 to 9.5 mil a year ..... That is a keeper to me.
FYI: I believe we have a rule stating we cannot sign a player to an extension below his current salary.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#469 Post by Zephyrs »

I planned on being pretty active in this FA market. I am really tired of losing and have not been impressed with my draft picks. I signed 3 players. I definitely overpaid for Leach but let emotion and loyalty get in the way. I feel like we got a pretty good deal on Reggie Myers. His rating seem to have held up and his contract, while long seems pretty reasonable for what he can accomplish. Finally we signed 2B Jason Owens to a 1 year deal at 1.5 mil. We wanted a solid defensive 2B that could flirt with a 100 OPS+. He may not reach expectations but at such a low investment, I am not too worried. I would love to nab 2 more FA's at discount pricing to bolster the club's chances of winning more games than we lose.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#470 Post by Borealis »

Akira wrote:
Warriors wrote:David Uribes at 14.8 now, says he will resign for 9 to 9.5 mil a year ..... That is a keeper to me.
FYI: I believe we have a rule stating we cannot sign a player to an extension below his current salary.
Yup...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#471 Post by kiersteadmo »

Dang, :shake:
Mark Kierstead II
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#472 Post by Duane »

I think we can extend below current salary if he meets certain criteria, and also, the amount of decrease in salary is limited by the rule as well. I need to find the rules..........
Duane

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#473 Post by Borealis »

Extensions need to be at or above current salary. If you want to pay less, you have to let them go to free agency. The only exception is the 'home town, longevity' clause (for a lack of a better term), in which you can offer a pending FA 25% (I believe) below current - that's where there is criteria (high Loyalty, specific number of years with the team, amongst others).
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#474 Post by Evas »

I think we could stand to trim back some of the contract rules a bit. We need some rules to keep things from getting too crazy. But the current amount of rules is hard to keep track of.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#475 Post by Duane »

I agree ... and really don't like the rule of not being able to retain a player for decreasing salary
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#476 Post by Sandgnats »

I keep a handy link to our constitution on my favorites so I can easily refer back to the rules.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#477 Post by Borealis »

I don't think we need to overhaul the rules - they've served us perfectly fine, though I think the addition of a back-loaded contract - under certain conditions, would be a good idea... maybe for contracts of 5 or more years, after age 35... something like that...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#478 Post by Denny »

Well, Palm Springs is rapidly turning into Florida West with all the former Featherheads we are signing in free agency. We got Matt Benham a couple months ago and I was pleased to see Félix 'Hoover' Garza join the fold this sim.
To be honest, with the scouting changes I'm not actually sure if he's any good any more or not :-B but we got him for a relative song due to his injury, which should keep him out until I would guess June. Hopefully he still has some electricity in that arm and can give the Codgers a little midseason boost.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#479 Post by MikeB »

Garza seemed worth a roll of the dice on even if he just goes 5-0 again. I considered him but I am dealing with Velazquez still.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#480 Post by Sandgnats »

Codgers wrote:Well, Palm Springs is rapidly turning into Florida West with all the former Featherheads we are signing in free agency. We got Matt Benham a couple months ago and I was pleased to see Félix 'Hoover' Garza join the fold this sim.
To be honest, with the scouting changes I'm not actually sure if he's any good any more or not :-B but we got him for a relative song due to his injury, which should keep him out until I would guess June. Hopefully he still has some electricity in that arm and can give the Codgers a little midseason boost.
Make sense that that Codgers and Featherheads would have about the same average aged fan.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”