Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#106 Post by Evas »

Anyone looking to move up or down in the draft?

I have 2 second rounders and a 3rd rounder. I would be interested in doing something to either move up from the 3rd rounder or maybe move picks for prospects.

This more out of laziness than anything. I don't want to put together a draft list long enough to go all the way through the 3rd....
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#107 Post by Arroyos »

Evas wrote:Anyone looking to move up or down in the draft?

I have 2 second rounders and a 3rd rounder. I would be interested in doing something to either move up from the 3rd rounder or maybe move picks for prospects.

This more out of laziness than anything. I don't want to put together a draft list long enough to go all the way through the 3rd....
Kevin, I'm trying to do something similar, as well as solve a problem with my club. All the players are complaining about negative attitudes in the clubhouse, and the only solution seems to be getting rid of some players.

I have three 3d round picks already, so, I'd be interested in swapping a veteran for your 3rd rounder. Or if you prefer prospects, I could relieve you of ALL your 2d and 3rd round picks.

Interested?

Bob
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#108 Post by MikeB »

Kentucky was in Hartford? Good to see they underground transportation is in Hartford's future and that ballplayers are resorting to it.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#109 Post by Zephyrs »

Is Tony 'Whitey' Carmona a terrible human being? He seemed like a pretty decent teammate when he played for us but since becoming a our manager he may just be a cancer. 11 of players have a terrible relationship with him and nearly every free agent says they will not play for him. I am wondering if we made a mistake making him a coach.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#110 Post by Sandgnats »

Coqui wrote:
Kentucky was in Hartford? Good to see they underground transportation is in Hartford's future and that ballplayers are resorting to it.
Wow he was making $3.4 mil this year and taking the subway... sheesh.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#111 Post by Denny »

Zephyrs wrote:Is Tony 'Whitey' Carmona a terrible human being? He seemed like a pretty decent teammate when he played for us but since becoming a our manager he may just be a cancer. 11 of players have a terrible relationship with him and nearly every free agent says they will not play for him. I am wondering if we made a mistake making him a coach.
Now that he's in charge his inner dictator is coming out!
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#112 Post by Zephyrs »

Sandgnats wrote:
Coqui wrote:
Wow he was making $3.4 mil this year and taking the subway... sheesh.

Environmental activist
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#113 Post by Reg »

A random statistic :

Who are the top 10 most financially efficient teams, in terms of millions (in 2025 player salary) per win so far this year?

I took the win-loss record of each team after 45 games played, and the same pro-rated amount of salary (27.777% repeating, or 45/162) in order to make the calculation.

1. Neo-Tokyo $ 840,909 per win
2. Hartford $ 1,065,916
3. Canton $ 1,215,073
4. Bakersfield $ 1,281,380
5. San Antonio $ 1,294,491
6. New Orleans $ 1,348,622
7. Fargo $ 1,368,374
8. Kentucky $ 1,400,994
9. Palm Springs $ 1,443,783
10. San Juan $ 1,472,379

The PEBA-wide average : $ 1,700,658 per win
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#114 Post by MikeB »

Bullpen has been the only shaky thing for my team this year. Thankfully survived almost blowing an 8-0 lead and hung on 8-7. Meanwhile, kudos to Havana for winning nine straight. This is going to be a battle.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#115 Post by Duane »

PC failures so I got the thrill of drafting via a list in statslab .... 2 catchers in first 3 rounds, 7 center fielders, 2 shortstops, a first baseman, a left fielder and 1 pitcher from list picks then followed up by 3 middle relievers from statslab picks. In OOTP I could have controlled by round what position to target, but can't have a live draft in OOTP.

At least 14 of my 17 picks were from list. ;-D
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#116 Post by Arroyos »

Trendsetters wrote:A random statistic :

Who are the top 10 most financially efficient teams, in terms of millions (in 2025 player salary) per win so far this year?

I took the win-loss record of each team after 45 games played, and the same pro-rated amount of salary (27.777% repeating, or 45/162) in order to make the calculation.

1. Neo-Tokyo $ 840,909 per win
2. Hartford $ 1,065,916
3. Canton $ 1,215,073
4. Bakersfield $ 1,281,380
5. San Antonio $ 1,294,491
6. New Orleans $ 1,348,622
7. Fargo $ 1,368,374
8. Kentucky $ 1,400,994
9. Palm Springs $ 1,443,783
10. San Juan $ 1,472,379

The PEBA-wide average : $ 1,700,658 per win
Great stats, Reg! Which were the 10 WORST teams?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#117 Post by Wind Dancers »

I've had the injury bug for the past few weeks but looks like things are starting to clear up a bit. Mike Harris will be starting a short rehab assignment after being out for 6 weeks so that will be another quality bat coming back. My pitching has also normalized a bit. I can trust my first 2-3 guys in the rotation and the last 2 spots are up in the air. Hopefully I can string together some wins this week with London and Scotland on the table.

The draft was a plus as well especially my first round pick. #1 on my list dropped to 17 AND is Very Easy to sign.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#118 Post by DanD »

Arlington's rotation seems locked in right now. 10-3 over the last 13 games - and if the 'pen wasn't kind of a mess, it could have been 13-0. All three losses were late game bullpen meltdowns to blow the save. I think there was at least one additional blown save, but the offense bailed them out.

Also locked in is Pat Barry - hitting seven (!) home runs last week alone, including 6 over his last 4 games. He won't be able to keep this up forever, but Rob Raines is coming back from the DL to take the DH spot back from Cedric Hunt, who was doing absolutely nothing with it in Raines' absence.

Looks like I'll need to fix a black hole at third base and figure out my CF situation. Thanks to injuries, I'll be running the 4th-stringer out there next week to start. He best not get hurt because I'm quickly running out of players above AA that can play CF!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#119 Post by Borealis »

Aurora is mostly satisfied with the route the draft took - although the way the League goes we'll never draft an elite SP from our spot unless we move up. Still, with our outfield all of an age and production level that warrants excessive contract demands we won't be able to meet, it was nice to draft another potential big bat for the near future - LF Zamora doesn't look far away, even if his defense isn't the best in the world. CF Joey Walker also looks like he'll be of great help, though he's gonna need a bit more marinating in the minors...

Meanwhile, after dropping a pair of meh games at Neo-Tokyo, Aurora ran off a 7-game streak (wins over NT, a sweep of the Zephyrs and 2 wins over Toyama), before losing to the Win-D's to go into another 4-day break (gotta say, not a fan...). The end result is that, coupled with the Bears losing 11 of 12, Aurora has regained first in the Desert-Hills with a 3 game edge... 4.5 games back of the Evil Evas, who have 3 games in hand - with those three coming up in a series at the red-hot Duluthians, winners of 8-straight, after a sweep of Bakersfield, and 16 of their past 21 (after a rough 1-5 week with Shin Seiki and Aurora)... Those Warriors will be once again doing the Eva-Borealis 1-2 as Aurora follows the Evas into Minne-so-ta... Aurora will take advantage of the break to reset the rotation, with Provost, 'Tugboat' and Rivera taking the mound at Duluth...

Speaking of Carlos Rivera, disappointing comes to mind as his 3-3 record and 4.44 ERA in his 9 Aurora starts is a bummer - as are the 14 HRs allowed - showing he's been bitten by that bug as well... He says he feels great about being in Aurora, yet looks a tad depressed about his role on the team - You expect to be a starter and you are! What more can we do for you?? 'Massacre' has been slightly better with the Lions - although he's been considerably better when it comes to the long ball...

Speaking of HRs... Mike Britt, with 14, continues to lead the team in HR by a large margin - Jesus Negrete is next with 7. Aurora's 46 are tied for 5th worst in all of PEBA and less than half of Shin Seiki's 95 - which is a full 24 more than second place Bakersfield... Meanwhile Aurora's 276 offensive Ks continues to be the least in PEBA (by a bit of a margin) - so the contrast in styles between the Borealis and the Evil Evas continues as the race to the top is heating up...

Down on the Farm
The biggest story on the Farm is the performance of 'Fudd' Martinez. The 16th overall pick in 2023 struggled in his debut in the Islands (.249, 4 HR) but last year at SLRC he hit .293 with 12 HR and this year at Gatineau he's hit .394 with 15 HR and has earned a promotion to AAA Thornton - where it's expected he may find some struggles at first - coaches think he's still a bit away from being ML ready, but he's very clear on his expectations - he wants to be a Big Leaguer - a chance he'll get next spring with the expected departure of Mike Hale (to free agency).

Also having a nice year, at Thornton, is SP Billy Taylor. Aurora's top pick in 2021 (55th overall), had elbow surgery's after the '22 and '23 seasons which resulted in on;y 6 starts last year and an ugly 10.03 ERA. Thus far he seems to be pitching much more like his college and early minor league, pre-injury, days. He's 5-2, with a 2.90 ERA, with his strikeout numbers back up. This is significant because the coaching staff and GM choose Taylor as the last man ion the 40-man roster, exposing also favored Orlando Alarcon to the Rule 5 draft, where he was lost to Reno, before suffering a spring training injury that has him out for at least another 2 weeks before making his Reno and major league debut.

SLRC has won 9 of their past 14 games after enduring the worst losing streak in Aurora organization history - 17-games, which had left the Rapidos Blancos 4-24 to start the year.

Lastly, with the draft comes the need to clear deadwood, and the clearing has begun. Amongst the notables is long-time minor league CF Augusto Hernandez, catchers Frank Pitts and Brendon Murphy and former first round (2023) pick Guillermo Cavazos, who in his brief time showed nothing but disappointment.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#120 Post by Leones »

Coqui wrote:Bullpen has been the only shaky thing for my team this year. Thankfully survived almost blowing an 8-0 lead and hung on 8-7. Meanwhile, kudos to Havana for winning nine straight. This is going to be a battle.
Thanks Mike. The Caribbean Rivalry is going to be hot this year it appears. The Cocqui seem to be much improved this year. It's gonna be a tussle.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”