2024 CP Spending

MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: 2024 CP Spending

#31 Post by MikeB »

I'm not really clear on a lot of this still. I guess my main interest is in changing the dimensions of minor league parks but that has to be done at season's end and can't be done now?
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#32 Post by Morris Ragland »

Coqui wrote:I'm not really clear on a lot of this still. I guess my main interest is in changing the dimensions of minor league parks but that has to be done at season's end and can't be done now?
This would be the time to do it.

These are the rules:

"Move Fences – Alter your ballpark’s dimensions by raising/lowering or bringing in/pushing out your outfield fences. The cost is $1,000,000 + $50,000 per foot of change. Moving the fences will alter your ballpark’s factors (exact changes to be determined by the Board). Final dimensions must be approved by the Board."
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#33 Post by MikeB »

MINOR LEAGUE BALLPARK CHANGE
I would like to exchange 20 CP to change the dimensions of the stadium at AAA Santo Domingo if possible. Required article is now on the main page.

LL: 335, 10 ft
LF: 359, 10 ft
LC: 383 10 ft
C: 411, 14 ft
RC: 383 10 ft
RF: 359 10 ft
RL: 335, 10 ft.

These are the actual dimensions of Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo with rounding off for the midpoints (LF and RF). I did not have wall heights but estimated through photos. As there are no financials in the league, I would like to change the capacity to the actual 11,379 as well. And the name to the actual Estadio Quisqueya too. The impetus for this change is that the current stadium is death for left-handed hitting prospects. In using these actual dimensions, I am hoping this can streamline the approval process for the board as this is short notice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estadio_Quisqueya
http://bachata24k.com/wp-content/upload ... .jpg?w=640

Estimated ballpark factors: I'm adjusting current ones for less outfield space but higher HR and thus slightly higher avg. output. Also assuming smaller stadium means less space for foul ball outs which increases batting avg.:

Avg. overall: .994
Avg. LHB: .990
Avg. RHB: .995
Doubles: 1.025
Triples: .995
Home Runs overall: .982
Home Runs LHB: .975
Home Runs RHB: .985

2) PERSONNEL IMPROVEMENT
I would like to exchange 30 CP for a die roll to improve San Juan Manager Jesus Gilbert's ability to teach pitchers.
Last edited by MikeB on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#34 Post by Morris Ragland »

You are correct that the cost is different for minor league teams, I missed that detail in your original post. 20 CP plus an article.

Typically, it's only unusually eccentric park dimensions that draw board scrutiny. I don't see anything about your proposed changes that is at all objectionable.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#35 Post by Sandgnats »

Great work and research Mike!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#36 Post by Dinosaurs »

Sandgnats wrote:Great work and research Mike!
I want to echo this, pretty cool work to get the design so similar.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#37 Post by MikeB »

Thanks. But can't take too much credit. I just wanted to change it and finding that stadium made it easier than making something up. :lol:
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#38 Post by Alleghenies »

It doesn't seem that I got my 1,000,000 in cash nor my 5000 seats....
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#39 Post by Morris Ragland »

Alleghenies wrote:It doesn't seem that I got my 1,000,000 in cash nor my 5000 seats....
Some miscommunication has left some changes for us to finish up next sim.

All Winter Ball and personnel improvements were processed in the last sim.

Still to be done is everything else, e.g. stadium changes, cash adjustments, FI boosts, and the like. Look for those changes to be implemented in the first Spring Training sim.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#40 Post by Sandgnats »

Quite a few players magically moved into my Spring Training Roster. Before the last Sim I had 25 in my active roster, now there are 36.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Borealis »

Sandgnats wrote:Quite a few players magically moved into my Spring Training Roster. Before the last Sim I had 25 in my active roster, now there are 36.
OOTP automatically adds all guys on the 40-man roster to the 'active' roster for spring training. You'll note you have space for up to 60 to invite guys who are not on the 40-man... You just have to move them off before spring training ends...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#42 Post by Sandgnats »

Thanks Mike :-B
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#43 Post by MikeB »

I do have some questions about the tallying. What constitutes a blog post? I did have a couple I think. Is that a post on this forum - similar to an article? Or do I have to set up a specific place for a blog?
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#44 Post by Sandgnats »

Hi Mike:

Check out my news section for an example of a blog. Also, I do have a "beat writer" that I use to write articles. If it's not posted to the front page its treated like a blog. The key is to make sure you link proper nouns to get the extra credit. Our constitution also has a good explanation of blog vs. articles.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#45 Post by Borealis »

Sandgnats wrote:Hi Mike:

Check out my news section for an example of a blog. Also, I do have a "beat writer" that I use to write articles. If it's not posted to the front page its treated like a blog. The key is to make sure you link proper nouns to get the extra credit. Our constitution also has a good explanation of blog vs. articles.
Just for clarity, you need to designate a 'blog site' - not just any old postings to the forum count as blog - that's accredited differently for CP purposes, as are articles to the front page (PEBA.com home page). So, basically there are three different writing areas that garner one CP: Articles to the hoe page, forum posts, and team blog sites. You can see Aurora Storealis, for an example - not to toot my own horn. The blog may be my creation, but the main 'contributor', Ray D. Enze, was the original creation of my predecessor - John Rodriguez.

Since we reorganized the forums, with each team having it's own 'folder space', I think some guys have just been posting separate articles there, with out publishing to the Home page - RJ seems to be one of those guys, though he does have a blog space as well. I don't know how that's being treated - maybe Reg could clarify that.

Good Luck and Happy Writing!! The Frogs have a blog started by the previous owner (Frogger something or other) - feel free to pick up there, or create your own!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”