OOTP 24 Migration and More

Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

OOTP 24 Migration and More

#1 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Once again, OOTP makes it impossible to have an easy migration process for Mac users. In short, I find the easiest way is to move the v23 PEBA.lg folder into the v24 Saved Games folder (I suggest renaming it 'PEBA23" so there's no confusion) - this makes it easy to find when the pop-up menu appears when you select the Import option from the start-up screen. Once you select the 'world.dat' file and the import process completes, just move the PEBA.lg folder back to it's v23 location and remove the '23' (if you had amended the title as recommended). I do suggest quitting OOTP 23 first, so there is no side effects of moving the files around.

The real trick is finding the v23 and v24 OOTP data file locations. To help out, I've listed the file hierarchy below - you'll note they differ significantly. I recommend opening two finder windows so that you can leave them both open simultaneously - making the moving of the PEBA.lg folder easier. I typically make an alias of this location and place it in the main OOTP 24 folder location, so you don't have to search again. It's mind blowing.

v23 location:
/Users//”USER”//Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.ootp23macqlm/Data/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 23/saved_games

v24 location:
/Users//”USER”//Library/Containers/OOTP Baseball 24/Data/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 24/saved_games

"USER" being whatever your user name may be - for instance, mine is 'michael'.

If you have any problems, please hit me up on Slack.
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: OOTP 24 Migration and More

#2 Post by Arroyos »

My sincere thanks to the board and Mike particularly for spelling out in excruciating detail the labyrinthian path to find the PEBA.lg file inside the new 24 version. My only point of confusion was when the screen in game was blank after I uploaded the file. I wasn't sure what the buttons on the top of the screen were for, but by experimenting I learned that one of them would keep moving me backwards out of the depths of files until I ran into the file I had uploaded. After that it was easy, though tedious waiting for the game to download all those team and uniform files! But after about a half hour, the game was there, familiar and ready for me to sign in as manager.

THANK YOU!!!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: OOTP 24 Migration and More

#3 Post by Borealis »

You are welcome, Bob - as always!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”