An Idea for Record Keeping

Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: An Idea for Record Keeping

#31 Post by Lions »

For some reason, I'm drawn to stuff like this... here are some things I was able to find in old emails and posts of mine. Some of this is not listed in the other thread, some of this are date adjustments. Some of it are just names I found that will hopefully jog some old timer memories.

I joined late in 2012, but my first season was 2013. I was given a choice of 4 teams... I know this because I found John's email response to my join request! That was fun to read again! Reno, Duluth, and London were the other teams, and I commented in my choice that Connecticut looked like the team in worst shape.

I took over CT from Jack Libber, who had the team in 2012. I'm not sure how many seasons he was there.
I think Amsterdam was open for 2023. There were some folks who signed up, like David Galindo, but I don't know if they ever participated.

Manchester:
Jeff Dudas (2007-??) - How was he missed?

Reno:
Scott Maynor (2013-Pres) - He joined a week after I did

Duluth:
Bill McKenzie (2013-early-2023) - Bill joined a week after Scott did.

London:
Pete Grassi (2013-2015) - Pete joined 2 weeks after Bill did

Kalamazoo:
Bob Baginski (2013-??) - Joined aroudn the same time as Pete. I think Cole took over from him.

Canton:
James Mathis (2015 - Present)
Shawn McGrath (2012-2014)

Crystal Lake:
Brian Hazelwood -> It looks like he started in 2015 and not 2014. 2014 was initially Alex Jenkins, but he bailed before the season and Robbie Brown came in. I'm not sure how long Robbie lasted.

Yuma:
Bob took over in 2012 from what I can see.
There was a guy named Neil Thomas who I think had the team for a brief period, maybe in 2011 or part of 2012?

Charleston:
James Bowman, Daniel Ortega - these guys had the team at some point in the post Constantine years.

Tempe:
Chris Van Hauter (2007-2013)
Sascha Tescha (2014?)
Steve Battisti (2014?)

Gloucester:
Jeff Fox (2014?) - I think Paul Moots took over from him, after he was here just very briefly. Not sure if he even managed games.

Other names:
Mike Branda
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Borealis »

How did we miss Jeff, indeed... He must have left during/after the 2023 season - leading to the mailers contraction demise...

And Chris! Look at 'Fireworks' history - he was traded shortly after Sascha took over...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#33 Post by Nigel »

I GM'd Kuwana 2014-16 then London to 20 or 21, Marseille then no-team commish before San Juan very briefly and finally Duluth at the end of 2024

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by Reg »

For those interested, the list has expanded significantly, and league GM's past and present now have year-by-year breakdowns listed beside their names!

There are still some gaps in teams' GM histories, but it is progressively filling up!
30 GM's are accounted for (not counting the new guys for 2025), and a further list are on my "to do" list.

You can find all the information and "All-Time Leaders" lists here! ;-D
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#35 Post by John »

This is just great. I could spend hours pouring through these kinds of stats. How fun would it be to have this all accessible through StatsLab? Too bad the data isn't in the CSV files, or I'd beg Frank for an update.

I'll be looking forward to when GM Chris Van Hauter gets added into the database, as then we'll have the answer to who won it all in the PEBA 2011 season. Tempe's win that year remains my favorite of all time simply because it was so improbable. Chris declared from the start that he had a five-year plan to raise little Tempe from afterthought to champion, and he nailed it in one.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by Lions »

John wrote:This is just great. I could spend hours pouring through these kinds of stats. How fun would it be to have this all accessible through StatsLab? Too bad the data isn't in the CSV files, or I'd beg Frank for an update.
This data is available in the CSV/MySQL dump out of OOTP, but only if you create individual human manager records in OOTP for each GM. Otherwise, the data all gets lumped together with the current GM. FWIW, StatsLab added manager stats in the OOTP18 version.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#37 Post by Nigel »

Alan Elhers was the GM of London directly before me
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#38 Post by Borealis »

Just got a chance to look at those records, and one thing was clear - Denny IS the Codger of the group!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by Duane »

Borealis wrote:Just got a chance to look at those records, and one thing was clear - Denny IS the Codger of the group!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
;-D
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by DanD »

Not sure if these have already been posted here, but here's some interesting reading:

http://pebabaseball.com/boards/viewtopi ... 2&start=30
http://pebabaseball.com/boards/viewtopi ... 288#p32288
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Denny »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Borealis wrote:Just got a chance to look at those records, and one thing was clear - Denny IS the Codger of the group!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
;-D
It was nice of Reg to include the record-holders for most wins and leave out those for most losses :angelic-green:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”