An Idea for Record Keeping

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

An Idea for Record Keeping

#1 Post by Alleghenies »

I am in another league that uses cards like strat-o-matic and it has been going on since 1992. In our league Almanac we have a W-L for every owner on every team since Day 1. While I am sure it is impossible to do that now for this league, I think it would be cool to do it starting now and maybe the past commishes or GM's have emails that we can maybe go back and estimate the GM's records.

Just an idea.

And if we somehow have this already, please point me in that direction :-).
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: An Idea for Record Keeping

#2 Post by Borealis »

I think this might not be so difficult. Sure, we've a few teams that have had more than their fair share of GM's, but we also have plenty of teams who still have their original owner or maybe just #2...

I can say that JR ran Aurora since inception (2007) through 2010, with me in charge since. I think Dan and Duane have been here since the beginning, as the Bears (until now, apparently... Denny's original I think...

Then there's Mr. Slimeball... :angry-cussingblack:
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Cristian of Fargo is original, too! And don't forget original LRS GMs like Kevin of Shin Seiki. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Dinosaurs »

John wrote:Cristian of Fargo is original, too! And don't forget original LRS GMs like Kevin of Shin Seiki. ;-D
Not technically original, but I came on in the 2nd season I believe (2008), I know I wasn't around for the original draft.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Denny »

Yes, I remember Fargo and Kentucky both had their original owners flake, and so their initial drafts were done by the AI, which stuck them both with a bunch of middle relievers. :-o

Mike is correct that I am an original "plank owner"; but our numbers seem to be thinning! I know I am the only one in the Desert Hills now that Bakersfield's pair has left us....not completely sure about the other divisions.

Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Evas »

I've been in control of the Evas since the in game 2010 season. The 2007-2009 seasons were AI run, before the LRS was turned over to humans.

I know there are a couple other long time LRS GM's still around, though I'm not sure if they go back to the very beginning. Ron in NT and Pat in Havana (Formerly EDO) go way back.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Reg »

I have been running New Orleans since 2021, and running the team before me was Paul Tanner (not sure if he ran it for the ENTIRE stretch, but I think he was there essentially since the team's debut season). Some of the 'seasoned' guys could perhaps confirm or correct that.

I am sure we could gather the data of most of the teams' existance (a lot of teams had the same GM for long stretches).

...and, given how much league information and history sit in these message boards, I am sure it would be possible to plug 'most' of the GM'ing gaps with a bit of digging through old threads.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#8 Post by Sandgnats »

We could start with each GM going back on their own organization and break out from there to put it together.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Borealis »

Sandgnats wrote:We could start with each GM going back on their own organization and break out from there to put it together.
Brian (Hazelwood, I believe) ran Crystal Lake for a very long time - maybe original, up to you RJ, though maybe there was a short-termer in between...

And, of course, let's not forget Trader Matt, who I believe was the original GM in San Antonio, until the merger birthed the Ocelots...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Reg »

I will start a (locked) thread with the info that we gather in this one. Any info you guys have, post it here :D
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Reg »

Thread has been started (and is currently stickied) if anyone wants to take a look. I compiled what I could find by memory or quick searching.

Gregory, this is a slightly fuzzy memory to me, but if I recall, you were GM of the Dayton Flyers in 2021, right? (maybe even before that, but I wasn't around).
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Borealis »

Canton James wasn't original - though he's been there awhile now... I think Canton was part of that Brother Coallition that ran Canton-Yuma-Reno/Omaha(?) - Dubney's or some thing... Denny or Duane know that tale...

And Greg was with Fuji-Yama (sp.) for the duration, I think...
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#13 Post by Alleghenies »

Trendsetters wrote:Thread has been started (and is currently stickied) if anyone wants to take a look. I compiled what I could find by memory or quick searching.

Gregory, this is a slightly fuzzy memory to me, but if I recall, you were GM of the Dayton Flyers in 2021, right? (maybe even before that, but I wasn't around).
I was GM from end of 2010 through 2021.

Also Warnke was GM of Harpoons since 2009 at the latest as he is the one who got me to join this this league.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by John »

Borealis wrote:Canton James wasn't original - though he's been there awhile now... I think Canton was part of that Brother Coallition that ran Canton-Yuma-Reno/Omaha(?) - Dubney's or some thing... Denny or Duane know that tale...
It was the Dobneys: Brad (Canton), Joel (Duluth), Bryan (Omaha), and Jared (Yuma). The Dobneys retired after the 2011 season.

Dean Giesey was the GM of Crystal Lake through 2013. He wasn't a big contributor on the forums, but darn if he didn't run a tight ship.

This is a great project idea. May I suggest The History of the PEBA as a helpful resource for GMs through the 2016 season.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Denny »

Another idea for finding GMs and their start dates is by searching through the forums for their self-introduction threads....for example, here is the one for Mike Czosnyka, who ran the New Jersey Hitmen for many years; based on the posting date and some comments in the thread, we can tell that he took over for the 2011 season.

Something else that might be useful would be the "real-life" dates for each PEBA season, so you could tell at a glance by the date of a forum post what PEBA year was going on.

EDIT: Also, this thread has a wealth of information about previous PEBA teams/owners: A Question for the Original Owners of PEBA
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”