Proposal for minor rule/setting tweak - if possible in OOTP.

Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Proposal for minor rule/setting tweak - if possible in OOTP.

#1 Post by Evas »

So the AP is reporting that in an alternate timeline the former MLB reduced the minimum DL stay from 15 to 10 days.

That got me thinking.

Considering we almost always sim 7 days, wouldn't it make sense to change our 15 day DL to a 14 day DL? That would be much cleaner and would enable us to use recovered players much quicker than today.

I'm not sure if that change is possible or not in OOTP. But if it is, we should consider making that change in the off season.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Proposal for minor rule/setting tweak - if possible in O

#2 Post by Leones »

That's a very good idea.

The biggest roster issue I used to run into was dealing with those guys due to come off the DL in the middle of the sim cycle. Used to always miss leaving a roster spot open for them to return to after shuffling everyone around to cover the gaps. The expanded minor league rosters have helped adn I've also taken to sending guys back if they've cleared the DL but have <7days times to heal. I just put 'em on te roster and hope they don't re-injure. Not ideal but seems to be working.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by DanD »

I'm not opposed to this, but it would probably only help if a guy was injured the very last day of a sim right? Because DL stints are back-dated to the last game played right?

Definitely a good floater candidate that I'd support.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Evas »

Bureaucrats wrote:I'm not opposed to this, but it would probably only help if a guy was injured the very last day of a sim right? Because DL stints are back-dated to the last game played right?

Definitely a good floater candidate that I'd support.
You're 100% right. The effect would be limited, but it would help prevent a worst case scenario like you laid out.

If we want to get more aggressive, a 7 day DL for the ML level would be even more useful. Then we would eliminate almost all cases of recovered players waiting to come off the DL.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

Leones wrote:The expanded minor league rosters have helped adn I've also taken to sending guys back if they've cleared the DL but have <7days times to heal. I just put 'em on te roster and hope they don't re-injure. Not ideal but seems to be working.
The expanded minor league rosters have been a huge help in managing injuries across the board! It seems like half the time my minors are at 25 players - and I needn't worry about that - where as in the past, I'd be looking at 23 players and struggling to fill spots just to have a functional roster... I think that's one of the best moves we've made relative to the constraints of the software...

Now back to the 'real-reality'...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Evas »

Borealis wrote:
Leones wrote:The expanded minor league rosters have helped adn I've also taken to sending guys back if they've cleared the DL but have <7days times to heal. I just put 'em on te roster and hope they don't re-injure. Not ideal but seems to be working.
The expanded minor league rosters have been a huge help in managing injuries across the board! It seems like half the time my minors are at 25 players - and I needn't worry about that - where as in the past, I'd be looking at 23 players and struggling to fill spots just to have a functional roster... I think that's one of the best moves we've made relative to the constraints of the software...

Now back to the 'real-reality'...
Agreed. It has changed minor league injuries form being mini-crises to be almost non-events. Huge upgrade.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”