Start a new blog thread or continue prior team blog

Underground
Double-A
Double-A

Start a new blog thread or continue prior team blog

#1 Post by Underground »

I'd like to solicit thoughts, suggestions, ideas, and viewpoints from the PEBA community.

I'd be especially interested in specific examples or cases where after it was already too late, a GM to wished they would have started a separate new blog or cases they wished they had continued the pre-existing blog when they became general manager.

I've noticed several teams have multiple blog threads. Some seem to be different blog threads by different team General Managers. Some of those are for different topics, maybe by the same blogger.

I see advantages and disadvantages to continuing the Going Underground blog, which Nigel seems to have contributed to most recently.
I also see advantages and disadvantages to starting a separate brand new blog, for my blog contributions.

I am completely undecided and doubt I'd be able to lean one way or the other through my own thinking at this time.

I am not ready at the moment to begin making blog entries. When I am ready, I'd like to have already have decided where they will be made.

Edit: realized to late that this would have been a more appropriate thread in the Q&A section of the forums. I'd move it myself if I knew how and had the ability.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Start a new blog thread or continue prior team blog

#2 Post by Leones »

Go with your gut. It's always fun to see an old blog like 'Going Underground' continue, but it's equally as fun to see new stuff that guys come up with. If you've got an idea for something you'd like to do, run with it. Besides you could always pick up with 'Going Underground' at a any point as well. No rule says you can't run two blogs, perhaps with different points of view.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#3 Post by Underground »

Thanks Patrick! While reading your reply, I was preparing to explain the problem is my gut doesn't know which to choose. Until I believe you may have delivered the solution I was seeking:
Leones wrote:run two blogs, perhaps with different points of view.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Nigel »

I quite often ran two blogs for a team but always used two Alta-egos to write them. Generally the reason was either to put a different point of view, run a different type of writing or maybe just on a different sort of subject to the other blog.

I did find far to often really though that by having a selection of blogs I was becoming the literary version of "jack of all trades, master of none". My attention span has always been weak which probably accounted for these flaws in my writing
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”