Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#481 Post by Wind Dancers »

Before we make the new post, we should figure out the website stuff and potentially line-up someone to do recruitment. I think Reg did the old recruitment posts which were always well done giving people a little taste of the backstory of each team.

David also needs to be set-up with Amsterdam, which he expressed interest in taking over.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#482 Post by Wind Dancers »

From what I'm seeing from all of our discussions, it looks like there are a few roles that need to be filled.

Recruiter: Reg was kind enough to offer to send the text file for his old recruiting posts to whoever takes over this role. His posts were always great and we should have someone who can keep things updated over in the OOTP forum. The person in this role will be tasked with reaching out and finding new GM's to take over empty PEBA teams. This includes updating forums, communicating with Morris to get new GM's added to the game, and any other recruitment tasks.

Statslab/Reports: This could be 1 or 2 people who can jump on after Morris has run the sim and update Statslab and the HTML reports

Website Management: This role would either solely (or cooperatively with Dan) be tasked with keeping the website running, fixing the missing pages, and adding new GMs to WordPress.

Rules Committee: This role has been discussed to allow a few members vote on rule violations & any needed punishment. The committee would then send their ruling to Morris to change in-game, saving him some time.

Does this cover everything?
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#483 Post by Sandgnats »

Wind Dancers wrote:From what I'm seeing from all of our discussions, it looks like there are a few roles that need to be filled.

Recruiter: Reg was kind enough to offer to send the text file for his old recruiting posts to whoever takes over this role. His posts were always great and we should have someone who can keep things updated over in the OOTP forum. The person in this role will be tasked with reaching out and finding new GM's to take over empty PEBA teams. This includes updating forums, communicating with Morris to get new GM's added to the game, and any other recruitment tasks.

Statslab/Reports: This could be 1 or 2 people who can jump on after Morris has run the sim and update Statslab and the HTML reports

Website Management: This role would either solely (or cooperatively with Dan) be tasked with keeping the website running, fixing the missing pages, and adding new GMs to WordPress.

Rules Committee: This role has been discussed to allow a few members vote on rule violations & any needed punishment. The committee would then send their ruling to Morris to change in-game, saving him some time.

Does this cover everything?
Seems like it to me.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#484 Post by Borealis »

I would be more than willing to serve on a committee, help with uploading (with the proper instruction), and/or babysit an IL team...

I would also recommend we move forward and maintain contract rules as they've been - with perhaps the minor details which may simplify. We can discuss the larger questions: declining years, for one, trusting AI contract negotiations, for two, through the offseason and regular season. With time and thoughtful discussion - we've a number of interesting ideas floated about, we can have something in place, perhaps by mid-season(?), for 2028.

But meanwhile - let's get moving! I can feel the frustration in the group, and another long hiatus is not healthy for us. We've had way too many of those - costing us, historically, a full calendar year (by my estimations). We are not 'broke' as a League, so we don't need to 'fix' things to move on - web site issues aside. v.19 came out today, and we don't want to lag any further behind a new version then we typically already do...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#485 Post by Wind Dancers »

I'll gladly temporarily babysit a team as well, heck my old Harpoon are still open.

I agree more discussion is needed and that we should get the league moving. Though I think small changes should still be made like knocking down injury frequency.

I think the the most pressing issues are fixing the website, assigning someone to update Statslab/reports, and getting recruitment underway so we can get new GM's in here. All other theoriteical rule changes can be discussed through the season.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#486 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:I would be more than willing to serve on a committee, help with uploading (with the proper instruction), and/or babysit an IL team...

I would also recommend we move forward and maintain contract rules as they've been - with perhaps the minor details which may simplify. We can discuss the larger questions: declining years, for one, trusting AI contract negotiations, for two, through the offseason and regular season. With time and thoughtful discussion - we've a number of interesting ideas floated about, we can have something in place, perhaps by mid-season(?), for 2028.

But meanwhile - let's get moving! I can feel the frustration in the group, and another long hiatus is not healthy for us. We've had way too many of those - costing us, historically, a full calendar year (by my estimations). We are not 'broke' as a League, so we don't need to 'fix' things to move on - web site issues aside. v.19 came out today, and we don't want to lag any further behind a new version then we typically already do...
Likewise, Mike. I'm ready to go and help as needed as well. But either way, we need to have our official winter meeting and perhaps vote on changes and move on or have Morris make a final decision.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#487 Post by MikeB »

I could babysit a team...prefer AI to draft though and I don't want to do interconference trading if we are going to allow that at all.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#488 Post by Evas »

I would be able to help out on the rules committee and babysit a team if need be.

I think we should also get some sims moving, even if only haltingly. We haven't simmed in a long time and I'm sure there a huge amount of transactions and trades people would like to have resolved.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#489 Post by kiersteadmo »

I could help with recruitment as I visit OOTP forums about 30 times a week.
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#490 Post by Wind Dancers »

Warriors wrote:I could help with recruitment as I visit OOTP forums about 30 times a week.
Reach out to Reg (Trendsetters), he can send you what you need. You'll likely need to make a new post on the forums so that you can keep it updated.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#491 Post by Underground »

Is there any news on when next SIM will be?
Evan Seary
London Underground
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#492 Post by Wind Dancers »

No word yet David, it's been a few days since Morris has been online. We still need to decide on what changes are being made for this coming season then hopefully we can get some sims going.

This would also be a good time to reach out to Dan so we can get these website issues fixed while we have some downtime.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#493 Post by Borealis »

Wind Dancers wrote:No word yet David, it's been a few days since Morris has been online. We still need to decide on what changes are being made for this coming season then hopefully we can get some sims going.
Well, hopefully we'll just move ahead and discuss changes as we move forward - instituting those changes in 2028, when we migrate to v19...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#494 Post by Wind Dancers »

Borealis wrote:
Wind Dancers wrote:No word yet David, it's been a few days since Morris has been online. We still need to decide on what changes are being made for this coming season then hopefully we can get some sims going.
Well, hopefully we'll just move ahead and discuss changes as we move forward - instituting those changes in 2028, when we migrate to v19...
Agreed, we should be able to do a few sims before anything is needed at the least. I've been waiting for my last ARB contract to be accepted before I write an article so it's been a painful few weeks :lol:
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#495 Post by Wind Dancers »

With season awards only a few seasons away, make sure you vote. Looks like 9 people have voted so far so there should still be a few more.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”