Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#226 Post by Alleghenies »

Thoroughbreds wrote:First game against Florida, Fla SP Ornelas drills Ky 3B Sanchez in the face - lost for season.
Now that is some old school baseball. Props to Florida's strategy!!! (Duane, sorry about your luck).
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#227 Post by Alleghenies »

The Maine Lobsters are giving away free lobsters this week in celebrating their 2nd championship in 3 years!!!!
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#228 Post by Duane »

Alleghenies wrote:
Thoroughbreds wrote:First game against Florida, Fla SP Ornelas drills Ky 3B Sanchez in the face - lost for season.
Now that is some old school baseball. Props to Florida's strategy!!! (Duane, sorry about your luck).

Ya tanks, we are done. Sanchez is too key. His replacement is unproven Jose Ruiz - he doesn't have the power or on-base potential that Sanchez gives us in the 5-hole.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#229 Post by Ghosts »

Alleghenies wrote:The Maine Lobsters are giving away free lobsters this week in celebrating their 2nd championship in 3 years!!!!
I forgot to fire off my last export and went with a 1 man rotation for Games 3-7 which is quite a bold strategy. We threw Norm Wood in Games 3 & 7, went with bullpen arm Toru Yamada in Game 5. The good news is we had Fred Womack completely rested for Game 8 though after not pitching since Game 1.

I CANT BELIEVE I DID THAT!!! Congrats though, can I get some Free Lobster?

(Was this an Aurora Jedi Mind Trick??????)
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#230 Post by Alleghenies »

Bears wrote:
Alleghenies wrote:The Maine Lobsters are giving away free lobsters this week in celebrating their 2nd championship in 3 years!!!!
I forgot to fire off my last export and went with a 1 man rotation for Games 3-7 which is quite a bold strategy. We threw Norm Wood in Games 3 & 7, went with bullpen arm Toru Yamada in Game 5. The good news is we had Fred Womack completely rested for Game 8 though after not pitching since Game 1.

I CANT BELIEVE I DID THAT!!! Congrats though, can I get some Free Lobster?

(Was this an Aurora Jedi Mind Trick??????)
Bobby, I did the same friggin thing last year with Maine or I think I would have been trying for a 3-peat. 1 man rotation (meant to put it at 1st starter).

You get 2 lobster :)..
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#231 Post by Borealis »

Bears wrote:(Was this an Aurora Jedi Mind Trick??????)
These aren't the Crustacean Divers you are looking for...

Besides, we are saving our tricks for this weeks sim - 4 with those dreaded Bears and then another 4 with K-zoo... 8 games left and the SL playoff seeding race is Hot, Hot, Hot - The Evil Evas up a game on Aurora who are up 1.5 on Duluth, thanks to a tidy 6-1 week with Yuma and the Win-D's... 'Tugboat', Provist, and Rivera lead the week off, then finish the year out, so at least the rotation falls favorably! Although Rivera has been a mixed bag all year, and 'Train Arollin'' has had his moments, too... Golden Arm candidate Randy Smith has been the only reliable pitcher all year...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#232 Post by Leones »

Awesome! That reminded me of a Portland Sea Dogs game from years back. In between innings they had a lobster toss event. Two fans were given a lobster trap and they had to try and catch rubber lobsters tossed into the air. It was hilarious! :smile:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#233 Post by Alleghenies »

I have 6 home games left. If I can average 48.2K a game, my team will break the 4 Million in attendance for the franchise's first time ever.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#234 Post by Denny »

Against all odds, the Codgers have an outside chance yet at the playoffs, due to most of our remaining games being against teams immediately ahead of us in the race for the SL wild card! So bizarre, as this club does not "feel" like a playoff club at all. Well, fingers crossed regardless :angelic-green:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#235 Post by MikeB »

My lads pretty much had/have to win out and doing their part - seven straight. Havana hasn't cooperated. But at least I can feel the team improved from last year. For a bit there, I was slumping toward .500.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#236 Post by Leones »

Coqui wrote:My lads pretty much had/have to win out and doing their part - seven straight. Havana hasn't cooperated. But at least I can feel the team improved from last year. For a bit there, I was slumping toward .500.
San Juan has been a very challenging opponent this season. It ain't over yet ...
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#237 Post by Ghosts »

Codgers wrote:Against all odds, the Codgers have an outside chance yet at the playoffs, due to most of our remaining games being against teams immediately ahead of us in the race for the SL wild card! So bizarre, as this club does not "feel" like a playoff club at all. Well, fingers crossed regardless :angelic-green:
The Codgers are still in play! It looks like the Gnats will claim a Wild Card spot unless they completely collapse, but given their schedule I would expect them to be in. 3 team race for the final spot...

Badgers 85-73, 0 GB, Remaining Schedule: 4 vs Aurora!
Bears 83-74, 1.5 GB, Remaining Schedule: 3 at Palm Springs, 2 vs Okinawa
Codgers 82-75, 2.5 GB, Remaining Schedule: 3 vs Bakersfield, 2 vs Fargo

87 wins is probably gonna take the spot outright or force a playoff. Badgers firmly in the drivers seat but have a tough matchup.... unless Aurora abandons hope of the 1 seed and throws the series so they can laugh at their division rivals.
Dan Vail
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#238 Post by Borealis »

Bears wrote:unless Aurora abandons hope of the 1 seed and throws the series so they can laugh at their division rivals.
Oh... We never abandon hope - Though thanks a lot Bears... The tough 4-game split with our Dreaded Rivals allowed The Evil Evas to stretch their lead to 2-games, but more importantly, allowed Duluth to inch a tad closer - just a half game back for that second seed - so PLENTY to play for - as in, minimally home field in the Division series with Duluth...

The Warriors have 3 with NT and 2 with Toyama, while Shin Seiki have 2 with Fargo and 2 with Yuma - both who have played the Evas tough this year, but SS smells blood... As mentioned, Aurora get's 4 with K-Zoo, with both looking to play a little spoiler role...

What made the Bear series so rough? The 2-1 loss in the first game as 'Tugboat', pitching excellently (8 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 9 K), before giving up a pinch-hit, lead-off, walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th to rookie Ernesto Leon - UGH!!!

At least, with Nishiyama not scheduled to throw for K-Zoo, it appears Randy Smith will be PEBA's only 20-game winner this season - and ERA champ!! - barring a total collapse in his game 2 start v. Badgers...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#239 Post by Ghosts »

Due to an injury in the rotation and the next guy up being a converted reliever (3 stamina) that I can't start on short rest, in this crucial sim, we are making the call down to AA to Fred Womack who will make his PEBA debut in a Playoff Race. In 11 starts including postseason after being acquired, he's 9-0 and allowed only 9 runs in 72 innings. No pressure, kid.
Dan Vail
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#240 Post by Duane »

Bears wrote:Due to an injury in the rotation and the next guy up being a converted reliever (3 stamina) that I can't start on short rest, in this crucial sim, we are making the call down to AA to Fred Womack who will make his PEBA debut in a Playoff Race. In 11 starts including postseason after being acquired, he's 9-0 and allowed only 9 runs in 72 innings. No pressure, kid.
Womack was one of my fav .... take care of him..... ;-D
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”