Ken Burns: Baseball

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ken Burns: Baseball

#1 Post by Reg »

I know this has inevitably been brought up in the decade-long life of this message board, but for those who might not have seen it yet, this is a spectacular documentary on the quasi-definitive history of baseball. It has it's flaws, sure, like focusing on big-market teams a bit too much, but it's still a must-watch for anyone here who hasn't seen it.

It is available on Netflix and probably a few other places, and it is a multi-part documentary: each decade is a 2-hour episode talking about the goings-on of the time. Each episode is further split into 5-10 minute parts which focuses on a particular team, player, event or series.

Overall it is roughly 18 hours long, but it is perhaps one of the best ways to incrementally spend 18 hours.

Here is one of those mini-parts from the 1960s episode... the story of the lovable, but hopelessly incompetent 1962 Mets in their debut season :-B
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Ken Burns: Baseball

#2 Post by Leones »

Such a great look at the sport. Gotta fire that up again and run through 'em all again! :) I can always use a solid does of Buck O'Neil! ;-D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Nigel »

:angry-cussingblack: :shake: :angry-cussingblack:

It might be available on Netflix US but not on Netflix UK :cry:
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by KenH »

I watch an episode every once and a while with my girlfriend. We love all of Ken Burns' stuff but this is probably one of my favorites. The Civil War one is probably the best though.
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”