Le Mans 24 2016 !!!

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Le Mans 24 2016 !!!

#1 Post by Leones »

Anybody else going to watch the Le Mans 24 this weekend? Who are you rooting for?

I'll be on my annual virtual pilgrimage to Circuit de la Sarthe starting Saturday morning, 7am sharp local time. Got the subscription set up for the live online stream and plan to get the logistics completed today (food etc) for a 24 petrol fest!

I'm pulling for the Ford GTs and Corvettes in the LM GTE Pro class. Great class with a ton of great drivers.

In LMP1 I used to pull for the Audi's when McNish and Kristensen were the pilots now I'm shading towards Porsche and Mark Webber in particular. Would love to see Rebellion come up with a win. It's unlikely but Porsche, Audi and Toyota have all had teething issues this year. ( all 3 teams are running hybrid cars )

Elsewhere in the grid, pulling for local guy and CU student Cooper MacNeil and my favorite mvc framework creator (ruby on rails) David Heinemeier Hansson.

19 hours 29 minutes until green flag. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Le Mans 24 2016 !!!

#2 Post by Nigel »

I shall probably watch a bit here and there but not being a driver of any sorts I've never been that fanatical about motor sports. I hope you enjoy your 24 hr stint though, I might even tune in a bit more this your knowing on the other side of the world there's a Havana GM hunched over a computer screaming wildly lol ;-D
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Leones »

PEBA Commish MK3 wrote:I shall probably watch a bit here and there but not being a driver of any sorts I've never been that fanatical about motor sports. I hope you enjoy your 24 hr stint though, I might even tune in a bit more this your knowing on the other side of the world there's a Havana GM hunched over a computer screaming wildly lol ;-D

Cool! Here are a pair of Aston Martin's to enjoy as an appetizer :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjnb-h6ak_o

edit: should have added they are the sweetest sounding cars on track this weekend :)
Patrick Hildreth

Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by Rory »

Did the Indy car guys ever make it over there like they were suppose to. I know they got delay by rain at Texas which was gonna make it tough on em. I think Scott Dixon and Sebastien Bourdais were scheduled to race it.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Leones »

Knights wrote:Did the Indy car guys ever make it over there like they were suppose to. I know they got delay by rain at Texas which was gonna make it tough on em. I think Scott Dixon and Sebastien Bourdais were scheduled to race it.
Yep. Dixon and Bourdais are in a Ford GT. Townsend Bell is in a Ferrari 458. Mikhail Aleshin is in a P2 car. I think that's all of them. You can check the entry list here :

http://www.lemans.org/explorer/pdf/cour ... s-2016.pdf
Patrick Hildreth

Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Nigel »

Are you ready to go :bang: Doors locked, beers chilled, food to hand and commode seat ready to accept it's load?

Is it really a 24 hr race if you spend the first hr trundling round behind a Sunday morning shopper doing 20 mph?? :wink: :angry-cussingblack:
Last edited by Nigel on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: comment on one hour wasted time
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Leones »

These guys aren't messing about. Check out the safety car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyTA8nVSP4U
Patrick Hildreth

Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#8 Post by Dinosaurs »

Leones wrote:These guys aren't messing about. Check out the safety car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyTA8nVSP4U
Ha, that's pretty crazy. Nice save by whoever was driving that car.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”