Mafia! Mutiny In Bay City: Day 4

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mafia! Mutiny In Bay City: Day 4

#1 Post by Lions »

Day 4

Inside the entrance way to Green Ghost Get-Ups, a solitary police officer waited.

"Oh, boy, oh boy!, I'm gonna catch me a mafia tonight!"

And soon enough, down the street comes Gino Bianchi.

"Those stupid coppers," he laughed to himself. "They can't possibly be so
incompetent as to have insiders and never catch any of us can they?"

"I hear you're a friend of Joseph Tanner!" says the cop as he steps out of the doorway.
"I hope you're looking forward to seeing him!"

"Hey," Gino protests, "You've got the wrong guy. I was just coming to buy a gorilla suit
for a surprise Halloween party this weekend."

"At 3 in the morning? A surprise Halloween party? I don't think so."

Olivia Parsons was again back at the pub early the next morning.

"Goodness, Zephyr!" she exclaimed. "I thought Mr. Coscarat said they cleaned
these floors, but this looks worse than ever!"

A short while later, the pub was full again.

"Good morning, everyone," Steve began. "Let's get started."

"Where's Gino?" Suka asked.

"Gino's in the clink," Steve responded dryly.

"They got him?" Barry asked incredulously.

"They did, and if you lot don't want to end up there, too, you better
figure out which of you no-good-niks ain't on the level.

"Gino was a tried and true Mafia, and as it turns
out, so was Tony."

Everyone looked around surprised.

"I think we'll need to do a little better today, don't you think?"

Rules - Please read these carefully! Significant changes in RED.
  1. Each player will be given a character to play who will be aligned with either the Mafia, the Undercover Agents, or niether. The Mafia wins when all threats to the mafia have been eliminated and there is at least one mafia player alive. The Undercover Agents win when the Undercover Agents obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Any other party characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles. Please note that the Mafia take the role of town, and the Undercover Agents take the role of scum for this game.
  2. Each day you will vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Name/Forum Handle). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Name/Forum Handle). No other format will be accepted. You may unvote and revote as many times as you like, but you may not vote during the first 24 hours of the day thread. In order to lynch a player, that player must achieve a majority of the votes for that day. Failing to post in the day thread will result in a vote penalty the following day equal to the remaining number of players divided by 4, rounded up. You may not vote for yourself.
  3. A game day will last a set amount of time as defined in the first day thread post. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. Days may get shorter as the game progresses, but the first day will last a one week. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, if appropriate.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game hosts via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not publicly play the game outside the day thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. All character alignments and team affiliations have been assigned at random. Metagame at your own risk.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Please respect those still alive by keeping what you know to yourself until the game is over.
  8. You may not edit your posts. Editing a post will result in a vote penalty the same day, equal to the number of remaining players divided by 4, rounded up.
  9. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.
  10. Any interpretation of rules that require clarification is at the hosts discretion and the host's word is final. You are more than welcome to PM the host for any clarification needed that you feel may be too revealing to ask in this thread.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in vote penalties at the host's discretion, with the possibility of death for repeated offenses

Neutral Characters
Steve Coscarat - NPC
Steve Coscarat is the mastermind behind the recent mafia uprising in Bay City.

Active Players
Mayor Jimmy Densmore - Played by Paul (Fishermen)
The ordinary citizenry isn't yet aware of your ties to the mafia, and you aim to keep it that way.

Thomas Hutchins - Played by John (PEBA Commissioner)
Once the Clutchers' dependable ace, you were swayed by power and wealth and joined the mafia, helping to kill off your teammates en route to a mafia takeover in Bay City. The pinstripes you wear now represent a different kind of delivery of authority.

Barry Mulgrew - Played by Mike (Borealis)
Despite having the physical capacity for hands on work, you focus more on the business side of the operation.

Todd Parsons - Played by Dan (Bureaucrats)
No one thinks of you as a kid anymore, but it wasn't hitting your growth spurt that changed their minds. Fortunately, your mother is oblivious to anything since that last bump on her head.

Francesca Piolini - Played by Tyler (Alleghenies)
Cool and methodical, no one can remember a time where you left a trace of evidence at a crime scene.

Klaus Rosenberg - Played by Kevin L. (Featherheads)
You are a respectable businessman who emigrated from Europe. You don't take lightly to being disrespected, in particular your bowtie and sweater vest.

Suka Tingenek - Played by Jim (Cliff Hangers)
It's not just where you come from that has earned you the nickname "The Iceman".

Eliminated
Joseph Tanner - NPC - Arrested on Night 0 - Mafia
Tanner's methods got more and more blatant as it became clear that crime wasn't being stopped. Unfortunately, things have just started to change.

Image Image
Alyssa Filipepi - Played by Kevin V. (Evas) - Lynched on Day 2 - Undercover Agents
Community college was way too easy, so you dropped out. Now you and Tony Masucci spend your time arguing about music.

Image Image
Tony Masucci - Played by James (Longshoremen) - Lynched on Day 3 - Mafia
Your musical success has made you a household name in some circles. In others, your name strikes fear.

Image Image
Gino Bianchi - Played by Brian (Sandgnats) - Arrested on Night 3 - Mafia
Once the captain of a fishing trawler, you've expanded your business and now manage a fleet of three.

Day 4 has now begun. The day will last until Tuesday, July 10, 5pm PDT (~4 days).
You may not vote for the first 24 hours.
A majority vote of 4 votes is required for a lynch.

This thread is exclusively for active participants in the game. In-character posts only, please.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Mafia! Mutiny In Bay City: Day 4

#2 Post by klewis »

Klaus Rosenberg: Oye, ze lights finally turned back on. Somebody must have not paid ze e-lectric bill. I thought diz blackout would last forever. Our poor Gino is gone. Ze coppers must pay! And it looks like ze musician was wun of us after all. Ice Man... I know you and Gino were good buddies. You have any idea what happened last night?
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

Barry Mulgrew: I'm in the dark as well, Klaus. I had my eyes open and all I could tell is that Thomas spent a quiet night... or so it seemed. So I'm unsure where we go next. Maybe those coppers are so good they have us believing their on our side. Maybe we should look where we think we shouldn't...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Lions »

You can vote...
Frank Esselink
Jim

#5 Post by Jim »

Suka Tingenek: Gino was the only one I knew I could trust for sure. I guess the undercover agents realized that as well.

The only thing I know is that Gino asked me not to protect him the night prior. He wanted to be free to exercise his abilities. I guess I should have watched over him last night.

Eyes focus down on the floor as his thoughts dive into the depths of despair and regret
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

Barry Mulgrew: Pull yourself out of your frickin' self pitty Nanook! We don't have the time to get down. We gotta get movin' or we alls going to be in jail - and pronto.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Tyler »

Francesca Piolini: Either the Mayor is lying to us, or the cops voted for one of their own when we lynched Alyssa. This one's getting tricky. I need to think... *Francesca pulls out her knife and takes a seat at the bar*
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Borealis »

Alleghenies wrote:Francesca Piolini: Either the Mayor is lying to us, or the cops voted for one of their own when we lynched Alyssa. This one's getting tricky. I need to think... *Francesca pulls out her knife and takes a seat at the bar*
What do you think the mayor lied about, Francee? Gino seemed to think the Mayor was clean! I think Gino was looking after the Mayor the night before because he was a target. Ida know... What you other guys think?
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by klewis »

Klaus Rosenberg: Barry... to understand more about ze Mayor, I think we need to understand what Gino was doing that night that would led to him believing that ze Mayor was clean. Maybe Gino shared with ze Ice Man about his "special ability." Now, I never heard of these special abilities and it seems all hocus pocus to me. But just maybe ze Ice Man has a clue what Gino was doing on the night he was followin' ze Mayor. All we know is that Gino said he believes ze Mayor was clean. He must have followed him or went through his belongings to make that assumption.
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Lions »

"... the thing was," Olivia continued, "when he got home, Todd had no idea where his pants were!"

"Mom!"

"C'mon guys, shouldn't we be trying to figure out what happened with Gino?"

Current Vote Tally:
- none -

A majority of 4 votes is required for a lynch

There are less than 48 hours remaining in Day 4.
Frank Esselink
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Tyler »

Francesca Piolini: While the rest of you were listening to Olivia's story, I've been thinking, very carefully, about what has happened. Looking back, knowing what we now know about Alyssa, Tony, and Gino. From what I can recall, these details could be relevant:

*Francesca enters a trance-like state*
  • Alyssa gave a half-hearted defense of the Mayor on day one. Maybe she was just playing along, or maybe she was working with the Mayor.
  • Sure enough, the cop (Alyssa) was on the side of us not lynching anyone on day one.
  • Alyssa tried to heavily downplay what now seems like the most likely scenario on the first night - the cops when after Gino, and Suka stopped them. For now, I think that's what happened.
  • Tony voted for Todd on day two.
  • The last people to vote for Alyssa were Barry and Todd. If the cops voted for one of their own, they likely did it only after all hope was lost, or as part of a long game to throw us off the trail after seeing the direction we were going.
  • Tony fingered Todd, Hutch, and Gino on his last day.
  • Gino thought the Mayor was clear, but he also thought that myself and Tony were cops.
  • The Mayor isn't so sure Suka is clean.
  • Gino later clarified that the Mayor wasn't clear with him forever, just for a bit.
Vote on Alyssa (cop) wrote:6 - Alyssa Filipepi - Gino, Hutch, Barry, Todd, Klaus, Suka
1 - Todd Parsons - Tony
1 - Thomas Hutchins - Francesca

No vote: Alyssa, Mayor Jimmy
Vote on Tony (mafia) wrote:7 - Tony Masucci (James) - Gino, Hutch, Francesca, Mayor Jimmy, Barry, Suka, Klaus
2 - Francesca Piolini (Tyler) - Todd, Tony
*Francesca slowly opens her eyes*

Here's how I see it everything right now:
  • Suspect: the Mayor
  • Unclear: Hutch, Todd
  • Probably clean: Barry, Klaus
  • Definitely clean: Suka
I think we've got to go for the Mayor. It's a bit of a stretch, but think about this: there are probably only two or three cops. Alyssa is dead - there's likely only one or two of them left. The Mayor was on this mysterious business trip, and at the same time the cops don't arrest anyone themselves that night. Because the Mayor is in touch with the cops, and couldn't get his orders to them in time? It'd be a mighty strange double-agent setup, but it would explain why Gino thought the Mayor was in the clear. We're all in the dark, but I think it adds up as much as anything.

VOTE: Mayor Jimmy Densmore - Played by Paul (Fishermen)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Paul Moots

#12 Post by Paul Moots »

Mayor JimmyI checked out Todd last night, and as much as I wanted him to be a fed, he stayed put. Like Suka, I don't know that this puts him in the clear altogether, but it does get him off the hook for now, at least in my book.

And that brings me back to Francesca. I shouldn't have let myself be talked into Tony, I'll admit that. But the one who seems to be pulling the strings now is our girl Franny. It's interesting that Gino gets pulled in right after he voices suspicions of Francesca, isn't it?
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by klewis »

Klaus Rosenberg: Oye, the electricity keeps cutting off. These blackouts are makin' it hard for me to think pro-per-ly. Thank you for the summary, Francesca. As I stated earlier, I still think you are ze number one suspect. Then again, I also thought Tony was a likely candidate. So zat shows you how much I know.

Before we start crucifyin' ze Mayor. I like to give him some benefit of the doubt based on Gino's blessing. I like to find out what Gino knows about ze Mayor. Maybe ze Ice Man can give us some clue about that. Obviously, Gino had some special skill that he wasn't tellin' us. Maybe he told Gino his special skill. I wonder what Gino did with ze Mayor that come up ze conclusion that ze Mayor is clean.

Secondly, could it be ze cops did not arrest anyone while ze Mayor was on his trip because.... ze Mayor didn't really go on a trip? He went somewhere else? Maybe ze Mayor was the one who prevented the arrest? Zat's also a strong possibility as well. Maybe zat's why Gino thinks ze Mayor is clean. Maybe Gino went through ze Mayor's personal belongings and came to zat conclusion that ze Mayor helped prevent an arrest? Maybe ze Mayor can shed some light on dis situation.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Tyler »

Fishermen wrote:Mayor JimmyI checked out Todd last night, and as much as I wanted him to be a fed, he stayed put. Like Suka, I don't know that this puts him in the clear altogether, but it does get him off the hook for now, at least in my book.

And that brings me back to Francesca. I shouldn't have let myself be talked into Tony, I'll admit that. But the one who seems to be pulling the strings now is our girl Franny. It's interesting that Gino gets pulled in right after he voices suspicions of Francesca, isn't it?
Francesca Piolini: I didn't know you had the free time to tail us, Mayor, though I'm a bit suspicious you reveal this info only after I vote for you. If I've missed out on your reports before, please correct me. Did you tail anyone else previously? What did you learn?

Actually Gino was pretty clearly our most valuable member, at least from the perspective of the cops. I'm pretty certain they came after him on the first night, and kept at it until Suka had to take a break and they finally nabbed Gino. This is with perfect hindsight, of course, but the cops have the advantage of knowing who they are and could see this from the start.
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Lions »

Current Vote Tally:
1 - Mayor Jimmy (Paul) - Francesca (Tyler)

A majority of 4 votes is required for a lynch

There are 10 hours remaining in Day 4.
Frank Esselink

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”