Mafia! The Stadium Lockdown: C&D Thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mafia! The Stadium Lockdown: C&D Thread

#1 Post by Lions »

This is the Confirmation and Discussion Thread for Mafia! The Stadium Lockdown!

Game Threads:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Conclusion

Everyone should soon have a character assignment sent to them via PM. The rules are posted below, as well as the list of characters. Please read over both pieces of information carefully, and let me know if you have any questions.

Anyone may post in this thread, but DO NOT discuss game play, tactics, or theories in this thread. This thread is for OUT OF CHARACTER discussion ONLY.

Rules - Please read these carefully!
  1. Each player will be given a character to play who will be aligned with either the Town, the Mafia (scum), or niether. Town wins when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive. Mafia wins when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Any other party characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Name/Forum Handle). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Name/Forum Handle). No other format will be accepted. You may unvote and revote as many times as you like. The player with the most votes at the end of a game day will be lynched. If there is a tie then the first player to achieve this vote count will be lynched. Failing to post in the day thread will result in a vote penalty the following day equal to the remaining number of players divided by 4, rounded up. You may not vote for yourself.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after 72 hours, unless the group are decided on a lynch and the moderator decides to end it early. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game hosts via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Metagame at your own risk.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Please respect those still alive by keeping what you know to yourself until the game is over.
  8. You may not edit your posts. Editing a post will result in a vote penalty the same day, equal to the number of remaining players divided by 4, rounded up.
  9. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.
  10. Any interpretation of rules that require clarification is at the hosts discretion and the host's word is final. You are more than welcome to PM the host for any clarification needed that you feel may be too revealing to ask in this thread.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in vote penalties at the host's discretion, with the possibility of death for repeated offenses.

Players
Ulysses G. Harrison - NPC
Ulysses is the owner of the Clutchers, and has known that something fishy was going on, but has so far been unable to stop it, a situation reflected in his appearance if not his demeanor.

Josef - NPC
It’s a bit unclear exactly where Josef is from, but he dresses like Sherlock Holmes and clearly knows what he’s doing.

Gavin Black - Played by Kevin L (Featherheads)
You are the Clutcher's cleanup hitter, and you're always trying to take the ladies deep, too, but you're more likely to swing and miss in both situations.

Thomas Hutchins - Played by John (PEBA Commissioner)
You are the team's dependable ace, a veteran who's seen it all, and little phases you at this stage of your career. The offense may be bleak, but you're regularly among the league leaders in most pitching stats.

Janet Ingram - Played by James (Longshoremen)
You are the Clutcher's public relations representative. You have recently denied any truth to rumors of romantic invovlement with Laird Wausden.

Rick Leonardson - Played by Tyler (Allehenies)
You are the Clutcher's head statistician, a position you have the education for but were ultimately given because you are the owner's nephew.

Spikes McGee - Played by Brian (Sandgnats)
You are the speedy leadoff hitter that drives the Clutcher's offense. You're easily the best player in a troubled lineup and you know it.

Olivia Parsons - Played by Bob (Bulldozers)
A single mother and ex-college softball player, you love bringing your son Todd to Clutchers games.

Todd Parsons - Played by Dan (Bureaucrats)
You're the 12 year old son of Olivia, and have been a die hard Clutchers fan longer than you can remember.

Vinny Patek - Played by Kevn V (Evas)
A die hard Beavers fan living in Clutcher's country, you never miss a game when the Beavers visit, and you take plenty of joy in how your team has dominated the matchup in recent years.

Bob Scorat - Played by Mike (Borealis)
You are the player agent for Laird Wausden.

Marcy Swanson - Played by Nigel (Underground)
You regularly sing the national anthem at Clutcher's games, but missed your opportunity with the cancellation of today's game.

Suka Tingenek - Played by Paul (Trendsetters)
You hail from Kivalina, AK and have been an avid follower of Laird Wausden ever since his days as a minor leaguer.
Last edited by Lions on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Mafia! The Stadium Lockdown: C&D Thread

#2 Post by Evas »

I'm in. I love the mini-fig avatars too. Perfect.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

Also confirming. Also, looks like Olivia Parsons has an incorrect description in the initial post.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by DanD »

Confirming!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Arroyos »

Alleghenies wrote:Also confirming. Also, looks like Olivia Parsons has an incorrect description in the initial post.
Don't you go picking on us Parsons. My son Todd will smack your geeky statistician's head upside!

Oh yes, this is Olivia, confirming.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by klewis »

Gavin is ready to swing for the fences (and miss).
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Apollos »

Spikes checking in. Thanks for putting this together, Frank!
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Reg »

confirming
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Borealis »

My client isn't signing for anything less than Cain Money!

I'm in...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Arroyos »

Borealis wrote:My client isn't signing for anything less than Cain Money!

I'm in...
Mr Scorat, I don't know how you can seriously demand such outrageous contracts for your clients when you wear such out-of-fashion suits. If you'd like me to (ahem) adjust your professional look, come by the house in the afternoons. I sometimes do some part-time seamstitchery for friends and neighbors. You look like you could use some!

Olivia Parsons
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by John »

Confirmed! I'm looking forward to this... :geek:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Arroyos »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:Confirmed! I'm looking forward to this... :geek:
Yes, Mr Hutchins, my son Todd and I will be there opening day to watch you pitch. We expect great things from you! Todd wants to organize a fan club for you. Do you think you could send him some autographed pictures?

Yours,
Olivia Parsons
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#13 Post by Nigel »

I'm really pissed at missing my sing song!

yours confirming

Marcia
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Lions »

Looks like we've got everyone confirmed except James. Once he checks in, I'll post the first day thread.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Arroyos »

Underground wrote:I'm really pissed at missing my sing song!

Marcia
Marcia,

We all know how upset you get at these things, but it's not always about you, dear. They didn't cancel the game just to irritate you. There'll be another opening game, and you'll finally get to sing your heart out, honey. So relax, go with the flow.

Olivia
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”