New members: Introduce yourself in this thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New members: Introduce yourself in this thread

#46 Post by John »

I learned something new today! Thanks, Nigel. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Branda

#47 Post by Mike Branda »

Welcome James , great to have you on the forums.
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#48 Post by Arroyos »

Welcome, James. Where in Utah do you live? I went to school at U of U and spent some time in St. George and Cedar City. Not to mention camping and hiking in Zion every summer for a decade.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#49 Post by Leones »

Welcome James!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#50 Post by Borealis »

Go Liverpool....

Ok... you can go back to your afternoon's delights...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Jim

#51 Post by Jim »

Welcome James! Looking forward to seeing more posts on the forums and hopefully your name associated with a PEBA/LRS team one day.
retnuhsemaj

#52 Post by retnuhsemaj »

Steel Dragons wrote:Don't think I should welcome any Utd fan :lol:

C.T.I.D.

How good is 6-1 ?

Anyway welcome (ish) James
Ouch...

While I admit the first derby of the season definitely didn't go how I would have hoped, I'll respond with the number 19. As in 19 league titles :) So, while 6 - 1 sucked, let's see where we are at season's end. I'm always up for friendly banter :)
Bulldozers wrote:Welcome, James. Where in Utah do you live? I went to school at U of U and spent some time in St. George and Cedar City. Not to mention camping and hiking in Zion every summer for a decade.
I went to school at Westminster. My wife and I live in Sandy currently. We definitely have some great outdoors in this part of the country! Thanks for the warm welcome!
Denra44

#53 Post by Denra44 »

I had some good friends move to Utah, from Texas to Utah.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#54 Post by Reg »

Akira wrote:
Denra44 wrote:Jaden, Denra, Joe, all the names I have go by. I am sixteen, I play baseball and football, Love my 'Boys and Rangers!
So do you live in the metroplex or are you rooting from afar? I live south of Dallas.
How far south of Dallas...I just moved east of Austin.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#55 Post by Apollos »

Welcome to the new PEBA'ers. Hope you gentlemen get to know your new digs and enjoy your stay! ;-D
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Denra44

#56 Post by Denra44 »

Sandgnats wrote:Welcome to the new PEBA'ers. Hope you gentlemen get to know your new digs and enjoy your stay! ;-D
ha wait till a few of us come, that way you just have to post once not twice :D
Greg A
Triple-A
Triple-A

#57 Post by Greg A »

Steel Dragons wrote:Not quite John }:-) The C is for City. In his piece James said he was a soccer fan of Real Salt Lake and Manchester United (united is often abbreviated to Utd as is Manchester to Man in football terms to save room in papers), well I'm a season ticket holder of Manchester City and the rivalry is, well think Red Sox/Yankees but much more bitter, although for many years now united have been top dog winning many trophies while City have faltered sinking as low as the third tier at one point.

Now City's new owners are pumping money in (we're talking billions literally) and times are changing. In our recent league game we went to United's ground (Old Trafford) and won 6-1, the biggest wining margin ever (since the rivalry started in the late 1800's).

The big blue 6 shows the goal at the bottom and the tracks show where each run was made with the ball to score the goals. Its a piece of English fan taunting which I hope James would understand but I doubt it as many Manchester United fans are fans just because they're big and famous not because they have any love for the club or it's players

And I would welcome the chance to pursue full-time banter with James :wink:

GO SPURS!!!
Steel Dragons

#58 Post by Steel Dragons »

It's nice to see a few football (ok ... soccer) lovers coming out of the woodwork. See our GM photo thread for me with the FA Cup and I will endeavour as soon as I can next season to post one of me with City's Premier League trophy :lol:
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#59 Post by Denny »

Steel Dragons wrote:It's nice to see a few football (ok ... soccer) lovers coming out of the woodwork. See our GM photo thread for me with the FA Cup and I will endeavour as soon as I can next season to post one of me with City's Premier League trophy :lol:
Interesting! Just this year I've started reading The Reducer, a weekly column about the Premier League on the sports web site Grantland, which prompted me to pick a team to cheer for. Naturally, I chose Everton....America's Team :grin:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Matt
VIP
VIP

#60 Post by Matt »

Trendsetters wrote:
Akira wrote:
Denra44 wrote:Jaden, Denra, Joe, all the names I have go by. I am sixteen, I play baseball and football, Love my 'Boys and Rangers!
So do you live in the metroplex or are you rooting from afar? I live south of Dallas.
How far south of Dallas...I just moved east of Austin.

How far east of Austin? I love the Longhorns but I hate that Austin traffic. Thankfully my present job has never had me run through Austin. I'm still calling San Antonio home, though my dispatchers seem to think it's El Paso. Actually looking to buy a home down in the Kingsville or Corpus Christi areas, but never get enough time to go look so it might have to wait a bit. Would love to go further south to Brownsville, McAllen or Harlingen, but too far out of the trucking lanes.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”