New members: Introduce yourself in this thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

Re: New members: Introduce yourself in this thread

#16 Post by Jason »

/scratching my head
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Cole

#17 Post by Cole »

Hi all,

Prospective new PEBA-er here.

I'm 28 years old and I live in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. Any other Canadians in the league?

I play and coach baseball, as well as being a diehard supporter of the Toronto Blue Jays. I guess you could say the game is truly one of my passions. My line of work is journalism, as I'm a reporter/editor for a daily newspaper. So, I guess you could say that writing is also one of my passions.

I have played OOTP for about 10 years now, since I first found a version 2 on a shareware site, then took to the Internet to find out there was a version 5 about to be released! I have bought every version since.

I understand there are also some WBH-ers in here.. I am also the Seoul Warlords in that great league.

I'm very impressed with the level of immersion and interaction in this league, I think it's truly unmmatched in the OOTP world.

I have read through the constitution (which is a bit of an overwhelming document, to say the least!) and I have also read through the league history, which is great to get some background.

If accepted to the league, I plan to read through Ron Co's PEBA book as well, as it seems to come highly regarded.

So I guess the next thing left to do is to post my introductory article? I plan to have that out to the masses in the next little while. Hope you guys enjoy my writing style.
Mike Branda

#18 Post by Mike Branda »

Welcome ,

I am from Maine originally and that almost Canadian lol, I lived a rocks toss from the St Johns river.
welcome to the league, from the article standpoint I remember I just pmed or emailed John our Commissioner.
Steel Dragons

#19 Post by Steel Dragons »

Welcome Cole, I would definately read Ron's book. I've only just read it myself and it's a good read as well as introducing you to the various PEBA franchises which I didn't know too much about as I've always managed in the LRS
Cole

#20 Post by Cole »

Crushers wrote:Welcome ,

I am from Maine originally and that almost Canadian lol, I lived a rocks toss from the St Johns river.
welcome to the league, from the article standpoint I remember I just pmed or emailed John our Commissioner.
Yes, I have e-mailed my article to John, now up to him to do with it what he will, I suppose!
Steel Dragons wrote:Welcome Cole, I would definately read Ron's book. I've only just read it myself and it's a good read as well as introducing you to the various PEBA franchises which I didn't know too much about as I've always managed in the LRS
Thanks Nigel. I do plan on reading it. The idea of a book based on an OOTP league is awesome.

I've actually always wanted to write a baseball book of some variety at some point in my life, so maybe I will be inspied in some respect.

Also a quesion ... are ALL forum posts not put up until a moderator approves them, or is it just for people who are non-league-members?

I was just about to rewrite my introduction because I thought it didn't post, but I guess it was just waiting for moderator approval.
Jim

#21 Post by Jim »

Cole wrote:I understand there are also some WBH-ers in here.. I am also the Seoul Warlords in that great league.
Welcome Cole! I am the Pacora Jaguars (DOM) in the WBH
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#22 Post by John »

Cole wrote:Also a quesion ... are ALL forum posts not put up until a moderator approves them, or is it just for people who are non-league-members?

I was just about to rewrite my introduction because I thought it didn't post, but I guess it was just waiting for moderator approval.
Only your first two posts are moderated. We deal with quite a high volume of spambots, I'm afraid, and countermeasures are necessary.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Tyler »

Cole wrote:Hi all,

I understand there are also some WBH-ers in here.. I am also the Seoul Warlords in that great league.

If accepted to the league, I plan to read through Ron Co's PEBA book as well, as it seems to come highly regarded.
Welcome, Cole! Start reading RonCo's book right now - no need to wait on a franchise. ;-D

For awhile I was the GM of the Santo Domingo Saints in the WBH. I think I was their last GM before the franchise was contracted, but I'm not certain.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#24 Post by Hitmen »

Welcome all prospective PEBA-ites! ;-D Our transfer over to OOTP12 is going to be exciting as we look forward to the new year! Keep an eye on the html's while you can as it will get exciting and fast.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#25 Post by Borealis »

Welcome Cole, and good luck!!!

There's a plethora of reading here, truly some great, great stuff!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#26 Post by Lions »

Welcome to all of you. Please feel free to start looking through league history and contributing to discussions. It's great to see some new names come to join what's already a tremendous community.
Borealis wrote:There's a plethora of reading here, truly some great, great stuff!!!
Hey, I've written stuff, too!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Steel Dragons

#27 Post by Steel Dragons »

There seems to be a few people registering on the boards and then not posting? Come on in guys, we don't bite (unless you leave a prospect or two lying around :lol: ).
Joining in with the community there is the quickest way to a franchise and it really helps you find your way round too. I know that Cole finds it easier at Kalamazoo because after he joined he explored the depths of our archives and got his questions answered.
So come on, don't just register! Introduce yourself and start to enjoy the community ;-D
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by John »

Steel Dragons wrote:There seems to be a few people registering on the boards and then not posting? Come on in guys, we don't bite (unless you leave a prospect or two lying around :lol: ).
Joining in with the community there is the quickest way to a franchise and it really helps you find your way round too. I know that Cole finds it easier at Kalamazoo because after he joined he explored the depths of our archives and got his questions answered.
So come on, don't just register! Introduce yourself and start to enjoy the community ;-D
What he said! By all means, introduce yourself if you register! And if you have already introduced yourself, don't be a stranger on the forums. We want to hear from you. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denra44

#29 Post by Denra44 »

Jaden, Denra, Joe, all the names I have go by. I am sixteen, I play baseball and football, Love my 'Boys and Rangers!
Neil Thomas

#30 Post by Neil Thomas »

Denra44 wrote:Jaden, Denra, Joe, all the names I have go by. I am sixteen, I play baseball and football, Love my 'Boys and Rangers!
Welcome to the PEBAverse! I am interested to see what Yu Darvish will do with the Rangers, just take it easy on my Athletics.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”