New members: Introduce yourself in this thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: New members: Introduce yourself in this thread

#61 Post by Reg »

40 minutes...Giddings, TX
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Denra44

#62 Post by Denra44 »

Hook em' Horns! Giddings is like a two day trip from my part of Texas :D
Steel Dragons

#63 Post by Steel Dragons »

Anyway Denra ;-D which of your three names do you prefer to be called by on here? We can't keep on calling you the threesome :lol:
Denra44

#64 Post by Denra44 »

Steel Dragons wrote:Anyway Denra ;-D which of your three names do you prefer to be called by on here? We can't keep on calling you the threesome :lol:
Ha, Joe works fine since it's my real name (or at least short for it).
Greg A
Triple-A
Triple-A

#65 Post by Greg A »

Steel Dragons wrote:It's nice to see a few football (ok ... soccer) lovers coming out of the woodwork. See our GM photo thread for me with the FA Cup and I will endeavour as soon as I can next season to post one of me with City's Premier League trophy :lol:
Nigel you had to enjoy the Arsenal drubbing as much as I am .
Steel Dragons

#66 Post by Steel Dragons »

Certainly :wink: What really pleased me was our TV commentators (on the ITV channel which don't cover much football) seemed genuinely shocked by it

"But Arsenal have won there last two times here"

"Milan are only so-so, not likely to pose a real threat"

But Arsenal have been in decline for several years now and I watch the Italian Serie A on ESPN quite a bit plus have been to City v Napoli and Juventus in the last couple of years. I knew from this that Milan would be strong and I had £5 0n 3-0 so I was a bit sick when the fourth went in :shake:
Greg A
Triple-A
Triple-A

#67 Post by Greg A »

Steel Dragons wrote:Certainly :wink: What really pleased me was our TV commentators (on the ITV channel which don't cover much football) seemed genuinely shocked by it

"But Arsenal have won there last two times here"

"Milan are only so-so, not likely to pose a real threat"

But Arsenal have been in decline for several years now and I watch the Italian Serie A on ESPN quite a bit plus have been to City v Napoli and Juventus in the last couple of years. I knew from this that Milan would be strong and I had £5 0n 3-0 so I was a bit sick when the fourth went in :shake:
UGH. That stupid Penalty Kick.

I agree the announcers were not the brightest and did seem utterly shocked.
Grumbles

#68 Post by Grumbles »

Hey guys! My names Tom, I am Mike's (NJ Hitmen) younger brother. I am here to talk about gaming stuff in general. I will probably start up another Dwarf Fort thread since my brother told me you guys really enjoyed it. I am not interested in a team since I am not into baseball particularly. I look forward to talking about games with you guys and possibly play some games with you guys in the future like our Diablo 2, and Civ 5 games.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#69 Post by John »

Grumbles wrote:Hey guys! My names Tom, I am Mike's (NJ Hitmen) younger brother. I am here to talk about gaming stuff in general. I will probably start up another Dwarf Fort thread since my brother told me you guys really enjoyed it. I am not interested in a team since I am not into baseball particularly. I look forward to talking about games with you guys and possibly play some games with you guys in the future like our Diablo 2, and Civ 5 games.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Tom through our online games, so I can say with authority that he is one capital dude. ;-D Tom, welcome to the PEBA forums. I loved Michael's recap of your earlier Dwarf Fortress game, and I look forward to your upcoming recap. I'm looking forward even more to getting back into another online game with you, Michael, and the rest of our gaming group. Diablo II was fun times. :grin:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#70 Post by Hitmen »

Grumbles wrote:Hey guys! My names Tom, I am Mike's (NJ Hitmen) younger brother. I am here to talk about gaming stuff in general. I will probably start up another Dwarf Fort thread since my brother told me you guys really enjoyed it. I am not interested in a team since I am not into baseball particularly. I look forward to talking about games with you guys and possibly play some games with you guys in the future like our Diablo 2, and Civ 5 games.
Muahahaha :twisted: Get him to join the forums :check:
Get him to do another Dwarf Fort adventure :check:
On to phase three of talking him into doing PEBA :lol:
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Jim

#71 Post by Jim »

Hey Tom! Glad to hear from you again and all the good things you noted in your post! I'm one of those who loved (and still does) the Dwarf Fort stories. I've been itching to get a Civ 5 game going again (either solo or with you guys). I was looking for a good RPG to get started with, and Diablo came up as one of the highly rated action/RPG games in my research. I'm not sure I can afford the price of the game, but I will certainly consider it if another player is needed for a Dibalo 2 game.
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by Arroyos »

Mike, you have a family member who isn't "into baseball"? How can that be?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#73 Post by Tyler »

Welcome to the forums, Tom! It'll be great to have you posting directly.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
jarmenia

Hi All

#74 Post by jarmenia »

Hello everyone. Some of you may recognize me from the OOTP boards and or the beta test team. I've put in an application to join the PEBA and thought I'd stop by and say hi. There's currently a wait list so while I won't be actively participating at this time I will be around the PEBA forums to join the discussions.

For those that don't know me, I've been playing OOTP since version 4 and was a member of the beta test team for several years until real life kept me too busy to continue to participate. I've also run an on line stats only league for several years and have been a baseball fan since I was old enough to know what a baseball is.

I look forward to being part of the league,

John
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#75 Post by John »

Welcome, John! We know each other from our beta team experience, and I'm really looking to having you here on the PEBA forums. Make yourself at home; feel free to jump into any conversation we have going, or start one up yourself! ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”