New members: Introduce yourself in this thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Steel Dragons

Re: New members: Introduce yourself in this thread

#31 Post by Steel Dragons »

Welcome to Jaden, Denra & Joe! Could be the first threesome to take charge of a team in the PEBAverse
Denra44

#32 Post by Denra44 »

:D Well I mean it's really only one person just all the internet alias I have used. So i was just saying one the names work.
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#33 Post by Akira »

Denra44 wrote:Jaden, Denra, Joe, all the names I have go by. I am sixteen, I play baseball and football, Love my 'Boys and Rangers!
So do you live in the metroplex or are you rooting from afar? I live south of Dallas.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Denra44

#34 Post by Denra44 »

Akira wrote:
Denra44 wrote:Jaden, Denra, Joe, all the names I have go by. I am sixteen, I play baseball and football, Love my 'Boys and Rangers!
So do you live in the metroplex or are you rooting from afar? I live south of Dallas.
North, from the panhandle
retnuhsemaj

#35 Post by retnuhsemaj »

Good Morning Everyone!

My name is James and I'm interested in joining the PEBA.

I've been playing OOTP since version 9 and have just recently started playing in online leagues, which have taken OOTP to a whole new level for me.

I'm 28 years old and was born, raised and still live in Utah. I am a huge baseball (Boston Red Sox) and soccer (RSL and Manchester United) fan.

I've been very impressed with the history and depth of this league as I've researched it. It's truly one of the best run leagues I've come across and I'm hoping to join your ranks!

Anyways, just thought I'd post here to say hello and looking forward to meeting you all!

James
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#36 Post by Cole »

retnuhsemaj wrote:Good Morning Everyone!

I've been playing OOTP since version 9 and have just recently started playing in online leagues, which have taken OOTP to a whole new level for me.

I'm 28 years old and was born, raised and still live in Utah. I am a huge baseball (Boston Red Sox) and soccer (RSL and Manchester United) fan.

I've been very impressed with the history and depth of this league as I've researched it. It's truly one of the best run leagues I've come across and I'm hoping to join your ranks!

Anyways, just thought I'd post here to say hello and looking forward to meeting you all!

James
Welcome James, good luck in getting a franchise!
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by Tyler »

retnuhsemaj wrote:Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome to the forums, James! Feel free to post anything and everything.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Neil Thomas

#38 Post by Neil Thomas »

Welcome James! I was born and raised in Utah but am now in Jackson hole. Nice to see another utahn around here. Hopefully a spot opens up, this is a great league!
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by klewis »

I missed a couple of intros so I would like to welcome the new forum members onto the league. Out of curiosity, I wonder if any new members have picked up a favorite team or player to follow? It would be interesting to hear the pulse of the league from an outsider's point of view.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by Borealis »

Welcome James...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Steel Dragons

#41 Post by Steel Dragons »

Don't think I should welcome any Utd fan :lol:

C.T.I.D.

How good is 6-1 ?

Anyway welcome (ish) James
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#42 Post by Cole »

Steel Dragons wrote:Don't think I should welcome any Utd fan :lol:

C.T.I.D.

How good is 6-1 ?

Anyway welcome (ish) James
And for the rest of us, this means what??? Haha.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#43 Post by Borealis »

Badgers wrote:And for the rest of us, this means what??? Haha.
Ditto...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#44 Post by John »

I believe "C. T. I. D." stands for "Chelsea 'til I Die" - Chelsea being an English football club. If I'm correct, then Nigel may have read James's introduction as saying that he born and raised in "Utd" (an abbreviation for Manchester United, a rival football club) rather than "Utah".
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Steel Dragons

#45 Post by Steel Dragons »

Not quite John }:-) The C is for City. In his piece James said he was a soccer fan of Real Salt Lake and Manchester United (united is often abbreviated to Utd as is Manchester to Man in football terms to save room in papers), well I'm a season ticket holder of Manchester City and the rivalry is, well think Red Sox/Yankees but much more bitter, although for many years now united have been top dog winning many trophies while City have faltered sinking as low as the third tier at one point.

Now City's new owners are pumping money in (we're talking billions literally) and times are changing. In our recent league game we went to United's ground (Old Trafford) and won 6-1, the biggest wining margin ever (since the rivalry started in the late 1800's).

The big blue 6 shows the goal at the bottom and the tracks show where each run was made with the ball to score the goals. Its a piece of English fan taunting which I hope James would understand but I doubt it as many Manchester United fans are fans just because they're big and famous not because they have any love for the club or it's players

And I would welcome the chance to pursue full-time banter with James :wink:

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”